Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game #3

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

nogoodtomedead
03.21.2013 , 02:00 PM | #231
Last spring I was definitely concerned about this game. It got really tough to want to log in and play. I wasn't enjoying the content, I was beginning to not enjoy the classes in the game. Upon the new direction that the game took I find myself enjoying the game more and more. I look forward to 2.0 and beyond. Keep working hard at this game and it will truly become remarkable.

I'm still hoping for a player bounty system and the ability to travel to some of the other planets like coruscant on my Bounty hunter.

Gommas
03.21.2013 , 02:01 PM | #232
Not sure if it is worth to be a subscriber anymore, it's all about CM now.

TUXs
03.21.2013 , 02:01 PM | #233
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I wanted to add some clarification to something that I am seeing mentioned quite a bit in this thread which is our 6 week cadence and Jeff’s mention of 8 weeks. Previously we said:

We should have been much clearer with what we meant by “or so”. Even back in November when this was in the first State of the Game blog, our goal has always been to bring updates out every 6-8 weeks (which is what we meant by 6 weeks or so). If you look at our release schedule over the past 6 months we have stuck pretty well to this cadence. Jeff mentioning 8 weeks is more to say that our aim is to always get content out to you folks as fast as we can, and our target is 8 weeks or sooner.

I just wanted to add that clarification and not have you guys think we have changed our development goals. The goal has, and still remains, every 6-8 weeks. I hope that clears things up!

-eric

I just wish he had mentioned 6-weeks Eric. I don't doubt you, but even you say that the new target is 8-weeks (or sooner™), which leads me to expect 8-10-weelks as the norm.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Tatile
03.21.2013 , 02:02 PM | #234
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I just wish he had mentioned 6-weeks Eric. I don't doubt you, but even you say that the new target is 8-weeks (or sooner™), which leads me to expect 8-10-weelks as the norm.
So, three months then?

Seems, unfortunately, normal.

Myeh-Myeh
03.21.2013 , 02:04 PM | #235
I'm glad to know things are going well. The barbershop option is nice, although I must admit in a way being able to switch your character's species sounds a little creepy. Lol
What a crazy random happenstance!

lineinfantry
03.21.2013 , 02:04 PM | #236
"And I’m happy to announce that we’ll be introducing several new features along the way, like a new customization feature, which will allow you to change your character's hair style, eye color, body type, or even species (including the upcoming Cathar!)....

wait for it!

....using Cartel Coins!"

dunno why but i lol'd hard

LordHartigan
03.21.2013 , 02:07 PM | #237
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
So, three months then?

Seems, unfortunately, normal.
I don't understand the complaint on this. Name one other MMO that consistently offers new content at that rate or faster.

Jonoku
03.21.2013 , 02:08 PM | #238
Quote: Originally Posted by lineinfantry View Post
"And I’m happy to announce that we’ll be introducing several new features along the way, like a new customization feature, which will allow you to change your character's hair style, eye color, body type, or even species (including the upcoming Cathar!)....

wait for it!

....using Cartel Coins!"

dunno why but i lol'd hard
Tell me why you'd need to change your character's look like 50 times in a month. I don't see a problem in CC because you get monthly grants. Stick with what look you want after you get to change it.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

dsapp
03.21.2013 , 02:13 PM | #239
Quote: Originally Posted by LordHartigan View Post
While I'm excited for a lot of the stuff coming. Story I think has been the most lacking content. Over a year in and Makeb is the first true advancement of class stories. You don't necessarily need to raise the level cap to do that even. It would be nice to see the class stories progress a bit faster.
Actually, it isn't. There is no individual class stories here. It's just another planet with another planetary story arc. Your class story will remain at Chapter 3, even though they're referring to the story content in this "expansion" as Chapter 4.

dsapp
03.21.2013 , 02:19 PM | #240
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
Tell me why you'd need to change your character's look like 50 times in a month. I don't see a problem in CC because you get monthly grants. Stick with what look you want after you get to change it.
Because nobody likes to change hairstyles, right? If only we could all be as vanilla as you.

Barber shop for CC is another way of Bioware saying "Give us MOAR money". Being a subscriber is a rip-off. If you really want the truth, this "F2P" model should be run like this. What Preferred currently get should be what F2P players get. What Subscribers currently get should be what Preferred players get. And what the whales on the Cartel Market receive should be what subscribers get. Instead the motto over at Bioware is "Monetize Everything". It kind of reminds me of the movie "Moving" with Richard Pryor where he's going through the house and the sellers keep telling him jokingly, "We're taking that with us" when referring to the pool, refrigerator, etc. Then when he finally gets to the house, the pool, refrigerator, and everything else they joked they were taking is gone. You'd like to think that this model and the way they're going about things are a joke, but it's not. It's the sad truth. Don't worry folks, P2W will be in your local Cartel Market shortly.