Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Malavai Quinn

Ithilwen
02.18.2013 , 05:37 PM | #111
I'm thinking I just wont talk to him during Act 3 untill after the incident... by then he'll probably have max affection so I'd only end up getting carried away and rush through all the convoes...
Valkarah - Valania - Santiel
Dramorion - Onai - Ostana

CloudCastle
02.20.2013 , 12:59 PM | #112
By the time I got to the incident, I don't think Quinn had even said he was "in love" yet. It is hard to wait on his conversations! I took Pierce with me for a few planets instead and began saving up gifts to give to Quinn later.

Another conversation that works out well if you wait is:

Spoiler

kalistea
02.20.2013 , 01:58 PM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post

Spoiler
That conversation is the 6 th one you get in chapter 3 right?
Indeed, that could work well, if you just stop talking to him right after the first conversation in chapter 3 (duty and devotion), where he

Spoiler

I went a bit further than that , because I think the third-to-last conversation (technical changes) can also make sense after the incident, as one of the options has him saying :

Spoiler

Ithilwen
02.20.2013 , 10:48 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by kalistea View Post
That conversation is the 6 th one you get in chapter 3 right?
Indeed, that could work well, if you just stop talking to him right after the first conversation in chapter 3 (duty and devotion), where he

Spoiler

I went a bit further than that , because I think the third-to-last conversation (technical changes) can also make sense after the incident, as one of the options has him saying :

Spoiler
Thats very interesting, and good to know! Thanks for that

LagoonaLahaana
02.25.2013 , 01:57 AM | #115
IMO you should just play the romance out as quick as you want in spite of the betrayal. I guarantee if there ever was an expansion for romances in particular, Quinn will be convinced to betray you again, that or dump you because he's too insecure.

It's quite pathetic but Quinn is ultimately the victim of the whole ruse. He got played by Baras and if you kill him you get played by Baras as well. I really think the kill option should have been left in so people could feel the regret of acting before thinking.

It's like the whole Overseer Tremel thing all over again. Tremel warns us that Baras can sense who you truly are and is a master tactician.

Think about it: Those droids in the whole betrayal scenario weren't on your ship. Quinn must have sent the specifications to Baras, who rigged them to fail, which is why Quinn says "I should have known...I was painstakingly precise." He knew Baras betrayed him because his calculations would have resulted in your death. The fight was easy for this reason. Baras has no use for an emotionally compromised imperial officer, who was probably only convinced to kill you out of jealousy and anger. I can see Baras saying to Quinn: "Quinn about your assignment, things have changed for the worse and it is time to kill my former apprentice. Do I sense hesitancy? Do you have feelings for her? Do you really think a sith warrior could ever sink so low as to truly love (or care for) you? she'd be the laughing stock of the empire. She's toying with you and when she's done she will spit you out."

After all Quinn is definitely insecure enough about the relationship already (Pierce's letter about sith infidelity) and for all his great looks and superb mind he is self-loathing (Jedi Master Yonlach confirms this).

A master move by Baras: You kill Quinn and you lose a valuable crew member (you're only healer), and if you married him you get a big emotional set back as well weakening you for Baras in the future.

Truth is Quinn is not a confident person, which loses him major attraction points for my sith warrior. Basically the only reason I chose not to continue the romance...he's just not as attractive anymore. And I thought Corso Riggs was bad (meaning Corso isn't my type and no offense to anyone who likes Corso). I'm going to try the Aric Jorgan thingy...he seems more comfortable and confident with whom he is.

Quinn’s like the boyfriend who believes all the bad stuff people are saying about you and then takes it out on you ruining the relationship.

SilentKitty
02.25.2013 , 03:25 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
By the time I got to the incident, I don't think Quinn had even said he was "in love" yet. It is hard to wait on his conversations! I took Pierce with me for a few planets instead and began saving up gifts to give to Quinn later.

Spoiler
I had that convo right after the incident and it worked very well currently mopping up the last bit of Corellia and progressing through the romance-arc just fine.

Ithilwen
02.26.2013 , 11:09 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by LagoonaLahaana View Post
IMO you should just play the romance out as quick as you want in spite of the betrayal. I guarantee if there ever was an expansion for romances in particular, Quinn will be convinced to betray you again, that or dump you because he's too insecure.

It's quite pathetic but Quinn is ultimately the victim of the whole ruse. He got played by Baras and if you kill him you get played by Baras as well. I really think the kill option should have been left in so people could feel the regret of acting before thinking.

It's like the whole Overseer Tremel thing all over again. Tremel warns us that Baras can sense who you truly are and is a master tactician.

Think about it: Those droids in the whole betrayal scenario weren't on your ship. Quinn must have sent the specifications to Baras, who rigged them to fail, which is why Quinn says "I should have known...I was painstakingly precise." He knew Baras betrayed him because his calculations would have resulted in your death. The fight was easy for this reason. Baras has no use for an emotionally compromised imperial officer, who was probably only convinced to kill you out of jealousy and anger. I can see Baras saying to Quinn: "Quinn about your assignment, things have changed for the worse and it is time to kill my former apprentice. Do I sense hesitancy? Do you have feelings for her? Do you really think a sith warrior could ever sink so low as to truly love (or care for) you? she'd be the laughing stock of the empire. She's toying with you and when she's done she will spit you out."

After all Quinn is definitely insecure enough about the relationship already (Pierce's letter about sith infidelity) and for all his great looks and superb mind he is self-loathing (Jedi Master Yonlach confirms this).

A master move by Baras: You kill Quinn and you lose a valuable crew member (you're only healer), and if you married him you get a big emotional set back as well weakening you for Baras in the future.

Truth is Quinn is not a confident person, which loses him major attraction points for my sith warrior. Basically the only reason I chose not to continue the romance...he's just not as attractive anymore. And I thought Corso Riggs was bad (meaning Corso isn't my type and no offense to anyone who likes Corso). I'm going to try the Aric Jorgan thingy...he seems more comfortable and confident with whom he is.

Quinn’s like the boyfriend who believes all the bad stuff people are saying about you and then takes it out on you ruining the relationship.
I must admit, your perspective of the incident is very interesting, generally people say he's either a traitor that was always loyal to baras and was just acting around the SW, or that he really becomes loyal to the SW and doesn't really have the ability/power to do much other than lose on purpose for the sake of the SW (sort of thing xD)...

what you said fits Baras and his disregard for his subordinates, (regardles of gender and romanc) if Baras thought Quinns betrayal would weaken the SW in any way it makes sence that he would set this up.
Even if it was just a message to say, 'you're not out of my reach'/'I know what you're up to'/'come get me'(?) (I still haven't progressed very far, so I don't know what the whole situation is)

kalistea
02.27.2013 , 11:56 AM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by LagoonaLahaana View Post
Those droids in the whole betrayal scenario weren't on your ship. Quinn must have sent the specifications to Baras, who rigged them to fail, which is why Quinn says "I should have known...I was painstakingly precise." He knew Baras betrayed him because his calculations would have resulted in your death. The fight was easy for this reason.
That's an interesting theory, and would make a great basis for a fanfiction, but I don't really agree with this.
Baras wants you dead because you are becoming too powerful and are a threat to him (the apprentice that will kill their master in the end).

I don't really see him stage a doomed murder attempt just to unsettle you, he's too pragmatic to willingly waste an opportunity to kill you. The setup was probably well planned and meant to succeed, and seemed easy only for gameplay reasons (player being alone and the fight has to be doable by a solo player).

As for Quinn being insecure, keep in mind that not every female player made the same conversation choices. In the course of the romance you can really be a b.... to Quinn and he'd have every reason to mistrust you
That's just a shame that your choices don't have any real consequence on how the romance plays out.

I do believe that Quinn is completely loyal to you after the incident, based on what he says on Corellia + the very last conversation, but that's just me

Raynezazki
02.27.2013 , 02:50 PM | #119
I will never be able to take that as Quinn seriously trying to kill my SW because she could CC the droids. If he's supposedly making them especially tailored to kill her you'd think the damn things would be immune to her making them worthless. So yeah she kind of just facepalms and tells Quinn to get back on the ship and stop embarrassing the both of em.

ddarkangel
03.19.2013 , 11:33 PM | #120
People think that being a Sith just kill and kill and kill ... It's what Tremel tries to teach when you send in that prison. Analyze the facts before making decisions simply by bloodthirsty.

Spoiler