Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP Sorc Gear/Stats Question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
PvP Sorc Gear/Stats Question

Tyumbra
03.20.2013 , 01:37 AM | #1
I quit this game a little over a year ago, and just started playing again yesterday. It's pretty evident that Sorcs are not nearly as represented today as they were when we were running around with Champ/BM gear.

Are we still prioritizing Expertise/Willpower/Power/Crit/Surge/Alac or have things changed? I've noticed that most of our set upgrades are pretty ******, at least as far as I was concerned a year ago.

So chiefly, what are we going for with our stats now? And I'm assuming the standard PvP builds are still hybrid specs? Doesn't look like they've done anything with our trees, but they ****ed with Overload (It's a cone now? Wat?)

psybernetic
03.20.2013 , 07:33 AM | #2
The stat priorities are as you think. WP soft cap is 1800 if I'm not mistaken, and there are debates as to whether to go full expertise or cap it at 1200.

Sorcs in pvp aren't near the top unless played very, very well these days.
Psychedelic ViolenceXCrime of Visual Shock
Spice must flow.
Vorbis voce Imperatoris loquitur.
Nocturnus sum.

SoonerJBD
03.20.2013 , 10:41 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by psybernetic View Post
The stat priorities are as you think. WP soft cap is 1800 if I'm not mistaken, and there are debates as to whether to go full expertise or cap it at 1200.

Sorcs in pvp aren't near the top unless played very, very well these days.
There is no cap, soft or otherwise, on willpower. There is a slight diminishing returns curve on the crit bonus you get from willpower, but it is very slight, and willpower is your best stat way beyond current gearing levels. There is no DR curve on bonus damage and healing from willpower.

psybernetic
03.21.2013 , 10:21 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by SoonerJBD View Post
There is no cap, soft or otherwise, on willpower. There is a slight diminishing returns curve on the crit bonus you get from willpower, but it is very slight, and willpower is your best stat way beyond current gearing levels. There is no DR curve on bonus damage and healing from willpower.
Thanks for clearing that up. I was trying to figure out augments a while back and people repeatedly said because of DR on the main stat at 1800 to use power. Now I'm aware that was bull.

So, yeah, ignore the DR part on WP, OP.
Psychedelic ViolenceXCrime of Visual Shock
Spice must flow.
Vorbis voce Imperatoris loquitur.
Nocturnus sum.

SoonerJBD
03.21.2013 , 03:44 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by psybernetic View Post
Thanks for clearing that up. I was trying to figure out augments a while back and people repeatedly said because of DR on the main stat at 1800 to use power. Now I'm aware that was bull.

So, yeah, ignore the DR part on WP, OP.
Yeah, it is a common problem, especially in general chat. For whatever reason, people get hung up on the fact that power gives more bonus damage point-for-point than willpower and don't understand that the added crit you get from main stat means it still gives you better DPS per point than power.

This only comes to play in augments, but it seems to come up in the forums quite a lot. Always augment main stat.