Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's PvP like on Begeren?

Brillat
03.22.2013 , 01:18 AM | #1
How long are you waiting for pops? Is there a healthy balance Imp / Rep or does one faction loldominate?

Depending on what happens to the APAC servers (annoucement 'within the week') I may be one of many refugees trying to find the right server and while I very much enjoy RP I definitely prefer PvP to PvE content.

JenseitsvonBose
03.22.2013 , 01:27 AM | #2
I think a lot of it depends on whether you're talking lowbies or 50s, and also if you're a solo-queuer or group-queuer. At lowbies, anything's anything. At 50, I feel like I run into a lot more groups consisting of double-imp premades than I find myself in, pub-side, and solo-queueing can be a real pain. That said, I think that, for the time being, the republic has a slight edge over the empire, in terms of elder-game pvp'ers, and if you put together a solid group there's more than a fighting chance. All in all, compared to what I've heard from people on the other servers, I'd say that we're pretty darned balanced.

As far as queue times go, I'm not really sure I could give any reasonable estimate... I usually talk to friends, craft, do GTN stuff, whatever, between pops. It's not pre-1.2 long, but it's usually not one after the other, either. Queues (at 50) tend to die somewhere between 1 and 3am PST, but lowbies seem to run all night, most of the time.

Ranked is fairly dead, at the moment. There're some great people / guilds working on changing that, but it remains to be seen whether anything will come of it.

Cheats / hacks are almost non-existent, at least, in my experience, and the community's been very good about dealing with exploits.

I think that's about it, in a nutshell.
Jenseitsvonbose | Gunsmoke | Mcroyal
Shortbus - Resident Tendon Blaster - "What's a CC?"

J_Fred
03.22.2013 , 02:19 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Brillat View Post
How long are you waiting for pops? Is there a healthy balance Imp / Rep or does one faction loldominate?

Depending on what happens to the APAC servers (annoucement 'within the week') I may be one of many refugees trying to find the right server and while I very much enjoy RP I definitely prefer PvP to PvE content.
Pops don't take long at all, 50s or pres. Tonight we were getting pops well into the AM every couple minutes. In terms of faction balance, I cant speak much for the pres since the balance there is usually which faction has the most higher levels at that point in time. 50 pvp I would say is about 60-40 in favor of the republic. The repubs have more pvp focused guilds than the imps and their pugs are usually pretty good. Impside, we have one large pvp guild and a few smaller ones. Our pugs aren't as good as the repub pugs, but lately they have been getting better.

As for RP, both factions seem to have a healthy RP community from what I have seen, although I do not RP myself.
PVE wise the repubs definitely have the advantage with guilds like DoA and ASB being amongst the top this server has to offer.
Referral Link for Free Server Transfer, 7 Days of Subscription, and more

JenseitsvonBose
03.22.2013 , 02:26 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by J_Fred View Post
PVE wise the repubs definitely have the advantage with guilds like DoA and ASB being amongst the top this server has to offer.
DL is also up there, with a highly-competitive raiding group, although they've been off-calendar lately.
Jenseitsvonbose | Gunsmoke | Mcroyal
Shortbus - Resident Tendon Blaster - "What's a CC?"

hulcalan
03.22.2013 , 02:29 AM | #5
Yeah PvP on our server is highly competitive i think ... pops are pretty good well into 3am Pst and lowbies can go all night on some nights
<Vicious><Shots Fired>
Herro-Kitteh Hello-KittehCheezeburger
Ghostface-killaNightcrawler

DarkIord
03.22.2013 , 04:12 AM | #6
Get out while you still can....
Dragon

PoliteAssasin
03.22.2013 , 05:06 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkIord View Post
Lol this made my day.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

stringcat
03.22.2013 , 08:52 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkIord View Post
Don't listen to him, he's just bitter his manka cats don't bite his opponents in PVP.

Plus, he, like, RAIDS.
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion

Desiirea
03.22.2013 , 09:35 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by stringcat View Post
Don't listen to him, he's just bitter his manka cats don't bite his opponents in PVP.

Plus, he, like, RAIDS.
AND WHAT IS WRONG WITH RAIDS!!!!!
.... shall we take this outside and handle this like ladies??? *gets another rock to the face ready*

:P
Desiirea, The Cookiegoddess Legacy - Seer Sage
You don't know the power of the Desi side
Server 1st Elite Warlord - Server 1st 16-man Infernal
Cookies4Ever

stringcat
03.22.2013 , 09:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Desiirea View Post
WHAT IS WRONG WITH RAIDS!!!!!
.... shall we take this outside and handle this like ladies??? *gets another rock to the face ready*

:P
You should be aware, however, that this lady throws rocks at people's faces, even though she's a healer, even though she claims to be your friend.
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion