Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 9 Layers of SW:TOR PVP Hell

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The 9 Layers of SW:TOR PVP Hell

Burtlebe
03.21.2013 , 01:28 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
/necro!!!

This deserves to be read by more people. Maybe even sticky.
Enjoy the read everyone who hasn't before
Thanks for Necro, it was an awesome read.
Burtimus'prime Vanguard Tank
Guild Leader Army of the Republic / The Army of Darkness / The Unmentionables
The Shadowlands Server

sulsakan
03.21.2013 , 01:47 PM | #212
OMG this is just priceless...at first I LMAO so hard, but then I was sad when I remembered how true this is...I've been PVPing in MMOs for well over 10 years now and the nature of PVP (and the fun level) has changed dramatically, for the worse...it's no longer about the pure fun of it...and it mostly has to do with the change of emphasis from OWPVP to WZ-instanced PVP...but I won't go into a long schpeel about it...dont want to detract from the OP.

This should be stickied for sure!
Sulsa Kan

sulsakan
03.21.2013 , 01:52 PM | #213
Oh wow, I just realized this was posted over a year ago...and not much has changed at all. This makes me even sadder...
Sulsa Kan

gtangtan
03.21.2013 , 02:31 PM | #214
This was posted an year ago?? It's so funny cuz it's still true today...
Blading-Wind --- Leria --- Racing-rain---Beksers --- Cyanic-Scorch --- Crimson-Torch Asylum - The Harbinger
Blading-thunder --- Rulia --- Cloaked-Dagger

DariusCalera
03.21.2013 , 02:52 PM | #215
Quote: Originally Posted by gtangtan View Post
This was posted an year ago?? It's so funny cuz it's still true today...
FOTMers should be updated to be two smashers getting getting trounced by a dps merc/mando or dps sorc/sage.

Wraithwarr
03.21.2013 , 02:57 PM | #216
Very well written, friend! I got a great laugh out of it. Especially the premades in cookie-cutter specs squaring off. I just got out of a stalemate voidstar that fit that description like a glove!
Riistetyt Delekhan - Sorcerer of The Bastion
<Dark Aftermath>"I make things go squish"

shagadoodle
04.02.2013 , 09:37 AM | #217
Well said.

bright_ephemera
04.02.2013 , 10:22 AM | #218
This is the only thread that has tempted me into the PvP forums. Fantastic job, OP.
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

sauerkraut
04.02.2013 , 02:17 PM | #219
PvP is not for everybody, just like every other sport or activity. Some players are good, some players are bad. The only different is that MMO's have forums, where the bad players try to change the rules.

Elminster_cs
04.09.2013 , 08:20 PM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by sneroplex View Post
Ninth Layer (Ilum exploiters)

As we approached the final layer, I recognized the frozen wastes of Ilum… before I could do anything my FPS dropped down to 1 per second, and as I tried to turn away Virgil grabbed my arm and said, “Be strong! You mustn’t back out now, gaze upon those of the ninth layer, the most vile souls in all SW:TOR PVP!” I watched in horror as in the first frame 1000 Imperial Battlemasters suddenly rez’d in one spot, then the next frame showed a massive explosion that took up the whole screen covering everything we saw with numbers… we waited 5 more seconds before the next frame was revealed, all the Imperials lay dead in the same spot. “This is the layer for the Ilum exploiters, those who joined Ilum during the bugged patch and quickly gained Battlemaster rank without any work at all. They are forever doomed to 1 FPS or less and they are unable to log out, all they can do is revive only to lag more and be unable to activate any abilities and get nuked down. This is their fate for the rest of eternity.”
OLD BUT GOLD... very nice done XD
Member of Dread Master. The Red Eclipse Italian Guild.