Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

shefflad
03.21.2013 , 12:13 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Wodaz View Post
Pay through the CM with free CC's?!? How is this any different then using credits?!?
You would not get the CC if you did not pay your $15 a month though.

Infernixx
03.21.2013 , 12:14 PM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
What free CCs? What the freak are you talking about?
Subscribers get 500cc per month, with CE and Security Key holders getting more than that.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Andryah
03.21.2013 , 12:14 PM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by shefflad View Post
But you have to pay real money to get them either by a sub or payment for a pack. In-game credits are free from selling junk /mission rewards
Actually, no. I am going to pay my sub to play this MMO regardless of the CM. Why? Because I enjoy the game a lot.

So actually... for me... the free cartel coins each month are better then in game credits because I don't have to expend any incremental effort to obtain them.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Wodaz
03.21.2013 , 12:16 PM | #124
But you have to pay real money to get them either by a sub or payment for a pack. In-game credits are free from selling junk /mission rewards
Hmmm...really because when I first started playing this game for $15 it didn't include 600 free CC's?!?

You still pay $15 a month for your credits too.
"Wodaz here! I'm all about havin' fun. You know, get a couple cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take my pants off. Anyway, I kinda known for my catch phrase WHAMMY!!!!!"

jankiel
03.21.2013 , 12:17 PM | #125
While I support paying money for all the new CM stuff this seems to be a step to far. Really? Real life money for a barber shop

I already pay a subscription and this is a very basic function that people wanted from day 1, having me to pay again is dumb
Coris of The Progenitor

Wodaz
03.21.2013 , 12:18 PM | #126
You would not the CC if you did not pay your $15 a month though.
So it's the f2p people wanting more for free?!? Lol!
"Wodaz here! I'm all about havin' fun. You know, get a couple cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take my pants off. Anyway, I kinda known for my catch phrase WHAMMY!!!!!"

Philastra
03.21.2013 , 12:19 PM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Wodaz View Post
So it's the f2p people wanting more for free?!? Lol!
Only subs can post in forums....
It only takes one candle to scare away the dark, or just hire a Bounty Hunter....

Infernixx
03.21.2013 , 12:19 PM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by jankiel View Post
While I support paying money for all the new CM stuff this seems to be a step to far. Really? Real life money for a barber shop

I already pay a subscription and this is a very basic function that people wanted from day 1, having me to pay again is dumb
Chances are, you'll be able to purchase it with credits, just like every other legacy unlock.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Infernixx nailed it. This is correct.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
There is no excuse for any single use item to ever cost more than a month's subscription. Anyone who pays $10 or $20 for a single use item is hastening the death of TOR and feeding the rise of TOR:The Cash Shop Menace.

Wodaz
03.21.2013 , 12:20 PM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by jankiel View Post

What are you paying for if you're a sub?!? You're using your free CC's, not real money.

Lung_Tien_Lien
03.21.2013 , 12:20 PM | #130
Hmmm, this I'm actually all right with. Of course I would prefer to have the option available for credits, but I'm okay with it. It's straightforward and I think many mentioned being willing to pay real money for that option. Though I am happy with what my characters look like, I'd be willing to pay for this as well.

I do hope the price won't be outrageous, though.