Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game #3

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SukaShen
03.22.2013 , 04:55 AM | #341
I was a subscriber and then I stopped playing for awhile and came back as a preferred status player. I was shocked by the changes to the game and how little freedom I had as a non-subscriber. I really don't think things like toggling helmets on and off, matching armor colors, displaying titles (that you earned by investing time in the game), sharing gear and currency between alts, and medical probes should have to be purchased from the Cartel Market. I think these particular changes to the game are ridiculous. Most of these things come standard with any other MMO and I think SWTOR is going to antagonize a lot of people by denying these features to free-to-play players.

I can understand selling cosmetic items through the Cartel Market like special gear skins, vehicles, pets, race change, racial unlocks, etc.--a lot of other MMO's charge for similar items, but expecting people to pay real currency for features that come free with most other free-to-pay MMO's isn't good business. You may make a little extra money early on, but eventually people are going to navigate to other free-to-play games that don't put as many restrictions on game play.

Free-to-play needs to be revamped.

SukaShen
03.22.2013 , 05:16 AM | #342
People who subscribe to this game--who pay good money to play--and have stuck by this game since it was first released are feeling neglected by its developers. Please, show us that you are listening to your customers by acknowledging the concerns expressed in this forum. There is a lot of disappointment with the state of the game and people feel like their voices aren't being heard.

Thaydin
03.22.2013 , 05:18 AM | #343
Well as a new player coming in their first mmo due to the love we all gave for the saga. They get instantly harassade on their first planets. "That used to be a time of fun and oh im a newb and no one cared. I have seen the worst people on these planets with far superior gear they payed for from months of selling telling these people they must suck if they cant defeat this or that and acting like they are superior when they are in fact overcompensating. wow your killing alot and overgeared on a beginner planet lets brag and treet our fellow new players like dirt. Oh and i know the usual but this is bad for the game. we need the in flux of players. we dont need the unwarranted cockiness of some bigots fighting on starting planets like losers. if you work on an alt and see or hear it. SAY something. report or just tell em to **** and help a new player idc but its important... Icefang.

JediKalel
03.22.2013 , 05:19 AM | #344
Yeah I don't pay money for this MMO so I can dress my guy up like the SIMS or give him a haircut and change his race (seriously just choose the right one to start with).... I play it to, oh you know, do some game content with other people.

Thaydin
03.22.2013 , 05:24 AM | #345
Quote: Originally Posted by SukaShen View Post
People who subscribe to this game--who pay good money to play--and have stuck by this game since it was first released are feeling neglected by its developers. Please, show us that you are listening to your customers by acknowledging the concerns expressed in this forum. There is a lot of disappointment with the state of the game and people feel like their voices aren't being heard.
Yeah, I came back and got companion out and stomped a hole in your new content without a problem. Boss isnt even anything to amaze. Lets get us some things that challenge a group not just operational groups. Lets face it, alot of our friends our not coming back or they are on alts... Allow 4 to enter an area that is slammed full of death at every miss step. or nerf my op considerably.

respectfully,
Icefang

yoomazir
03.22.2013 , 05:44 AM | #346
Cathar & barbershop early tthis summer? Check !

curtkram
03.22.2013 , 05:52 AM | #347
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaydin View Post
Well as a new player coming in their first mmo due to the love we all gave for the saga. They get instantly harassade on their first planets. "That used to be a time of fun and oh im a newb and no one cared. I have seen the worst people on these planets with far superior gear they payed for from months of selling telling these people they must suck if they cant defeat this or that and acting like they are superior when they are in fact overcompensating. wow your killing alot and overgeared on a beginner planet lets brag and treet our fellow new players like dirt. Oh and i know the usual but this is bad for the game. we need the in flux of players. we dont need the unwarranted cockiness of some bigots fighting on starting planets like losers. if you work on an alt and see or hear it. SAY something. report or just tell em to **** and help a new player idc but its important... Icefang.
are you that person who was almost in tears because nobody would group with you and kill everything for you through all of the solo content so you wouldn't have to? the first planets are to learn game mechanics. you really should run the solo content by yourself so you can figure out how to swing a lightsaber and how the game works. my experience is, if you have a question about gear or mechanics someone will likely try to help. your just complaining about someone not holding your hand and running your story for you.

it does get harder, so if you're unable to beat a silver or gold of your level with a companion helping you, you probably need to figure out why and try again. then, move on to the next planet when you're ready.

AlrikFassbauer
03.22.2013 , 05:57 AM | #348
I just read the "Open Letter" and I'm kind of saddened that there was no word about the cuts of CMs for the other two languages of the game.

The German-language community is still riddled by this move, and many forum members there interpret this cut as a sign that Bioware / EA are not doing well at all. - So bad, in fact, that CMs had to be cut.

Unfortunately, a few discussions have escalated there already, simply because there is no moderation at all there anymore (apart from the too few Bioware Supporters (5 for the whole country ! - at least that was their number before the German & French CMs were cut).

jsmithh
03.22.2013 , 07:13 AM | #349
well i guess I'm one of the rare people who got hooked by the f2p. I actually bought the game for a modest 15$ when f2p was announced, got a free month, and then 2 months as preferred. I think the f2p was designed for people who wants to play single-player and love Bioware's other RPGs (with the bonus of grouping once in a while). In a sense, I think it'great, for 15$ I get access to 8 single-player storylines, totalizing close to 800 hrs of content.. I re-subscribe because of the double XP weekend (so as not to be limited by -25% exp gain as f2p), so I think Bioware is doing something right. Again, not sure if i'm in the minority here.

As an MMO and end-game content, f2p fails obviously, unless you start paying for purple equipment authorization, but then again, limited to 3 flashpoint rolls, no operation, limited warzone.....etc....

RileyBrown
03.22.2013 , 07:13 AM | #350
All I really want is name changes and paid server transfers. They said both these features where coming soon like a year ago, but have not heard anything about it since. Whats the deal? I would really like an update on these features.