Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Battle Focus Question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Battle Focus Question

Capt_Beers
03.19.2013 , 01:08 PM | #1
I was wondering what the best place in the rotation is for it (PvP wise). On the PTS I was using:

Sticky Grenade > AP > IR > Battle Focus > HiB > SS > HiB

I did this so it would be active longer after the initial burst to hopefully affect more HiB's. I was also thinking that it would affect the grenades because they hadn't gone off yet. But then I thought that since the grenades place a debuff on the target they wouldn't be affected by Battle focus as they were cast before it was in effect.

Has anyone tested this or feel like testing it?

I posted this in the Vanguard forum too but that place seems like a ghost town. figured I'd get an answer quicker here.
<HVND> - Harbinger - <HVND>
Keith-Stone 55 Combat Medic | | CaptBeers 55 Arsenal | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | Keef-Stone 55 Infiltration | | Key'th 55 Pyrotech

Pistols-GS
03.19.2013 , 01:12 PM | #2
Solid question, curious to this as well.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

WaldoA
03.19.2013 , 01:15 PM | #3
You may be better off asking in the related class forum.

Crawelc
03.19.2013 , 01:17 PM | #4
People dont read anymore....
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest>
All Imprimis All the time.

Capt_Beers
03.19.2013 , 01:42 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by WaldoA View Post
You may be better off asking in the related class forum.
I did but there is only one page of posts in the Vanguard forum so I figured I would try here too.

Guess I'll try the Trooper general forum as well.

Capt_Beers
03.19.2013 , 04:09 PM | #6
I guess I'll have to figure this out on my own.

Thanks for nothing internet!

foxmob
03.19.2013 , 05:00 PM | #7
I prefer to put both dots and both grenades on before I pop it so that everything blows while it's active. if i start dpsing from 10m, I can get two almost simultaneous hib's and I'm guaranteed a 3rd. unfortunately, every 6s means a 3rd proc'd hib (4th overall) is impossible.

edit: I"m unsure about how cleansing works. does it cleanse the first two negative effects or the last two negative effects? that would impact when I threw sticky and incendiary, as the latter I would want to stay on.
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

Davionix
03.19.2013 , 06:29 PM | #8
Damage that a dot effect deals is calculated each time a tick happens not during initial application.

In other words, if you pop an adrenal / relic / ability halfway through a dot's duration the remaining ticks would get affected by them.

Going from that it is safe to say that battle focus's effect is added to damage calculations by the time assault plastique/sticky grenade actually deals its damage.

TL;DR : Yes using battle focus after you have used grenades will still give you increased crit chance.

They're on our left,right,in front of us,behind us..they can't get away this time.

Capt_Beers
03.20.2013 , 07:18 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Davionix View Post
Damage that a dot effect deals is calculated each time a tick happens not during initial application.

In other words, if you pop an adrenal / relic / ability halfway through a dot's duration the remaining ticks would get affected by them.

Going from that it is safe to say that battle focus's effect is added to damage calculations by the time assault plastique/sticky grenade actually deals its damage.

TL;DR : Yes using battle focus after you have used grenades will still give you increased crit chance.
That's what I was thinking I just wasn't sure. Thanks.