Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[SAGE] Elidhu's 2.0 PTS Review

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Jedi Consular > Sage
[SAGE] Elidhu's 2.0 PTS Review

Twickers
03.19.2013 , 01:26 PM | #61
Reading and testing all these changes make me happy that telekinetics got such massive buffs because that's what I play my sage as (my guild needs DPS so badly I play her as DPS lol).

Also makes me happy because I enjoy the telekentics playstyle a great deal, and knowing that they got some nice utility buffs makes me all the more excited.

Thanks for the huge read-up and all your testing
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

CJNJ
03.19.2013 , 04:40 PM | #62
So how have balance and hybrid been parsing with the recent update? Is the rippling force damage significant and can the force regen sustain disturbance?
CJuice Sandwich-lazy sage seer || Cmeat Sandwich- fat blind engi sniper
lil'cmeat Sandwich- it's a lil Cmeat! Gunslinger || Naked-snake- looks more like plissken, scoundrel
Laziness is a skill

khak
03.19.2013 , 06:01 PM | #63
i cant get on to test STILL go figure that log on issue is still broken and I really do not feel like recopying my toon especially when I will not be able to pick up my augmented gear with the set bonus's upon my return so yeah if they allowed me to at least get my gear back with the set bonus's im game to tgive recopying a shot but the fact that they addressed it as an issue and its still not fixed makes me feel its something either really big or they have no clue how to fix it.

unless im missing something with the log on issue thing possibly being fixed if it indeed is

CJNJ
03.20.2013 , 12:23 AM | #64
Think it's the companion gear thing again
CJuice Sandwich-lazy sage seer || Cmeat Sandwich- fat blind engi sniper
lil'cmeat Sandwich- it's a lil Cmeat! Gunslinger || Naked-snake- looks more like plissken, scoundrel
Laziness is a skill

khak
03.22.2013 , 07:24 AM | #65
Okay I was able to get on finally and test out the change to rippling force and I will say it makes bal specs and their hybrids much more force positive. I timed it just spamming tele throw and disturbance with the talent proc and lasted about 4-5min longer till I ran out if force then before the rippling force change.

I think it's safe to say disturbance is now part of our rotation whether moving or not (not that skilled players were not already using it) since we will not be draining our resource pool as fast when using it. Although I haven't tested how it will affect overall dps I theorize it will make a difference. Would like to see if elidhu could retest his parse with the full bal using disturbance to see what he could do for a longer parse since he had to stop at 3 min previously.

ChuangTzu
04.14.2013 , 04:23 PM | #66
I was wondering if Elidhu had any updates to add now 2.0 is live? Also what spec are ppl using for balance hybrid?
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

MidichIorian
04.14.2013 , 05:51 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
I was wondering if Elidhu had any updates to add now 2.0 is live? Also what spec are ppl using for balance hybrid?
Been using this with good results. The old containment points, which now are rendered useless by a change to force lift, went into focused insight instead. Not sure if that was the best option, perhaps the CD reducion on the stun is better. Jedi Resistance has never tempted me so I skipped that. Not much CC on this build but I'm pretty good at staying alive so it works.

I really miss force lift though and how it allowed us to actually CC people. Havent used it once since 2.0, it's pointless when it's a "oh crap" feature and everyone has the ability to interrupt it in one way or another. It's better to use the GCD on something els.

brrr
04.15.2013 , 05:43 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by MidichIorian View Post
Been using this with good results. The old containment points, which now are rendered useless by a change to force lift, went into focused insight instead. Not sure if that was the best option, perhaps the CD reducion on the stun is better. Jedi Resistance has never tempted me so I skipped that. Not much CC on this build but I'm pretty good at staying alive so it works.

I really miss force lift though and how it allowed us to actually CC people. Havent used it once since 2.0, it's pointless when it's a "oh crap" feature and everyone has the ability to interrupt it in one way or another. It's better to use the GCD on something els.
Try taking only one point in Telekinetic Effusion I tried that last night and found crits came often enough that it was up most of the time and was force positive. This is what I'm using for PvE but don't take it too seriously as I have yet to put proper thought and numbers to it.
Hybrid PvE

ChuangTzu
04.15.2013 , 05:59 PM | #69
My sage is the next toon I'm taking to 55, so I'll have to wait a little while before I can fully test this out. So far it feeling pretty powerful questing on Makeb with the good aoe damage abilities.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

ZGOZZ
04.17.2013 , 05:45 AM | #70
Elidhu,
Thank you for the great right up.
My head just blew up. My main toon is my trooper.
But my sage I am getting up to LvL 55. What tree are you using, and rotation?
And like to thank others as well.