Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tachenko_Yuri
03.21.2013 , 01:34 PM | #171
starting this S***storm to cover up the other one. Clever boys.

chuixupu
03.21.2013 , 01:35 PM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Tachenko_Yuri View Post
starting this S***storm to cover up the other one. Clever boys.
Except this one started first, months ago, people just forgot or weren't paying attention.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

OmenQ
03.21.2013 , 01:43 PM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by Urael View Post
Agreed for the most part. However, Blackavaar has pointed out that the CM market has impacted Crafters and has written extensively on this elsewhere. I am not a crafter or a GTN broker but, I can not help but think from a reasoned point of view that if there is an "outside competitor" (e.g. the CM Store) that even if it sells "similar items" and not items that are of better value, there would be a chance that the "in game" market would be affected. Blackavaar said his revenue stream via crafting shells went down when the CM store hit. I will take him at his word. If all is as he said and reason holds out one can pretty much see that the CM Store (the outside revenue stream) could have ( and may in fact already have ) an effect on the in game market for crafters.
Since you're not a crafter or a GTN broker, you have no arguement.
I am both. I've made far more credits since the Cartel Market launched than I ever did before. All I did was change what segment of the market I focused on. I now sell stims, medpacks, armorings, mods, and enhancements all at a very rapid pace. The "competition" from planetary comm vendors is negligible. The fact that there's so much adaptable, modifiable armor now available to the players has increased the demand for armor mods beyond what I can supply.
I'm literally swimming in credits, thanks to the Cartel market.
Squadron 157

<Your Companion> / <Unhinged>

EricMusco
03.21.2013 , 01:50 PM | #174 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I wanted to pop in and address some of your concerns about our barbershop and its use of Cartel Coins and not credits. There are a couple of design implications that go into these decisions I wanted to highlight in the hopes that it makes our decision in this regard a bit clearer.
  • We very consciously design these systems around the fact that subscribers get monthly Cartel Coin grants. Pricing, etc. has these monthly grants in mind to ensure that our subscribers have access to these systems.
  • We want to set the expectation that cosmetic systems like these are where you are going to see us use the Cartel Market. It is our continued philosophy that we will not implement a form of pay to win so cosmetic systems and other non-game impacting features are our best opportunities to make additions to the Cartel Market.
As we continue to release more information about our barbershop please continue to give us your feedback.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

DarthTHC
03.21.2013 , 01:52 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I wanted to pop in and address some of your concerns about our barbershop and its use of Cartel Coins and not credits. There are a couple of design implications that go into these decisions I wanted to highlight in the hopes that it makes our decision in this regard a bit clearer.
  • We very consciously design these systems around the fact that subscribers get monthly Cartel Coin grants. Pricing, etc. has these monthly grants in mind to ensure that our subscribers have access to these systems.
  • We want to set the expectation that cosmetic systems like these are where you are going to see us use the Cartel Market. It is our continued philosophy that we will not implement a form of pay to win so cosmetic systems and other non-game impacting features are our best opportunities to make additions to the Cartel Market.
As we continue to release more information about our barbershop please continue to give us your feedback.

-eric
Except the cartel market isn't 100% "purely" cosmetic, is it? Or with this statement, are you indicating that you will be removing everything that is not purely 100% cosmetic from the cartel market?
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Urael
03.21.2013 , 01:54 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by OmenQ View Post
Since you're not a crafter or a GTN broker, you have no arguement.
I am both. I've made far more credits since the Cartel Market launched than I ever did before. All I did was change what segment of the market I focused on. I now sell stims, medpacks, armorings, mods, and enhancements all at a very rapid pace. The "competition" from planetary comm vendors is negligible. The fact that there's so much adaptable, modifiable armor now available to the players has increased the demand for armor mods beyond what I can supply.
I'm literally swimming in credits, thanks to the Cartel market.
Then you present a counterview to Blackavaar. I still believe him at his word. And you can NOT negate my opinion by de facto saying I have no arguement because I admit to being neither a broker or a crafter. I can still way in based on reason. Something that many forget in these forums. I wasn't arguing for or against just positing imperiacl observation based on what I have seen reported in this thread. If you had not started your post with the statement that you did, it would have come of as a nice counterpoint instead of being defensive.

metaIsaber
03.21.2013 , 01:55 PM | #177

-eric
Can we can any "specifics"? Is each customization (hair, eyes, bodytype..etc) it's own separate purchase? Is the purchase a 1 time only or is it a character/legacy unlock? I know it's early, but still any more details you are looking at would be appreciated.

MisterMuse
03.21.2013 , 01:55 PM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
Except the cartel market isn't 100% "purely" cosmetic, is it? Or with this statement, are you indicating that you will be removing everything that is not purely 100% cosmetic from the cartel market?
You miss the "non-game impacting features" part of the post?

Urael
03.21.2013 , 01:57 PM | #179

-eric
This is spin Eric. The CM stipend was billed as a "loyalty reward" for subscribers. Now it is being used to fund things that should be part of the subscription instead of giving subscribers complete control over said stipend. You are now basically supporting a bait and switch. Instead of doing that if you are going to take our CM stipend back in the form of nickle and diming us for features, why not just simply do away with the stipend and give all the future features as part of the price of the subscription.

DarthTHC
03.21.2013 , 01:58 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by MisterMuse View Post
You miss the "non-game impacting features" part of the post?
That's an interesting clause, yes. Wouldn't it be fun to see their definition of "game impacting" and "pay to win"?
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer