Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Amlici
03.19.2013 , 08:43 PM | #3061
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
It's more likely that they're just playing a 'suck it and see' approach and hoping the problem will fix itself, but since most people still playing are more intent to cry like babies and make the communities look bad, I sincerely doubt it will.
Paying customers are entitled to complain when they aren't getting what they pay for. So stop with this whiny cry baby nonsense already.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

Yndras
03.19.2013 , 09:10 PM | #3062
Quote: Originally Posted by Amlici View Post
Paying customers are entitled to complain when they aren't getting what they pay for. So stop with this whiny cry baby nonsense already.
Complaints are handled by Bioware's "Universal Response For All Community Enquires"(URFACE) policy.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

Sildanar
03.19.2013 , 09:23 PM | #3063
So let me get this straight

EA/Bioware are up to their COGSS in POO which of course means the WHELS are neck deep as well. Hence the need for a big STICC to dig themselves out...of the POO.

While I admit that the WHELS being neck deep in POO is a somewhat attractive option, whacking them with a STICC to get the POO off seems even better.

EA/Bioware executive team please step forward, I volunteer to get you out of the POO by wacking you with a STICC...all while shouting

OUT OUT YOU DEMONS OF STUPIDITY!!

Cognitive Dissonance Therapy meets Dilbert
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer

JohnnyGatt
03.19.2013 , 09:45 PM | #3064
Quote: Originally Posted by Yndras View Post
Perhaps if they remove the POO from the STICC, they can then remove the STICC from the COGSS, and the WHELS can operate freely.

Just a guess tho.
smart ***... got to love the people that went owww that's why!
Jean ,John ,Johnny ,Johnnie ,Jeck , Jev and Nomi Sunrider on "Dalborra"
GamingFace.com Your SWTOR Companion News and Info blog!
Full Companion list with gifts on GamingFace

SpannersSF
03.19.2013 , 10:16 PM | #3065
Quote:
It's more likely that they're just playing a 'suck it and see' approach and hoping the problem will fix itself, but since most people still playing are more intent to cry like babies and make the communities look bad, I sincerely doubt it will.
If anyone is making the community look bad it's you. Repeating the same meta-whine in every post doesn't elevate you above the people attempting to improve this game in APAC (or at least get some small amount of information) in fact quite the opposite. Stop trying to derail this genuine attempt to improve the game, it's bordering on trolling imho.

iheartnyc
03.19.2013 , 10:42 PM | #3066
Quote: Originally Posted by SpannersSF View Post
If anyone is making the community look bad it's you. Repeating the same meta-whine in every post doesn't elevate you above the people attempting to improve this game in APAC (or at least get some small amount of information) in fact quite the opposite. Stop trying to derail this genuine attempt to improve the game, it's bordering on trolling imho.
Genuine attempt to improve the game = 8 months ago. IIRC, back in July, when me and a few friends (including the OP of this thread) on Master D started to ask for help, the horde of APAC trolled us pretty hard to stop whining - by the way, we've all since quit or rerolled. It was only in September-ish when things started getting really bad that these ****heads who told us to stop whining changed their minds and started to side with us.

Now it's been close to a year. This thread is no longer an attempt to improve the game. It is ridiculous whining by people in an abusive relationship. There are pro-active solutions such as unsubbing, rerolling or whatnot.

"Fix the server or...or....else we'll bump this thread!"

SpannersSF
03.19.2013 , 10:52 PM | #3067
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
Genuine attempt to improve the game = 8 months ago. IIRC, back in July, when me and a few friends (including the OP of this thread) on Master D started to ask for help, the horde of APAC trolled us pretty hard to stop whining - by the way, we've all since quit or rerolled. It was only in September-ish when things started getting really bad that these ****heads who told us to stop whining changed their minds and started to side with us.

Now it's been close to a year. This thread is no longer an attempt to improve the game. It is ridiculous whining by people in an abusive relationship. There are pro-active solutions such as unsubbing, rerolling or whatnot.

"Fix the server or...or....else we'll bump this thread!"
So why are you still in this thread? You and Allie both seem convinced this thread is pointless in fact it seems to be causing you both distress, you both talk the good talk about getting on with it and being proactive, take your own advice.

iheartnyc
03.19.2013 , 10:55 PM | #3068
So why are you still in this thread? You and Allie both seem convinced this thread is pointless in fact it seems to be causing you both distress, you both talk the good talk about getting on with it and being proactive, take your own advice.
Two reasons:

1) every once in a while one of my old friends who recently unsubbed comes to find me on Bastion from this thread.
2) The longer people continue to play on APAC, the longer the Devs will hold off on doing something about the servers because it looks like people will keep paying $$ and playing no matter what. A mass exodus at this stage is more likely to get the Devs to do something.

SpannersSF
03.19.2013 , 11:23 PM | #3069
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
Two reasons:

1) every once in a while one of my old friends who recently unsubbed comes to find me on Bastion from this thread.
2) The longer people continue to play on APAC, the longer the Devs will hold off on doing something about the servers because it looks like people will keep paying $$ and playing no matter what. A mass exodus at this stage is more likely to get the Devs to do something.
So...

1/ No point in me addressing this.

2/ So you're here in this thread to instigate a mass exodus? If that happens they will just close APAC servers down, problem solved in a way I suppose. I don't agree with your logic about people continuing to play.

When the population gets so bad the game isn't fun anymore or they close the APAC servers (can't handle high ms) then I'll just quit, no thread, no petition, I'll just stop playing. Until then, while the game is still fun, I'm going to try and make it more fun with my sad little bumps of this thread.

PS. It's arrogant to assume your "before it was cool" attempt 8 months ago was genuine while the people asking now are not, who made you arbiter?

Now I'm derailing this myself I'm going to slink off.

iheartnyc
03.19.2013 , 11:34 PM | #3070
So...

1/ No point in me addressing this.

2/ So you're here in this thread to instigate a mass exodus? If that happens they will just close APAC servers down, problem solved in a way I suppose. I don't agree with your logic about people continuing to play.

When the population gets so bad the game isn't fun anymore or they close the APAC servers (can't handle high ms) then I'll just quit, no thread, no petition, I'll just stop playing. Until then, while the game is still fun, I'm going to try and make it more fun with my sad little bumps of this thread.

PS. It's arrogant to assume your "before it was cool" attempt 8 months ago was genuine while the people asking now are not, who made you arbiter?

Now I'm derailing this myself I'm going to slink off.
Yeah, a mass exodus either to Dalborra or to US/EU server. Once they see the RP/PVP servers are dead, they will do a server merge.

It's been 8 months since MDN has been dying. 2.0 is coming out. I've got BiS toons with high level legacy and valor stuck on MDN. I wish I could continue the story with him in 2.0 but guess what? I could invest another 50 hours leveling and getting the new gear, and what will I be left with? Stranded on a dead server? Bioware played our hands and now I just want a solution. Complaining on the forums has failed. Time for drastic measures.