Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So.. is this really happening?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So.. is this really happening?

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
03.21.2013 , 06:59 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Sohaim View Post
Please tell me which Flashpoint has been released since F2P launched, because i mostly do PVE content but if i am not mistaken the only NEW(its 11 months old) FP we got was Lost Island, no? or i have been blind this last 5 months since F2P and i have been missing these awesomes FPs that have come with F2P launch?
You do understand how they leapfrog the PvE and PvP content through the patching I am sure.

They popped ancient hypergate in 1.6 (which was for the PvPers who made similar lament and claims as you only with regard to being ignored on PvP from before F2P). Then they popped a new and recurring end game PvE Event in 1.7. to give the non flashpoint end game PvE crowd some love. If they follow pattern, the next large patch will include new Flashpoints as well so your love is coming.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us 田yborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
03.21.2013 , 07:02 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Brat-a-tat- View Post
I don't agree that people because they were fickle. I think people left because there was no communication from BW and they WERE NOT fixing anything.
This may be true for you, and for some... but not for eveyone.

No, the reality is that all modern MMOs, and even MMO expansion packs, get spike pop in populations, followed by serious (though almost predicable) significant decline in populations under a subscription model in the 6-9 months after launch. It has been true of every post-WoW release (even true for WoWs expansion releases). The player population has become much more nomadic... consuming and moving on, rather then waiting around for the consumed resources to refresh. Some see it as fickleness in the player base, and maybe it is. I see it as a genuine move by the player base from farmers/harvesters that set roots down in an MMO to nomadic hunter/gatherers who move across the vast planes of MMO marketplace.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us 田yborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

Brat-a-tat-'s Avatar


Brat-a-tat-
03.21.2013 , 07:04 PM | #53
Quote:
Sorry to break it to you... but your particular demographic is a minority in the global MMO gaming population. No MMO can be all things to all people. Sometimes a particular demographic will gravitate to a particular MMO, which is fine.

For this MMO the real draw is not raiding. It never will be. You are deluding yourself if you think it will, or hold out hope that it will. Now, if you love the SW IP and genre as your primary draw, and it's important to you... then you may over-look the fact that the game is not going to give you your leet raid fix. But if leet raid fix trumps all... you are destined to be upset with this game.

Happily, there are MMOs on the market to meet every need. It's why I play three different MMOs in fact. And I have to say, I never get bitter or disappointed about SWTOR precisely because I accept it on it's terms and if something I need is missing, I can get that particular thing in another MMO. There is no law that says we can only play one MMO to get our total needs fulfillment in MMO play. The market itself is a quality of life fulfiller overall for people that like to play MMOs and have particular play needs/wants.

No MMO is all things to all people. The people also bear a responsibility to know what they want/need and obtain it from what is available on the market. That may require playing multiple games (for many it actually does).
I would like to bring you back up to my comment that this game was not initially developed as a casual game, it has become that. The fact is the difficulty is here (ie. NiM mode) there is just no reward to doing it. So where is the motivation supposed to come from?

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
03.21.2013 , 07:05 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Brat-a-tat- View Post
I would like to bring you back up to my comment that this game was not initially developed as a casual game, it has become that. The fact is the difficulty is here (ie. NiM mode) there is just no reward to doing it. So where is the motivation supposed to come from?
Odd, because when I played it in beta and since launch.. it has always had a dominant casual characteristic about it. There is just enough hardcore content in the game to keep a hardcore PvEer happy for about 60 days. For PvPers it may be better given the human on human factor of PvP.

So... I disagree with your assessment.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us 田yborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

Sohaim's Avatar


Sohaim
03.21.2013 , 07:06 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
You do understand how they leapfrog the PvE and PvP content through the patching I am sure.

They popped ancient hypergate in 1.6 (which was for the PvPers who made similar lament and claims as you only with regard to being ignored on PvP from before F2P). Then they popped a new and recurring end game PvE Event in 1.7. to give the non flashpoint end game PvE crowd some love. If they follow pattern, the next large patch will include new Flashpoints as well so your love is coming.
Again, please tell me WHICH Flashpoints HAVE been released with the F2P, because YOU Stated that some were released to the Pve Whiners, so i ask you again and this time do not elaborate excuses, What Flashpoints(not Operations,Events or Warzones) have been released since F2P came out?

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
03.21.2013 , 07:07 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Sohaim View Post
Again, please tell me WHICH Flashpoints HAVE been released with the F2P, because YOU Stated that some were released to the Pve Whiners, so i ask you again and this time do not elaborate excuses, What Flashpoints(not Operations,Events or Warzones) have been released since F2P came out?
Re-read what I wrote. kay thanks.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us 田yborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
03.21.2013 , 07:09 PM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Re-read what I wrote. kay thanks.
Just to follow up on this Sohaim, if you want to get clinical about it... and it appears you do. Patch 1.5, concurrent with F2P

Quote:
逼ightmare Mode is now available for Operation: Explosive Conflict! Bosses in Nightmare Mode present a new level of challenge, new mechanics, and high-quality rewards (such as a new vehicle and Dread Guard set pieces)!
But more importantly... that leap frog rotation I highlighted.... your turn is around the corner.. oh patient one.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us 田yborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

Brat-a-tat-'s Avatar


Brat-a-tat-
03.21.2013 , 07:11 PM | #58
Quote:
If they follow pattern, the next large patch will include new Flashpoints as well so your love is coming.
Just to clarify for you, the new flashpoints are coming in the expansion and they are not NEW, its the same flashpoints that we have been playing since launch with a new difficulty mode. And before you say something about the ops, it is one instance with craft able end game gear and no significant reward or bragging rights for doing anything past Hard Mode.

Sohaim's Avatar


Sohaim
03.21.2013 , 07:12 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Re-read what I wrote. kay thanks.
i suggest you do that, but let me suggest you something else, instead of being a blind white knight to the point of lying about what kind of content was released just to prove your argument, go YOURSELF and read the patch notes and see what was released, dont go as far as pretending to be a smart guy, because you whole argument fell apart when you tried to fix you mistake witht that " leapfrogging content" instead of just admiting that you are mistaken and there was NO Flashpoints releaseds since Lost island, i dont care if you meant Operations or Events, you used Flashpoints as a exemple and there has been none since Lost Island which is 11 months old.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
03.21.2013 , 07:12 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Brat-a-tat- View Post
Just to clarify for you, the new flashpoints are coming in the expansion and they are not NEW, its the same flashpoints that we have been playing since launch with a new difficulty mode. And before you say something about the ops, it is one instance with craft able end game gear and no significant reward or bragging rights for doing anything past Hard Mode.
You know.. you can complain endlessly, or you can find something you actually enjoy. The choice is of course yours to make.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us 田yborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk