Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game #3

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dsapp
03.21.2013 , 01:28 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by Deathen_Shada View Post
As a subber I'm becoming very dissapointed with where your guys are going to with the cartel market. I played this game called Perfect World International and it was a f2p cash shop game. They drained so much money from the players for crap like fashion, packs etc. Now swtor is bringing all this cash shop stuff which would be ok if it was a f2p game. But I'm a subber why the hell should I be forced to access this stuff by purchases from the cash shop? What the hell is the point then in being a subber?
To not be bombarded by constant reminders that you're not a subscriber? Oh, and also to access all the things that normal F2P games already give their F2P players, like unlimited Operations and WZs. You know. Access to the game.

KharonKleoni
03.21.2013 , 01:28 PM | #212
Quote:
And I’m happy to announce that we’ll be introducing several new features along the way, like a new customization feature, which will allow you to change your character's hair style, eye color, body type, or even species (including the upcoming Cathar!) using Cartel Coins. Look for it in early summer.
Best news in a long time!

One thing would top it though, guild ship!

Nylira
03.21.2013 , 01:29 PM | #213

Wow so the focus is on MORE cartel market developments. The whole development reeks of trying to milk the game as much as they can get before it dies. Cartel markets flood everything these days. Can't make any more money crafting because its a thousand times cheaper on GTN due to the infernal cartel market. How about making content for the actual paying players of the game.

Cathar should be part of the regular content; not cartel market unlockable. Dropping a nightmare difficulty on us with a few new mechanics does not count as new content when a player has been camping a few months there already, I am slowly seeing the same trend when as when Sony started the SW Galaxies death spiral. I do hope I am wrong. and the major content every 6 weeks comes back. Ya know instead of the 'new cartel crap every 2-4 weeks'.

Yes I love the game.. I have 10 level 50's before. Hoping this MMO is gonna stay but heck I am beginning to dout it.
Wasure wa shinai Kimi no koto wa
Kogoete yoru o Tada hitori iki

NSStember
03.21.2013 , 01:30 PM | #214
I'm glad to finally hear the word "Cathar" from a Dev again, but I was hoping for this Spring, not "early Summer". But at least it's back on the radar.

The Barber Shop will be a nice addition as well, but it does seem that 90% of this game has become "Cartel Market Controlled". It's like being in an "amusement park"....exciting and enjoyable....but a money sink

Jonoku
03.21.2013 , 01:34 PM | #215
Plastic Surgery and Barber Shop confirmed woot! lmao

In all seriousness tho, I'm excited about this new feature, I could change my female human to a female zabrak! Thanks all!
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Deathen_Shada
03.21.2013 , 01:36 PM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by dsapp View Post
To not be bombarded by constant reminders that you're not a subscriber? Oh, and also to access all the things that normal F2P games already give their F2P players, like unlimited Operations and WZs. You know. Access to the game.
Here lemme edit your post.. Right so access to game as a subber means content which means I should get free barber shop. Why would i have to pay extra? Not like its a vanity item. They're crossing the line with this.

cashogy_reborn
03.21.2013 , 01:38 PM | #217
Quote: Originally Posted by Deathen_Shada View Post
Here lemme edit your post.. Right so access to game as a subber means content which means I should get free barber shop. Why would i have to pay extra? Not like its a vanity item. They're crossing the line with this.
agreed. a straight up species change should be a cartel market item, but changing hair style/eye color/skin color/etc should be bought w/ in game credits.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

EricMusco
03.21.2013 , 01:40 PM | #218 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

I wanted to add some clarification to something that I am seeing mentioned quite a bit in this thread which is our 6 week cadence and Jeff’s mention of 8 weeks. Previously we said:

Quote:
“Free-to-Play goes live this Fall, and we are dedicated to getting Game Updates out to you every 6 weeks or so. “
We should have been much clearer with what we meant by “or so”. Even back in November when this was in the first State of the Game blog, our goal has always been to bring updates out every 6-8 weeks (which is what we meant by 6 weeks or so). If you look at our release schedule over the past 6 months we have stuck pretty well to this cadence. Jeff mentioning 8 weeks is more to say that our aim is to always get content out to you folks as fast as we can, and our target is 8 weeks or sooner.

I just wanted to add that clarification and not have you guys think we have changed our development goals. The goal has, and still remains, every 6-8 weeks. I hope that clears things up!

-eric

Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Lent_San
03.21.2013 , 01:43 PM | #219
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,
I wanted to add some clarification to something that I am seeing mentioned quite a bit in this thread which is our 6 week cadence and Jeff’s mention of 8 weeks. Previously we said:
We should have been much clearer with what we meant by “or so”. Even back in November when this was in the first State of the Game blog, our goal has always been to bring updates out every 6-8 weeks (which is what we meant by 6 weeks or so). If you look at our release schedule over the past 6 months we have stuck pretty well to this cadence. Jeff mentioning 8 weeks is more to say that our aim is to always get content out to you folks as fast as we can, and our target is 8 weeks or sooner.
I just wanted to add that clarification and not have you guys think we have changed our development goals. The goal has, and still remains, every 6-8 weeks. I hope that clears things up!
-eric
When can we expect new story content outside of "expansions" then?

NSStember
03.21.2013 , 01:43 PM | #220
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
It actually does, thank you