Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

State of the Game #3

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarkTrooperV
03.21.2013 , 09:29 AM | #31
What about some information about the Character Transfers? Or about SGRA's? And I agree with TUXs, when did your Six Week Content Updates become Eight Week? We sort of missed that memo.
The Joker: They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.

dondrako
03.21.2013 , 09:30 AM | #32
Any chance that older cartel packs will include the reputation tokens ?
Currently nobody buys the older cartel packs, Malak gear outfit is filling the GTN while Despot, Revan, Phantom etc outfits dwindles.

Seems a bad idea to include the reputation tokens in just ONE pack, dont you think ?

rykiana-ferina
03.21.2013 , 09:30 AM | #33
"And Im happy to announce that well be introducing several new features along the way, like a new customization feature, which will allow you to change your character's hair style, eye color, body type, or even species (including the upcoming Cathar!) using Cartel Coins. Look for it in early summer."

OMG, isnt there already enough stuff going through the Cartel Market!, I can understand the species change but the rest of it should be accessible to all in the game, not via $$$ through the Cartel Market in the game.

Bad move Bioware. Ive supported and loved everything done thus far, but this is a No No, please dont make hair style, eye color, body type changes only available through the Cartel Market, make it a Core Game System.
Jedi Covenant
Veronna | level 50 | Jedi Sentinal - Watchman
Tisa | level 50 | Gunslinger - Sharpshooter

WIM-
03.21.2013 , 09:31 AM | #34
6 weeks turns into 8 weeks, nothing in the way of pvp news, guild capital starships still floating around unmentioned.... but don't worry guys, they're reevaluating cartel pricing.
W i m.. S o l o

V I I I - The Fatman(RIP)

Lium
03.21.2013 , 09:31 AM | #35
Holy crap! Sorry for the double post but I went back and read all the responses in this thread complaining about the barbershop feature only being available on the CM.

Based on what I've read, I have come to the conclusion that the vast majority of you are completely new to F2P MMOs. Because I also play DCUO and Tera and have dabbled in LOTRO. And pretty much any character customization you want you have to purchase from the in-game store.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending it, just saying this is standard practice. Do you guys not play other MMOs?

rykiana-ferina
03.21.2013 , 09:31 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTrooperV View Post
What about some information about the Character Transfers?
This says it all really
Jedi Covenant

DarthTHC
03.21.2013 , 09:33 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by rykiana-ferina View Post
"And Im happy to announce that well be introducing several new features along the way, like a new customization feature, which will allow you to change your character's hair style, eye color, body type, or even species (including the upcoming Cathar!) using Cartel Coins. Look for it in early summer."

OMG, isnt there already enough stuff going through the Cartel Market!, I can understand the species change but the rest of it should be accessible to all in the game, not via $$$ through the Cartel Market in the game.

Bad move Bioware. Ive supported and loved everything done thus far, but this is a No No, please dont make hair style, eye color, body type changes only available through the Cartel Market, make it a Core Game System.
It's going to be really interesting if the actual implementation is tokens for changes that drop from the gambling packs.

Open a pack, you might get a token to change hair style. Or a token to change eye color. Or a token to change tattoos. Oops, but what if your character isn't a race that uses tattoos? Or you're Rattataki so no hair style to change?

Yeah, this is going to go nuclear.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

LtGeneralGezlin
03.21.2013 , 09:33 AM | #38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I

^This is all I hear from half these posts. "Oh, charging Cartel coins for the barber shop is bad..." Look, it was just announced, I'm sure they'll announce more about it over time. And, we'll be getting Cathar around the same time!

"An 8 week patch release, what happened to 6!?!" It was always 6 TO 8 weeks! 8 weeks gives them a bit more wiggle room.

But, instead of looking at the positives, the people on the forums would rather whine and cry like three year old's who haven't gotten their naps.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
55 Gunslinger, 50 Commando, 50 Sentinel, 46 Shadow.
50 Operative, 18 Mercenary, 55 Marauder, 53 Juggernaut, 50 Sorcerer.

Recceman
03.21.2013 , 09:34 AM | #39
Good to hear more updates are coming, albeit slowly. They can't give us to much information, they don't want to show their hand. Personally, I would like to see more planets and possibly more chapters for the characters coinciding with the current state of the galaxy. There have been and always will be conflicts. I'm a sub and am always hungry for more!

rykiana-ferina
03.21.2013 , 09:35 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Lium View Post
Holy crap! Sorry for the double post but I went back and read all the responses in this thread complaining about the barbershop feature only being available on the CM.

Based on what I've read, I have come to the conclusion that the vast majority of you are completely new to F2P MMOs. Because I also play DCUO and Tera and have dabbled in LOTRO. And pretty much any character customization you want you have to purchase from the in-game store.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending it, just saying this is standard practice. Do you guys not play other MMOs?
Yeah we play other MMO's and so you know I have been a sub since early access, but I'm also an old player of MMO's that didn't include a "real world monetary value" to change something that you should be able to do anyway, SWG is a great example of that.

At the end of the day the Cartel Market is a big success for what it offers, equipment, XP buffs etc, but I'm on the side of that is how it should remain, things like the "Barbershop" shouldn't be a Cartel Market option but a core game option, but then just wait for some of the more hardcore RolePlayers to get a hold of the news, they will have a field day with how much of a bad idea this is going to be.
Jedi Covenant