Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Orange gear not ment to have augment slots as long as set bonuses are bound to mods.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Orange gear not ment to have augment slots as long as set bonuses are bound to mods.

Repefe
12.21.2011 , 02:17 AM | #1
I took a smuggler chest piece of Rakata quality, which is supposed to be the top end game raid gear obtained from higher difficulties of operations. Its stats are :

Overall
116 end
112 cun
51 accu
48 crit

Mod
37 end
61 cunn
11 crit

Ench
24 end
51 accu
37 crit

What is left (Armoring)
55 end
51 cunn

---------------------------------------------------------------------

55 end 51 cunn is armoring that is definitelly in the game, it's called Advanced Patron Armoring 25.
Now IF set bonuses are bound to mods and not armor itself, orange gear with augment slot would be better than top gear which is nonsense. If however set bonuses are bound to armor, augment slot won't help and ppl will be forced to use purple instead of orange.

tl;dr
Right now it is likely that mods do carry set bonuses and orange gear is on par with raid drops without having an augment slot.
Killer: 53%, Socializer: 53%, Achiever: 47%, Explorer: 47%

Xermalk
12.21.2011 , 03:42 AM | #2
Except can you even remove armoring with set bonuses from raid loot? i thought they changed that so raid ger could not have the armoring removed?

Repefe
12.21.2011 , 03:51 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Except can you even remove armoring with set bonuses from raid loot? i thought they changed that so raid ger could not have the armoring removed?
No ... armoring you have to get by other means (cybertech will be one of the options). From the raid gear you can extract the mod and enhancement. What this all means is that the rusty old 3 slot orange chest you got at lvl 11 you will be able to keep for nightmare operation runs if you want. There won't be any 4 slot better orange piece.
Killer: 53%, Socializer: 53%, Achiever: 47%, Explorer: 47%

MareLooke
12.21.2011 , 06:13 AM | #4
I haven't actually seen any orange gear with augment slots ingame yet. But orange gear being equal to raid gear given the correct mods sounds right to me, it's the whole point of orange gear...
Alanya - Sorcerer [50]