Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ailie
03.20.2013 , 12:39 AM | #3071
Quote: Originally Posted by Amlici View Post
Paying customers are entitled to complain when they aren't getting what they pay for. So stop with this whiny cry baby nonsense already.
There are comments, there are complaints, and then there is whiny cry baby nonsense. There is a distinguishible difference betweent three. Whilst this thread began with comments and complaints, it has more recently become whiny cry baby nonsense. People posting walls of texts full of expletives towards Bioware (which are removed, mostly because they are reported by other users), accusations against Bioware's motives which no one here actually has any proof of other than circumstantial, a complete and utter lack of understanding as to what the issues behind the scenes may be (there could be unknown technical problems, contractual, legal issues even that they are just not going to tell you about), or attacking people just for having a difference of opinion fits in this category.

I was quite happy when people came here to ask for updates in a calm and mature manner, sadly though not everyone learnt how to ask things politely of formulate an appropriate response.

As for the post further down as to why I'm still here. I get bored at work, need something to occupy my time. Coming here and providing a different point of view is often amusing. Originally it was to stand up for those who I knew couldn't or didn't post here who didn't agree with the merge proposal, but lately we've mostly all decided to give up and just move to other servers.

And as for making the community look bad, honestly I really don't care anymore. I used to when I still enjoyed playing on Gav, and I put a lot of effort into trying to turn the server around planning server events, updates etc. But you know, when it all gets thrown back in your face, taken advantage of, accused of things that just aren't ture and everything just becomes some massive drama for no particular reason, I stopped giving a stuff. I think most would.
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com

Amlici
03.20.2013 , 12:44 AM | #3072
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
As for the post further down as to why I'm still here. I get bored at work, need something to occupy my time. Coming here and providing a different point of view is often amusing. Originally it was to stand up for those who I knew couldn't or didn't post here who didn't agree with the merge proposal, but lately we've mostly all decided to give up and just move to other servers.
So your even admitting that you are trolling.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

SpannersSF
03.20.2013 , 01:21 AM | #3073
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
And as for making the community look bad, honestly I really don't care anymore.
You cared enough when you were accusing other people of it yesterday.

Now you've admitted you're just a troll it all makes a lot more sense though. Sad.

Knine
03.20.2013 , 01:44 AM | #3074
For the love of all things Star Wars please merge the servers!

RolHai
03.20.2013 , 02:21 AM | #3075
This thread is the highest viewed thread in the General Discussion forum by about 40k views and the highest responded thread by nearly double the posts of the next highest thread, BUT NOTHING HAS STILL BEEN DONE!
Pol Blex: Just make it worth my while, all right? If I talk, I have to pump up security, make escape plans... all very expensive. Help me out, here.
Me: Well, you don't have to pay those guards I shot...
Pol Blex: Hmm. Not a bad point, actually . We'll, uh, we'll call it even, then.

hamsel
03.20.2013 , 11:09 AM | #3076
What decision has been made about what to do with the APAC situation. You surely aren't still deciding right?

MouldyCrow
03.20.2013 , 03:12 PM | #3077
Quote: Originally Posted by RolHai View Post
This thread is the highest viewed thread in the General Discussion forum by about 40k views and the highest responded thread by nearly double the posts of the next highest thread, BUT NOTHING HAS STILL BEEN DONE!
Sums it up. Where's the huge thread demanding SGR?
Unsubbed! Voting against the APAC server closures - with my wallet.

vian
03.20.2013 , 03:55 PM | #3078
Quote: Originally Posted by MouldyCrow View Post
Sums it up. Where's the huge thread demanding SGR?
There were a bunch, in Suggestions and General chat. Do a title search on "SGR" or "Same sex" if you want to read them. But they kept getting derailed into the usual polarised discussions of politics/morality, and were shut down. So none got as large as this one. There's nothing inherently controversial about APAC players talking about the parlous state of the APAC servers (apart from the sniping, whingeing and whingeing about sniping), so this thread is safe from that.

And action was taken on SGRs for lots of reasons; social justice, adherence to BW/EA standard practice and so on. Not just because players made threads about it.

Back to relevnace; here are some Yes, Minister quotes which people may want to read meaning into.

Sir Arnold: If people don't know what you're doing, they don't know what you're doing wrong.

and something oddlly encouraging:

Sir Arnold: The Law of Inverse Relevance, the less you intend doing about something the more you have to keep talking about it.

(If that's true, then the lack-of-communication from the CMs must surely be good news? Although, they are in daily conversation, you know )
Two blasters; no waiting!

Thornsbane
03.20.2013 , 04:06 PM | #3079
Just spend a little cash and merge the servers already!

LeeTone
03.20.2013 , 04:59 PM | #3080
They're not going to 'merge' any servers.

If they do ever do anything it will almost definitely be via transfers. Where they will allow you to transfer remains to be seen.