Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game #3

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DAMossimo
03.21.2013 , 01:44 PM | #221
Meh.

Nothing of interest here to me. Pretty uninspiring overall IMO.
If it's cheap & not too technically challenging, it's
E A / B I O W A R E

Get in the game! Please!?

TasDarkmatter
03.21.2013 , 01:49 PM | #222
Not sure if this has been mentioned. The Cartel packs, would be better (at least for me) to have a set type (theme) of items, not random from a pool of different things, and this be a discounted price than if each items was sold separate. I would rather spend money on few things I want, and not on the hope of getting it along with stuff I don't want..

As far as content, endgame is a big issue with some, however along with that, creating more early game content, side guest etc. would create more replay options. Create "type" only quest, these would only be active for a class, race, sex and even level. Also the same quest giver may give out different quest based on the same, This may be an issue for groups, unless it is triggered by the leader of the group.

Kilikaa
03.21.2013 , 01:50 PM | #223
Are you ever going to expand on the character creation (and barber shop) by giving us more choices for hair, more scars, FULL FACIAL feature adjustment sliders? Are you ever going to five us adjustment sliders for the bodies so we can actually make our characters look the way we want? Will you ever do the right thing and separate Zabrak head bone formations from hair and Twi'lek lekku markings from cosmetic so players can choose the hair/head bone style or marking design/color they want?

A shop sounds nice, but if it is just the same thing as you currently have in character creation then you may as well not even bother because it would be a waste of time, money and resources. The Mass Effect 3 demo gave you many more facial options in it's creation system than TOR does. A DEMO WAS BETTER! The current system is stupidly limited and need to be greatly expanded.

Luniara
03.21.2013 , 01:52 PM | #224
Definitely looking forward to the barbershop! New colors and hairstyles (LONG HAIR) please!
Luniara Solborne | Sith Marauder
Penumbral, Jung Ma Server
Website | Join Us
DeviantART | Character Wiki

Master-A
03.21.2013 , 01:53 PM | #225
So wait will I have to pay cartel coins for a change of eye color? I hope its very cheap or I wont pay 300 CC just to change one of my chars eye color from darkbrown to lightbrown!
The Progenitor

SWGOKrenEmp
03.21.2013 , 01:53 PM | #226
Throughout this year and granted we are only three months in I am finding that SWTOR has improved quite a lot. There are more players around on the servers, easy to join groups, an improvement in the PVP content and now with the upcoming 'Rise of the Hutt Cartell' another five levels to gain, different gear and the new bolster feature.

All-in-all it has been an improved game since when it first started. People still have concerns and rightly and that is what the forums are here for so that the developers can look at the content and make changes if possible. I doubt that Bioware will please everyone all of the time with changes but they are certainly trying in my opinion to keep the game afloat as best they can.

I would like to see the game not crashing to the desktop every 2 hours as this is a real pain especially if you are mid way through a flashpoint or in PVP.

If people really are that upset with the game and dislike what it is then why be here and waste time with bad feedback? If you have an issue, post a solution, express yourself but if it is that bad then pick another game and be happier there, it's really that simple.

I'm hoping the content will continue to improve, we have more planets coming on-board and perhaps on the existing planets and opening-up of other areas to explore. In terms of PVP content it would be far better if the re-spawn times were reduced as this interrupts the game flow. I'd also like to see PVP space combat between the empire and the republic, the capturing and/or the destroying of capital ships etc. It would be good to see warzones on Korriban /Coruscant etc. I doubt the PVP will ever reach the fast paced action of a FPS but that's the trade-off with MMO's I've found.

An improvement in crafting skills and what you can craft would be good (below and above level 50), better spaceship combat and space exploration and farming resources from asteroids might add something new to the GTN. Having an ability to add more points into a skill could make the character more proficient or devastating in say sabre combat, healing etc.

I hope over this next year Bioware content to improve the game.

WaldoA
03.21.2013 , 01:53 PM | #227
Finally a recustomization service.. only been asking for months.

Jonoku
03.21.2013 , 01:53 PM | #228
Quote: Originally Posted by Luniara View Post
Definitely looking forward to the barbershop! New colors and hairstyles (LONG HAIR) please!
I want long hair on my zabrak besides the one we have, WTB long hair like Qui-Gon Jinn on my zabrak.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

LordHartigan
03.21.2013 , 01:55 PM | #229
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
When can we expect new story content outside of "expansions" then?
While I'm excited for a lot of the stuff coming. Story I think has been the most lacking content. Over a year in and Makeb is the first true advancement of class stories. You don't necessarily need to raise the level cap to do that even. It would be nice to see the class stories progress a bit faster.

Iggster
03.21.2013 , 01:59 PM | #230
I'm disappointed, but not surprised, that the barber shop feature will be on the Cartel Market.

I wonder if it will be separated in changing specific, such as just hair, race etc. or will it be a one time buy to change everything. The latter will suck of you just want to change your characters hair.