Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Disappointed about so-called "New In Game Barber-Shop"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

shefflad
03.21.2013 , 12:09 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Obviously you haven't actually paid WoW...as I just said in the last post, everything change *except* hair style and color change costs real money. Race change, gender change, faction change, skin color change, face change in most cases (some races have an extra button like horn/jewelry change that you can use in the barber shop). Poor blood elves all pretty much look identical except for hair, anyway.
But if you just want to change your hair style i don't think this should be charged for. Les hope there are some things free other wise this will end up like the reputation issue.

Vember
03.21.2013 , 12:09 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Obviously you haven't actually played WoW...as I just said in the last post, everything change *except* hair style and color change costs real money.
That's what a barbershop does. Every sub game I've ever played, even ones with cash shop, gave this option for ingame currency, to name a few:

WoW
Rift
Lotro
EQ2

I'm all for the CM and I even agree with charging for the races, but for the barbershop? No, not at all. That's a standard feature.

chuixupu
03.21.2013 , 12:10 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Which is what we don't get for in-game currency in SWTOR but have to pay for through the CM. And it sucks.
Without actually seeing how it's set up, I'm not going to complain about it yet. If I can buy the unlock for 15k credits whenever, or even if it's just 15 cc's, then it's fine. If I had to pay a one time larger fee and it was accessible forever, also fine. If any time I wanted to get a hair cut it cost me 300 CCs, then not fine.

Quote: Originally Posted by shefflad View Post
But if you just want to change your hair style i don't think this should be charged for. Les hope there are some things free other wise this will end up like the reputation issue.
I hope something as simple as a hair change would be bare minimum effort at the very least. They should be considering carefully how to balance it. I've expected this to be cartel market thing since the game went F2P. But so far they've not always been really smart about how they implement things.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

SWGEvictee
03.21.2013 , 12:11 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Wodaz View Post
Ummm...cartel coins are still in-game currency just like credits.
How do you figure that?

shefflad
03.21.2013 , 12:11 PM | #115
Ummm...cartel coins are still in-game currency just like credits.
But you have to pay real money to get them either by a sub or payment for a pack. In-game credits are free from selling junk /mission rewards

Wodaz
03.21.2013 , 12:12 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Which is what we don't get for in-game currency in SWTOR but have to pay for through the CM. And it sucks.
Pay through the CM with free CC's?!? How is this any different then using credits?!?
"Wodaz here! I'm all about havin' fun. You know, get a couple cocktails in me, start a fire in someone's kitchen. Maybe go to SeaWorld, take my pants off. Anyway, I kinda known for my catch phrase WHAMMY!!!!!"

Andryah
03.21.2013 , 12:12 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Essence_of_Light View Post
Like the title says I'm a little disappointed about the new sort-of "ingame barber shop". There are several reasons why but first I'm going to put the quote from the "State of the Game #3" here.

While I first read it I was like "Great! That is awesome!" But then I took a closer look. "...using Cartel Coins." To me this seems like too much. But first lets talk about the species change. To me that shouldn't happen because it isn't "realistic" but I found that it could be ok. The other things like hair, body, and eye color was all fine. But why with CC? This game is turning into "Your a sub but you have to pay MORE real money for basic features like a barber shop!" I could understand the species thing being in the CM, but ALL of the barber shop?! That is going too far. What next? Having to pay money for certain class abilities in the CM? Whether you think so or not barber shops ARE basic features. Personally I think they should've been ingame since launch. But why do we, the players, have to pay MORE money to you for a basic feature?

I think that they should change this before they release it. BW should either take out species changing or leave it in the CM... BUT make the rest of the "Barber Shop" not cost CC. Make it ingame currency. If they don't I'm not sure how much more I can take.
So... what are you doing with all your free coins from your months of subscription?

Personally, I am saving them....just for things like this.

Protip: save for the future. It works well in real life, and it works well in virtual games.
The MMO player would do well to embrace the nature of reality: Everything is relative, a projection based upon a malleable set of universal laws. Reality is an elastic process in which our individual choices play an active role.

SteelPiranha
03.21.2013 , 12:13 PM | #118
How do race changes affect race bonuses at Level 50?

Example: Say I'm a Level 50 Human that pays to race change to a Cyborg, do I get to unlock all the extra cybernetics for that character and for all of my future characters? Will that get rid of my +presence legacy perk? Will that cause all my characters on my legacy to lose their +presence legacy bonus?

Just a thought.

Alec_Fortescue
03.21.2013 , 12:13 PM | #119
Well, it would be reasonable if the barber shop in the game charged in-game credits and allowed to change tan, body size, hair and complexion and scars. Total recostumization involving race and gender could be paid for.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Traditional Jedi robes please! And then I am gone from general discussion. Promise! :]
Devs, it can't get any more iconic and traditional than this: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg

Spends 2000 euro on a gaming rig exclusively for TOR to be riddled by graphical issues in TOR. Loving it.

Lent_San
03.21.2013 , 12:13 PM | #120
Pay through the CM with free CC's?!? How is this any different then using credits?!?
What free CCs? What the freak are you talking about?