Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game #3

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Pistols-GS
03.21.2013 , 09:58 AM | #71
Sad to see no mention of PvP updates anywhere, especially in regards to Season 1 for Rankeds.

Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

TUXs
03.21.2013 , 09:58 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
http://dulfy.net/2012/11/29/swtor-pa...qa-transcript/
http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...m-q-a-coverage

Tell me where it says "6 Weeks" and not 6-8 weeks.
(I can not believe I had to look for these...)
Sure. Here you go...pick your link.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

Kesphin
03.21.2013 , 09:58 AM | #73
Quote:
we were starting to lose subscribers and players were growing frustrated. In fairness, many of the complaints and worries were justified..
Quote:
At the end of the summer, we announced that were going to make the game more enjoyable than ever before
This is exactly why I hate the way you communicate. You do recognize the game was crap, but you claim right after that it's gonna be more "awsome" than ever before. Absurd communication. Just try to be humble and say : "We are working as hard as we can to learn from our mistakes and we're gonna give you the best we can." We and only we have the right to say the game is awsome or enjoyable. You can not congratulate yourself. Just don't.

Quote:
player feedback, in general, has been very positive about the new things in the game.
At first i laughed. Can I see you statistics, seriously? Or did you remove every negative feedback? We are not reading the same forum.

Quote:
And I’m happy to announce that we’ll be introducing several new features along the way, like a new customization feature, which will allow you to change your character's hair style, eye color, body type, or even species (including the upcoming Cathar!) using Cartel Coins. Look for it in early summer.
Can you tell me why I am paying a subscription?

Mevan
03.21.2013 , 10:00 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Frumyrfrenzy View Post
STOP making content subscribers have to pay for ON TOP of their subscription fee. We are NOT getting our money's worth!
Agreed. We're all probably better off unsubscribing tbh, since a subscription is now worthless.

TUXs
03.21.2013 , 10:00 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
Sad to see no mention of PvP updates anywhere.

What do you mean? The new "revamped" Ilum was our content for the year...they want "organic" PvP...what we have is what we were told would be our final update of 2013...except for potentially a new WZ or 2.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

LtGeneralGezlin
03.21.2013 , 10:00 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by rykiana-ferina View Post
o.k three things.

1: If they do it from a vendor but still use cartel coins not really a big difference
2: It will still cost people real money, yes people get a free CC stipend etc etc
3: what current game mechanic see's you using Cartel coins in anything other than the Cartel Market, after all that is what they are for.

I will be the first to admit as long as they dont go crazy overboard with how much certain changes cost you in CC's it might make things a little easier, but at the end of the day it is my belief and my opinion that it should be a core game system that shouldn't exceed the cost of your subscription to use, if the changes are price right to fall within the free stipend of CC's all the better.

ad who's getting mad ? just trying to have a discussion
Sorry, I shouldn't have been SO grumpy (No breakfast+ being on here is not a good mix.) I just don't understand all the complaints about a system that was announced a few hours ago. I can see the species change costing a lot, but the smaller stuff wouldn't cost a lot. But, that's just my opinion.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
55 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 46 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 55 Marauder, 53 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

chrn
03.21.2013 , 10:00 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerqa View Post
I came here from Everquest II after playing there for almost 9 years. I still play there on occaision. SOE pretty much has set the standard for games and the FTP model over the last couple of years and Everquest II allows you to do a full body remake ( face, hair, colors, size, etc ) for in game currency and they always have. It costs a little over 1 gold piece, very trivial considering the in game economy. They do charge for a race change though via the station store ( same thing as our cartel market here).

I would be completely in favor of Bioware charging us for a species change, especially if they are planning on releasing more species in the future. As far as just using a "barber shop" feature to change hair style or eye color I would rather see that done with in game currency. They could add a beautician NPC to be placed around the various planets, on fleet, or even as a ship companion.
I have a feeling they may do that since to me that makes most sense. In game currency should be used. Perhaps they could offer that option to subs like the free spec and use Cartel coins for free players.

Shwarzchild
03.21.2013 , 10:01 AM | #78
I could care less about a barbershop, or any other small trinket of content. That's really all that stuff is. What I would like to know, or at least understand the direction of , is what the future story content will be like post Hutt Cartel expansion.

Vandicus
03.21.2013 , 10:02 AM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Sure. Here you go...pick your link.
Those are simply second hand reports by gaming "journalism" sites, rather than the Q&A itself. Regardless, I think the 8 week mention is specifically to let us know that they're not going past the deadline with this cycle, indicating we'll have something in early April(probably RoTHC).
Darasuum kote ner vode!
Darasuum kote Mando'ade!

rykiana-ferina
03.21.2013 , 10:02 AM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by LtGeneralGezlin View Post
Sorry, I shouldn't have been SO grumpy (No breakfast+ being on here is not a good mix.) .
Lol it's cool we all have one of those morning's especially me :P.
Jedi Covenant
Veronna | level 50 | Jedi Sentinal - Watchman
Tisa | level 50 | Gunslinger - Sharpshooter