Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game #3

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TUXs
03.21.2013 , 10:15 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Lent_San View Post
Coming to your Cartel Market soon....

Seriously, this game revolves around the CM atm
Yeah...you gotta love a "State of the Game" update where the only thing worth mentioning (advertising) to the playerbase, is an upcoming Cartel Market purchase...
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Lent_San
03.21.2013 , 10:16 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Yeah...you gotta love a "State of the Game" update where the only thing worth mentioning (advertising) to the playerbase, is an upcoming Cartel Market purchase...
I hear you.

rykiana-ferina
03.21.2013 , 10:18 AM | #103
I wonder how many of the devs are going to sit there, read all this then think quietly to themselves

"Iv'e got a bad feeling about this"

Jedi Covenant
Veronna | level 50 | Jedi Sentinal - Watchman
Tisa | level 50 | Gunslinger - Sharpshooter

LtGeneralGezlin
03.21.2013 , 10:18 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
It's not like it really matters, I just knew that when they said 6-8, we could expect it in 8. I just don't want 8 to become 10 now that 8 seems to be the new goal...not even mentioning 6 any longer...
I agree. I would hate for that to happen. But, they have been able to stick with their goal so far. (Other then around Christmas, but that was expected.) So, I'm... cautiously optimistic.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
60 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 57 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 60 Marauder, 57 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

DarthTHC
03.21.2013 , 10:18 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
My main worry is that after Makeb Qol will be the focus. Qol inprovements should be an ongoing effort. The focus after the first digital expansion should be on the second expansion. Or are we going into WAR-esque maintenance mode?

Good to hear about 2mil new accounts created since f2p. Rest if the blog tho... not exactly inspiring stuff.
Don't take the 2 mil new accounts thing too literally. It may not mean anything like 2 million new players.

I personally was responsible for 3 of those new accounts. I created characters to group up to make a guild. Other than that, those accounts will never be played.

There may be others out there like me.

There may be even more who tried it through part of their capital world, grew frustrated by the punitive f2p restrictions on UI capabilities, and quit.

RETENTION is the key. How many accounts logged in and played more than an hour in the last week? And the last month? And how does that change week-over-week and month-over-month?

They're never going to tell you that, because it's probably not a very positive number.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Alavastre
03.21.2013 , 10:18 AM | #106
I took away a few things from this dicussion.
1. Cathar will not be launching with Makeb.
2. We will get a barber shop! Exciting that you can change species as well.
3. Most likely guild updates will be in the works after Makeb drops (Quality of life, guilds have been really neglected.)

Anyways, I like the way the game is headed. Though it would be nice to ease some more restrictions on F2P people.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Lent_San
03.21.2013 , 10:19 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by rykiana-ferina View Post
I wonder how many of the devs are going to sit there, read all this then think quietly to themselves
"Iv'e got a bad feeling about this"
My guess? None. They don't read here. They got their own plans with the game, why bother with, like..... players.

RixoFutu
03.21.2013 , 10:20 AM | #108
I just really hope for you sake that RoTHC will be bug free ... or very very almost.
"Once, I thought myself a monster. I played in rivers of blood and laughed as innocents quaked. Yet when I touched the Dread Masters, I saw that my darkness was but a shadow of true depravity."

Mark-JPS
03.21.2013 , 10:20 AM | #109
[QUOTE=TUXs;6028764]Yeah...you gotta love a "State of the Game" update where the only thing worth mentioning (advertising) to the playerbase, is an upcoming Cartel Market purchase...[/QUOTE

If I were Bioware, I would focus more in advertising the content they plan to release. That way, subscribers and f2p players will be more motivated to keep playing the game. Cartel Market is working already, now focus on content and give us a reason why we should keep playing and subscribe.

WaywardOne
03.21.2013 , 10:22 AM | #110
You would get a lot of brownie points for an update with just the hood toggle. Make a 3 second trailer showing a character flipping the toggle back and forth - it will get many hits. It's hard to imagine how big a deal that is for many.