Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DaRoamer
03.22.2013 , 01:05 AM | #611
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post
So should any and all subsequent vanity additions to the game come to us exclusively through the Cartel Market? Since it can be argued that subscribers can access this content with their "alotted" cash? And why should the game, proper, not include these options?

I hate Cartel Market exclusives. I love the option, but there should always be an in-game method. The CM should provide alternatives, not exclusive features.
There is an alternative, buying the items off the GTN. That is why that system was put in place. To answer your question, no, not all vanity items should be on the cartel market, and they're not. The Gree event items being a recent example.

Mowermanx
03.22.2013 , 01:05 AM | #612
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZak View Post
They. Dont. Charge. For. Changing. Hair.
Who said this game will either?

DarthZak
03.22.2013 , 01:06 AM | #613
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
And Im happy to announce that well be introducing several new features along the way, like a new customization feature, which will allow you to change your character's hair style, eye color, body type, or even species (including the upcoming Cathar!) using Cartel Coins. Look for it in early summer.
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

DaRoamer
03.22.2013 , 01:06 AM | #614
They. Dont. Charge. For. Changing. Hair.
They. Do. For. Changing. Other. Things.

Also, Guild Wars 2.

Aumeer
03.22.2013 , 01:06 AM | #615
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowermanx View Post
You appear to be lost.
Aumeer of Bloodfin

WRATH HQ|WRATH|WRATH Site

CelCawdro
03.22.2013 , 01:07 AM | #616
Quote: Originally Posted by DaRoamer View Post
There is an alternative, buying the items off the GTN. That is why that system was put in place. To answer your question, no, not all vanity items should be on the cartel market, and they're not. The Gree event items being a recent example.
All I'm saying is that the GTN nor the complimentary coins should ever be used as an excuse to allow the core game to starve. Precious little isn't earmarked for the CM, these days. It has become a focal point of the game because of justifications like these instead of a supplemental system.

DarthZak
03.22.2013 , 01:08 AM | #617
Quote: Originally Posted by DaRoamer View Post
They. Do. For. Changing. Other. Things.

Also, Guild Wars 2.
So? I want to change my hair.

Also, you can buy the things needed with in-game credits, already discussed and pointed out to you yourself.
Again, bring a valid argument but it seems youre incapable of doing so so Ill ignore you before I get myself another infraction for calling you names >_>
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

Vandicus
03.22.2013 , 01:08 AM | #618
Quote: Originally Posted by CelCawdro View Post

I hate Cartel Market exclusives. I love the option, but there should always be an in-game method. The CM should provide alternatives, not exclusive features.

You've made a unique point here I think. The CM hasn't really before offered an exclusive feature. This is mildly concerning to me. If, say, pazaak(I actaully prefer sabacc) or swoop racing are considered non-game impacting features, they could potentially be implemented through the CM. Though even if they did so, it would not be enough to make me quit, I would view such a decision very negatively.
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

DaRoamer
03.22.2013 , 01:09 AM | #619
So? I want to change my hair.

Also, you can buy the things needed with in-game credits, already discussed and pointed out to you yourself.
Again, bring a valid argument but it seems youre incapable of doing so so Ill ignore you before I get myself another infraction for calling you names >_>
Just like SWTOR.

Mowermanx
03.22.2013 , 01:09 AM | #620
Quote: Originally Posted by Aumeer View Post
You appear to be lost.
No, I'm not.
You do not know what it entails, the charging could well be for new styles, and what is currently in the character creator could be free.
People sprouting on for 63 pages on something they have no idea about because it doesn't exist yet would be my definition of lost.