Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Having other toons as companions

Saito_Hiraga
03.19.2013 , 01:57 AM | #1
Yeah I know it sounds crazy but each time I check my Legacy Family Tree I stay thinking, damnit! my character is married to a girl that he has never even meet face to face, and have a son that he doesnt even knows how it looks like, his son has rival he has never meet or fought even once and he has an ally that never did something for him, other one has a brother that he never even knew he had (I know maybe they were took away after being born but if your story is not supposed to go like that dude ***?!) and that brother addopted a child he doesnt even know how the hell happened...

The point is, there should be a way to import al least one other character (with the possibility to switch him with another one whenever you want) to have him go around with you as your companion and have him fight along you (I.A. controlled of course) using the skills you trained on him while using it.

In the customization aspect maybe it should be locked for this kind of companion or even better to have the posibility to change their gear and have those changes being reflected on the original character.
I know there may be issues with the bounded items a solution could be that you can only change bound to legacy gear on them.

About dialogs they could say simple stuff like the dialogs that you listen with some emotes, or even dont say anything at all.

At least having a legacy related with you is already cool enough.

Woebearer
03.19.2013 , 02:15 AM | #2
+1

Do it.

Nivek_Sivad
03.19.2013 , 07:52 AM | #3
/signed

OR, make it to where you can only have one active AI Character Companion on a server at a time. To activate it, we could pay credits or even cartel coins, because we all know that Bioware loves their Cartel Market .

This is a brilliant idea because my main, Rikor, hates Quinns healing and to have my sorcerer as his apprentice, healing him up, that would be just awesome.

Saito_Hiraga
03.19.2013 , 10:15 PM | #4
Thanks for comenting people, lets hope Bioware sees this soon and gives us some answer.

ColaWindstar
03.19.2013 , 11:14 PM | #5
It worked for Guild Wars classic!
The way I see it, just get the class and gender voice actors back to record a few, random combat lines, let the player, on making the NPC version of their character have a handful of "personality" choices. Such as "lightside, darkside, neutral" and a short lift of dialogue actions they prefer just for the heck of it if we want to. (So you can gain affection with the companion version of your character, it just does nothing, really)

Timarick
03.20.2013 , 12:48 AM | #6
As much as I already love Kira in the game, I'd totally sign this, many a times I'd have characters who are friends and tell stories but never get to go out and DO said things.

Obviously I know this won't be in the current game plans for the next year or so but it would be cool to see down the road along with hood toggle, chair sitting, racing, and pazzak. Oh and guild ships.

Elizeth
03.20.2013 , 01:21 AM | #7
That would be cool.
'Disappointing' is not a valid criticism.

vabi
03.20.2013 , 01:13 PM | #8
+1. Do it.

4 year SWG vet

Saito_Hiraga
03.20.2013 , 11:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Timarick View Post
As much as I already love Kira in the game, I'd totally sign this, many a times I'd have characters who are friends and tell stories but never get to go out and DO said things.

Obviously I know this won't be in the current game plans for the next year or so but it would be cool to see down the road along with hood toggle, chair sitting, racing, and pazzak. Oh and guild ships.
Yeah! I was thinking just the same, its weird to be married with someone you have never ever been along with, and also more weird to have a child with her after all the already said stuff... unless she's getting along with someone else while you dont see... ewe (k thats another story xD)

I love Ashara in game (I have certain weakness aganist Togrutas... S but I would be happy to have my Legacy wife along with me...

Thanks for supporting my idea people Im glad to have contributed something nice to the Suggestion Box

TexasMarine
03.21.2013 , 12:18 AM | #10
Legit idea. Would be realy cool if they could gain XP while acting as a comp. Even if it was a very small amount. any extra helps.