Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tank Mods and craft selection

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
Tank Mods and craft selection

Pyka
12.13.2011 , 03:47 PM | #1
Artificer vs Cybertech

Which has more Mods? I'm looking at it from a perspective of, I can choose a craft to make my armor or choose a craft to mod my armor to make it "better".
I'm leaning towards the latter. That said, from a most return on investment point of view, which craft is better for us tanks?

Being a Sith Juggernaught my natural reaction was Artificer but, none of the mods in Cybertech say "non force users only".

Thoughts?

Ayth
12.13.2011 , 10:11 PM | #2
I couldn't decide either-- so I think I'm going biochem.

theangryllama
12.16.2011 , 10:16 PM | #3
All armor mods are from cybertech
Artifice creates force user weapon mods
Armstech creates non force user weapon mods
Slicing gets augments (augments slots appear in critical versions of crafted gear)

Kollbjorn
12.16.2011 , 10:41 PM | #4
Artifice makes enhancements, which have endurance and secondary stats. Cybertech makes mods, which have endurance and primary stats. Every piece of gear has one socket for each. Cybertech also makes armoring, which determines the armor rating of an item. Artifice makes lightsabers, color crystals, and hilts (which determine saber damage) instead. They are pretty equivalent if you are a Juggernaut. Go with whichever you like the feel of more.

Rafkin
12.17.2011 , 12:06 PM | #5
As a cybertech you can make 2 of the mods every piece of armor needs. Artifice can only make 1. (If we're only talking armor)

Rhaphael
12.21.2011 , 06:01 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
As a cybertech you can make 2 of the mods every piece of armor needs. Artifice can only make 1. (If we're only talking armor)
However when talking weapons (=LS) Artificers can make 3 of out 4 mods against Cybertech making only 1 out of 4.

Depends on what you consider more important armor or weapons.