Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game #3

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Slugamaniac
03.21.2013 , 11:56 AM | #171
Likes - 2 million + accounts, I like.
Dislikes - now were are at an 8 week distribution vs. a 6 week distribution for new content? That was a rather 'subtle' change. Funneling the cathar through the cartel market and not giving it to subscribers is also pretty lame.

As far as people leaving the game, that's easy: no new endgame content (i.e Raids). I have seen several high-end guilds on my server go belly up recently and that's a real bummer. And no, running NiM EC for 4+ months is NOT new. Someone asked me a couple weeks ago: "Do you like running EC?" My honest answer was: "At first." So how do you make this "new" content (NiM EC) last? Simple: if you are EW/BW you deliberately over tune the instance to the point of absurdity so that once most guilds finally clear NiM Kephess they have zero desire to go back and do it again, even if the instance is now technically on 'farm' status.

Sadly, now that the cartel market is making that much more money for the company I doubt they will put any real effort into new and meaningful content. x 1000
The Last Centurions - The Madhi Legacy - The Harbinger
Slugfest Slugtrooper Slugconsular Slackfest Slugshadow Slugfeast
Slugagent Slugwarrior Slughunter Slugsorcerer Slugassassin Slackmeister

Darth_Haderach
03.21.2013 , 11:56 AM | #172
Honesty and positivism, Mr. Hickman has my full respect. Keep up the good work, we are with you!
ALSO, WHERE IS THERON?

Polymerize
03.21.2013 , 11:56 AM | #173
Uh, hello.

I want my *********** character transfer option. Not this dumb **** of an update.

Apparently SWTOR has enough idiots to appeal to so they get away with this kind of garbage instead of really improving the state of their game.

Dregamoore
03.21.2013 , 11:56 AM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by LordHartigan View Post
yeah, cause gamers should just get to play anything and everything a company produces for nothing.
im not saying that what im saying is dont try and tkae more and more and more money but give us little to nothing back ur already taking my sub money what else do u need

ShiHuangdi
03.21.2013 , 11:57 AM | #175
I'm very excited about the barbershop. My first character has been wearing a hood for a long time now because I don't like her hairstyle, so it'll be nice to change it.

Bioware has done a great job with this game.

sandisrd
03.21.2013 , 11:57 AM | #176
Hi,

Thank you very much for your dedication to make TOR incredible as it is already, I never doubt any of you and don't let those haters ruin your day.

Best regards!.
Collector's edition owner
''I do not believe in the false stories of the evils of the Sith Empire, they're nothing compared to the oppression and stagnation that the Republic represents at it's core!''

terzappi
03.21.2013 , 12:00 PM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by BerinLearth View Post
He said a whole lot of nothing. Playable content seems to be a secondary focus at this point. Post-Makeb production will focus on quality of life? Have you ever seen how quickly MMO players consume content? The production should focus on additional content AND quality of life.

You're adding a barbershop feature to the game, but gating it through the Cartel Market. Why shouldn't players be able to change their appearance using in-game credits? I understand charging for a racial change.

Pretty uninspired state of the game address. Take some passion in what you guys do, or has EA beaten the creativity out of you?
I totally agree.

And... from 6 weeks to 8 ? lol

Divona
03.21.2013 , 12:04 PM | #178
And Im happy to announce that well be introducing several new features along the way, like a new customization feature, which will allow you to change your character's hair style, eye color, body type, or even species (including the upcoming Cathar!) using Cartel Coins. Look for it in early summer.

Cartel market is doing well and will do even better in future. To me it feels like i know every move now Bioware will pull from their sleeves. Ah i guess i have seen f2p model similar like this before i know where it heads
The Division Dev:
I will say this. Video games have a business side as well as the creative side. This is necessary to function and only time will tell what the future of the game is.

Dregamoore
03.21.2013 , 12:04 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by terzappi View Post
I totally agree.

And... from 6 weeks to 8 ? lol
i know funny as all hell cant even keep the simplest of promises

cashogy_reborn
03.21.2013 , 12:04 PM | #180
8 week content cadence? pretty sure you guys have said in the past 6 weeks, why the sudden change?

also, the only "new" bit of info here was the account # estimate. which is great, but we already know cuz the servers are more populated.

no mention of content or bug fixes or the current direction of the game
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads