Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So what happens to our comms ? in 2.0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So what happens to our comms ? in 2.0

Jedibediah
03.19.2013 , 08:59 PM | #1
Maybe some of you on the PTS can shed some light on this for us. I'm probably going to hit 50 next weekend.. Just about at 40 valor and will start to convert comms soon.. What becomes of wz and rwz comms once the expansion hits.. Ive heard everything from we lose them to they become something else. I know the gear will be changing but what about the coms. I'd hate to think we're busting our butts for nothing but it seems inevitable.

biowareftw
03.19.2013 , 09:11 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedibediah View Post
Maybe some of you on the PTS can shed some light on this for us. I'm probably going to hit 50 next weekend.. Just about at 40 valor and will start to convert comms soon.. What becomes of wz and rwz comms once the expansion hits.. Ive heard everything from we lose them to they become something else. I know the gear will be changing but what about the coms. I'd hate to think we're busting our butts for nothing but it seems inevitable.
No one knows yet, and the test center isn't going to let us know. If I had to guess? Ranked will get turned into non ranked at 2750 cap and ranked will be reset to 0. They might give us some credits for everything over the cap that was converted.

That would be my guess, but it is just a guess. They could take away all coms. They could take away none (highly doubt it).
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

cashogy_reborn
03.19.2013 , 09:12 PM | #3
nothing is happening to your PvP comms. the new PvP gear is bought with WZ comms and RWZ comms, just like now.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

biowareftw
03.19.2013 , 09:52 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
nothing is happening to your PvP comms. the new PvP gear is bought with WZ comms and RWZ comms, just like now.
In previous updates you lost the "good coms" they were converted to the lower coms. Extra was turned into credits. Just because it is currently like this on the test center, doesn't mean live will be the same.

Granted those were champion and BM coms etc, but I don't see them letting us be geared out completely on day one.

I would be ecstatic if it were otherwise but we will see.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

cycao
03.19.2013 , 09:58 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by biowareftw View Post
In previous updates you lost the "good coms" they were converted to the lower coms. Extra was turned into credits. Just because it is currently like this on the test center, doesn't mean live will be the same.

Granted those were champion and BM coms etc, but I don't see them letting us be geared out completely on day one.

Geared in one day? Unless I missed something it will pretty much be like a fresh 50 dinging now with maxed coms in being able to buy a few pieces of gear only now. no recruit gear.

Lord_Oz
03.20.2013 , 12:02 AM | #6

Um, that sounds like what happens in WoW, but having played since early release and having 5 50's, I don't recall this ever happening in SWTOR. When EWH came out I was able to purchase pieces the second I logged in, didn't lose any comms. Dunno where you got this, unless you're thinking of WoW but I'm 99.999999999999% positive BW has never done this. (except the ORIGINAL conversion from battlemaster, champion, centurion marks to the current comm system)
Peace is a lie...

cashogy_reborn
03.20.2013 , 12:06 AM | #7

yeah, in previous updates where centurion, champion and battlemaster tokens were removed from the game

like i just said, warzone and ranked warzone comms are remaining as the currency for Partisan and Conqueror gear respectively. so you will keep all of your PvP comms.

PvE on the other hand is getting changed, but im assuming you werent asking about those since this is the PvP forum.....
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Soapland
03.20.2013 , 01:18 AM | #8

Nice try, biowareftw. Don't spread misinfo to get people to hate on bioware. Pvp comms will not be touched, only pve is being reshuffled. When ewh came out, they did not do anything to our rank comms. They only changed the old bm, cent, champ comms when ranked came out. That is one time, don't make it seem like they always do it.
ELZABETH --- Sage
SCHLONGBIRD --- Sentinel
yuc (**** class)