Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Being a subscriber really means nothing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Being a subscriber really means nothing

LadyDrusilla's Avatar


LadyDrusilla
03.22.2013 , 02:13 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by gamorrean View Post
anyone else remember the quote used by Bioware when talking about F2P.

"Being a Subscriber is like a all you can eat Buffet*

well, that's not true at all, i honestly do not mind the color crystal or armor in there as you can go to the GTN, but with the barber shop and the rep system for cash only?

well that is just gold farming from EA, with how good this game could have been and with the *SO* Called SSP going AWOL, this is just a cash cow for EA, it's a shame we can not even have one more class chapter each.

just disappointed to what being a subscriber means.
You do know subscribers get free cartel coins every month, right?F2P do not. so no, being s subcriber still means you get free access to this feature, just not unlimited.
This blonde loves her Hutts, the bigger, the better.

Rafaman's Avatar


Rafaman
03.22.2013 , 03:10 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitellius View Post
I can't believe how much crying this barbershop issue has caused. But, besides that, if you TRULY believe there is zero benefit to being a subscriber then it should be safe to assume you plan to go/already gone F2P. I mean, only a fool would pay real cash when they can get the same experience for free, right?

As a subscriber, I have payed ZERO money besides my sub. I've used my monthly CC to buy packs, the trade network to get cartel stuff, and buying from people making deals on the station. All in game credits that I got from playing. Now, who want's to bet that you'll eventually be able to buy hairstyles on the trade network?
Yup... sums it up pretty well. I just chuckle at the phobia and move on when I can, but sometimes... I can't help myself and respond. It is just mind boggling.

As for the reasons to sub? There is a long list, but... why not try preferred status and F2P yourselves? See how much QQ that will generate from you?

Ighten's Avatar


Ighten
03.22.2013 , 03:19 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitellius View Post
I can't believe how much crying this barbershop issue has caused. But, besides that, if you TRULY believe there is zero benefit to being a subscriber then it should be safe to assume you plan to go/already gone F2P. I mean, only a fool would pay real cash when they can get the same experience for free, right?

As a subscriber, I have payed ZERO money besides my sub. I've used my monthly CC to buy packs, the trade network to get cartel stuff, and buying from people making deals on the station. All in game credits that I got from playing. Now, who want's to bet that you'll eventually be able to buy hairstyles on the trade network?
Have to agree and dont quite get the arguments.. I have never paid any real cash to the Cartel but I have had plenty of things from it with the build up of CC or simply GTN..

sumuji's Avatar


sumuji
03.22.2013 , 03:47 AM | #34
LOL

I'll be glad when these blockheads move on to something else. This is just today's thread from someone that fails to see they can buy cartel items with credits. Even reputation and certs. There is NO item related to the cartel market or it's repuation that requires you buy cartel coins. And no you don't deserve to get everything you want with a minimal amount of effort just because you're a subscriber. You have unrestricted access to the actual full game and like every other MMORPG in existence that is what you're paying a monthly fee for.

There sure are a weird people with a overabundance of enitlement issues that play this game.

Arutar's Avatar


Arutar
03.22.2013 , 03:51 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by gamorrean View Post

just disappointed to what being a subscriber means.
Then how about switching to f2p? I mean, is somebody forcing you to subscribe if you do not think you are getting your moneys worth?

Ah I get, it... it is another one of "those" treads.

Belacose's Avatar


Belacose
03.22.2013 , 04:03 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Infernixx View Post
For me, I simply can't get over the vast amounts of just outright ridiculous complaining and whining that has infested this forum.

It is, quite literally, never ending. And it's baseless and selfish at its core. Half of it is a steady flood of people who seem to expect everything in the game to be given to them, free of charge, simply 'because'.

And, as if to balance that, the other half is a unceasing storm of rage at the bugs and flaws and glitches that still exist and, to their eyes, should have been fixed long ago.

So, combine that and you find a howling mass of posters who want CM stuff for free and yet want the game to be fixed...for free.

They expect the game to work perfectly, to have good customer service, to have regular PVP/PVE updates and new patches...and all of it apparently done without any additional revenue from them.

It's so out there, so mind-boggling, so myopic as to stagger the imagination. These are 'adults', or near-adults and yet they have the expectations and the reactions of children. Scream loud, scream long, until someone acknowledges you and when they do, insult them, demean them and heckle them.

And then they wonder why they stop communicating with the community!

It's completely turned me off to this forum. There are a few sane people here, but the majority act as I've posted above and I'm really done with it. You can't have a discussion on this forum. You just can't. You get shouted down by the anti-EA/BW rabid haters and labeled a 'drone' or a 'fanboy' for not following along with their mindless hatred of anything TOR-related.

So, I'm going to go into lurker mode. Stick to Class forums and other places where the ragers and the children don't gather. It's better to abandon General than let them poison my enjoyment of this game.
Couldn't agree more!

In the game's general chat you don't get all this hate and complaining like you do in this forum. In fact it's quite the opposite.

What's even more sickening is that some of the childish trolls also make it a point to post the same crap in every online gaming magazine forum they can google. Several don't even change their user name from one website to the next. It's like they're on a mission.

Arutar's Avatar


Arutar
03.22.2013 , 04:09 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Belacose View Post

In the game's general chat you don't get all this hate and complaining like you do in this forum. In fact it's quite the opposite.
The satisfied player plays the game.

The unhappy player moans and whines in the forums.

Which means that we should not take any forum issue to seriuos to begin with. Yeah, a hundred forum users might complain about something. But that does not make them the "majority" just because they are vocal.

astrobearx's Avatar


astrobearx
03.22.2013 , 04:16 AM | #38
as someone who laspe back into f2p, i can tell your sub is worth it


sure you still have to pay stuff, but its beats the hell like restriction you gotta deal with as a f2per


i couldnt get my recruit mk2 gear becuz i was f2p at the time

Mistwinter's Avatar


Mistwinter
03.22.2013 , 04:19 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Aumeer View Post
Why are you complaining about this? Subscribing is worth every single dollar that you pay. You receive access to the game, monthly cartel tokens, and access to pvp! And on top of those three premium benefits, you receive frequent updates packed with lots of content that keeps the game fun and exciting constantly. This thread is clearly a talking point of the vocal minority.
Star Wars: The Old Republic, where access to the game and PvP are premium benefits.

Tachenko_Yuri's Avatar


Tachenko_Yuri
03.22.2013 , 04:24 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by gamorrean View Post

well, that's not true at all, i honestly do not mind the color crystal or armor in there as you can go to the GTN, but with the barber shop and the rep system for cash only?
Yeah, tell people that when you're buying weekly flashpoint and operation passes, authorizations and all that.And that's if you don't give a damn about warzone and/or space.

yeah go f2p