Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

error when clicking setup?

GalaticEmpire
12.13.2011 , 07:41 AM | #1
ok.. well this is annoying me now.. you see I get this error.... when I click setup for the game the install box pops up but instantly this error gets in the way and when you press ok.. it just closes.. here's a picture so you understand me better.

hope you guys can help me out, I have an issue installing on this computer? after I click the SWTOR_setup.... it just comes up an error...

http://i42.tinypic.com/169fdp4.jpg (image of error)

weird thing is for a test I done it on my dads computer and it was going to install but I want it on my 8GB RAM gaming computer.. soooo if anyone has an idea. it would help me out alot

I've ran as admin, set the programme to run as admin, yes I even disabled my AV just incase, contacted support they got back to be few times and all they seem to say is... run as admin allow as admin, blah blah...I've tried to transfer the game from my dads computer but the file is way to big! and would much rather get it working on mine... also it doesn't allow me to change location as soon as I click set up the error gets in the way.. so I can't even ins

Packetdancer
12.13.2011 , 08:03 AM | #2
Make sure to update the installed copy of Java on your affected machine.

(This is just a wild guess, I admit; I know the installer/launcher uses Java, that CS droids have suggested updating Java in previous beta phases, and... well, that error looks like Java mangled the class path somehow in such a way that the installer's confused. So updating/reinstalling Java would be probably my first troubleshooting step.)
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris) / Random CS Forum Participant
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

docTOR: SWTOR Launcher Troubleshooting Guide

GalaticEmpire
12.13.2011 , 08:09 AM | #3
thanks, I did try that last night, and it didn't help, at least you had a different idea than.. "run as admin"

Packetdancer
12.13.2011 , 11:30 AM | #4
Now that I went back to bed, woke up, got some coffee and can think normally...

I'm still pretty sure something's wonky in java there, since it looks like it's trying to install new files into the classpath (and failing miserably).

Time for Wild Guess #2...

The text in that screenshot is awfully large. Are you running with a higher DPI / magnification setting on? I can't imagine it would break the *setup* tool, but it does break the launcher and the game to do that, so... can't hurt to try. If you're on Windows 7, which it appears you are, go to Control Panel, Display, and check if you have the 'Make it easier to read what's on your screen' set to something other than 100%.
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris) / Random CS Forum Participant
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

docTOR: SWTOR Launcher Troubleshooting Guide

GalaticEmpire
12.13.2011 , 02:06 PM | #5
meh. I don't think that is the issue, cause it's with installing the game.. and it seems to install on my dads computer fine.. he has a bigger screen I have 24" he has 27"