Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Marshal_Ney's Avatar


Marshal_Ney
03.19.2013 , 06:12 AM | #3051
I`m sorry to say this,but instead playing the victims for all these months,you had enough time to reroll in a European or us server a new character,also with the double XP plus rest zone and XP packs you can level up pretty quickly.
they already stated that something will be done,so have faith.
I'm not a prophet or a stone age man,Just a mortal
with the potential of a superman,I'm living on"

PurpleCliff's Avatar


PurpleCliff
03.19.2013 , 06:51 AM | #3052
Help us Obi-Eric Musco, you're our only hope!
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

cuttothechase's Avatar


cuttothechase
03.19.2013 , 11:49 AM | #3053
Oh look over there...it's a bump.

..but in all seriousness. I posted this in the Assemble thread.

Hi Eric,

I'm one of the dwindling population of APAC players waiting for a reply to this...
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=534412

You know the thread, you know the problem, we have given you alternatives and suggestions for a fix, you have said they're being discussed...and that keeps being said from Bioware staff but nothing is done...and that's not the worst part... if you at the very least explained the hold up to us we'd understand the long wait...because it has been a long wait. You are losing more and more of us everyday...good paying subs.

If you at least gave us a time frame.... ?

What I would like to think is happening at your end is that you are delaying the good news of a server merge till the week before 2.0 to give the new server the boost in the arm it needs and deserves..the influx of people to the news of a merger + the influx returning for the new expansion will quite possibly bring APAC back to what it should be...

...throw us a bone, keeping on telling us you're aware of it and working on it has grown tiring. I have 2 payed subs by the way, one for myself and one for my son, and for both accounts have already pre-ordered Makeb... but we may not last that long to end up playing them.

Please reply



...there has been no reply yet

hamsel's Avatar


hamsel
03.19.2013 , 05:29 PM | #3054
How is there still no solution provided to the APAC server issues? What are you waiting for?

elitenz's Avatar


elitenz
03.19.2013 , 06:36 PM | #3055
I think once 2.0 hits they will open up the transfer tool since it's working like a charm with the PTS and that was the testing station for it. Only issue now is the price per transfer and what will be left of the community once they open up transfers.

Ailie's Avatar


Ailie
03.19.2013 , 06:36 PM | #3056
Quote: Originally Posted by cuttothechase View Post

What I would like to think is happening at your end is that you are delaying the good news of a server merge till the week before 2.0 to give the new server the boost in the arm it needs and deserves.
Good news is never delayed. It is usually hinted at in advance or even leaked. Bad news is covered up.

Any solution they inact will still have a negative impact on some people. If they merge into one server some will not be happy with the ruleset. If they close and merge to US, those who like low ping will be upset.

It's more likely that they're just playing a 'suck it and see' approach and hoping the problem will fix itself, but since most people still playing are more intent to cry like babies and make the communities look bad, I sincerely doubt it will.
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com

Yndras's Avatar


Yndras
03.19.2013 , 06:50 PM | #3057
Quote: Originally Posted by hamsel View Post
How is there still no solution provided to the APAC server issues? What are you waiting for?
I got some inside information.....

Bioware has a major problem with a system they have been working on. The system released a particularly nasty condition Bioware has labelled the "Synchronous temporal influx compatibility constraint" and is the main reason they are struggling with server mergers. Basically this is a condition in which too many synchronous users at one time merging into one server creates compatibility constraints. As we all know Bioware runs two primary systems, the "Cleverly organised geriatric storage system" and the "Well-honed executive liaison system". These two systems are imperitive to proper running of the organisation.

The "Cleverly organised geriatric storage system" is responsible for day to day tasks, such as development, implementation and testing. And the "Well-honed executive liaison system" handles all the other tasks like billing, customer service, and of course management.

From what I understand, the APAC issue is directly responsible for the "Synchronous temporal influx compatibly constraint"(STICC) and is tied into the "Post operational objectives"(POO). The "Cleverly organised geriatric storage system"(COGSS) donít like "Post operational objectives"(POO) and can only handle so much before complete immersion. Thus in turn before the "Well-honed executive liaison system"(WHELS) can effectively communicate the outcome the "Synchronous temporal influx compatibility constraint"(STICC) must be clear of "Post operational objectives"(POO) before either systems will tackle it.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

Scorpiooooo's Avatar


Scorpiooooo
03.19.2013 , 07:28 PM | #3058
Quote: Originally Posted by Yndras View Post
From what I understand, the APAC issue is directly responsible for the "Synchronous temporal influx compatibly constraint"(STICC) and is tied into the "Post operational objectives"(POO). The "Cleverly organised geriatric storage system"(COGSS) donít like "Post operational objectives"(POO) and can only handle so much before complete immersion. Thus in turn before the "Well-honed executive liaison system"(WHELS) can effectively communicate the outcome the "Synchronous temporal influx compatibility constraint"(STICC) must be clear of "Post operational objectives"(POO) before either systems will tackle it.
... Uhhh... I... hmmm... well...
I need booze...
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

TheBetty's Avatar


TheBetty
03.19.2013 , 07:51 PM | #3059
Quote: Originally Posted by Yndras View Post
I got some inside information.....

Bioware has a major problem with a system they have been working on. The system released a particularly nasty condition Bioware has labelled the "Synchronous temporal influx compatibility constraint" and is the main reason they are struggling with server mergers. Basically this is a condition in which to many synchronous users at one time merging into one server creates compatibility constraints. As we all know Bioware runs two primary systems, the "Cleverly organised geriatric storage system" and the "Well-honed executive liaison system". These two systems are imperitive to proper running of the organisation.

The "Cleverly organised geriatric storage system" is responsible for day to day tasks, such as development, implementation and testing. And the "Well-honed executive liaison system" handles all the other tasks like billing, customer service, and of course management.

From what I understand, the APAC issue is directly responsible for the "Synchronous temporal influx compatibly constraint"(STICC) and is tied into the "Post operational objectives"(POO). The "Cleverly organised geriatric storage system"(COGSS) donít like "Post operational objectives"(POO) and can only handle so much before complete immersion. Thus in turn before the "Well-honed executive liaison system"(WHELS) can effectively communicate the outcome the "Synchronous temporal influx compatibility constraint"(STICC) must be clear of "Post operational objectives"(POO) before either systems will tackle it.
So what's the solution? Surely other MMO providers have encountered problems similar to this when it comes to server mergers.
If force choking Jawas is wrong, I don't want to be right.

Yndras's Avatar


Yndras
03.19.2013 , 08:02 PM | #3060
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBetty View Post
So what's the solution? Surely other MMO providers have encountered problems similar to this when it comes to server mergers.
Perhaps if they remove the POO from the STICC, they can then remove the STICC from the COGSS, and the WHELS can operate freely.

Just a guess tho.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary