Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Monterone
03.19.2013 , 05:09 PM | #11
You're right, we should be happy to pay money to beta test a matchmaking system. And then on top of that waste limited time for fractional rewards losses provide. Sounds like my kinda game.

No thanks, I already play a dps sorc, that's the extent of my masochism.
Simonette . Sominette
Pot5 > Harbinger

Bayareajoe
03.19.2013 , 05:24 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RougeBeaver View Post
There does exist sore losers who only want easy guaranteed wins they don't need to work for.
That's exactly the point. You don't see football players all giving up after the first field goal. Or baseball players giving up the minute the other team gets a run in.

You can't win every match you play. One side wins, one side loses. But quitting in droves the minute it seems like you may have to put some effort into a match is pitiful. There are those of us who try very hard we are in every match. And there are people who would rather not try at all, and just desert if they aren't 100% sure their team will win.

What that does is penalizes those of us who DO give it our all. Those of us who don't quit, who try hard, and who put in an effort are being rolled over so some poor sports can ditch left and right because they have no deterrent not to.

Please implement a deserter debuff. Thanks.

Caeliux
03.19.2013 , 05:47 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
Lastly, I'll let my agent Caeliux answer any other questions you may have, he's a Sith Lord and understands the basics more than I.
You just want me jive in cause your excuse is,

Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
The reason being, players would simply AFK @ a node instead if this was put into game. Simple truth.
Which this OP and answered with,

Quote: Originally Posted by bodhisattvasw View Post
So they would be AFK kicked, and still have the cooldown.
There is your AFK answer, people would get punished for acting like spoiled brats, AFK kicked with a buff.

If some of you want to do some research on this very topic, just read my responses in this wonderful thread I have conquered.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...604174&page=36

Your going to find countless excuses people make, and every single one of them deserve a deserter buff.

Truth will set you free people, some of you need to take your blinders off your glasses and see the bigger picture.

Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
It's this simple, quitters are the same breed of bad players that make excuses in life, either way they don't contribute nothing but heartache and pain for everyone.

Lets just say a deserter buff was added, and some players out of spite decided to be baddies and goof off all match because of the buff, it would not last long.

Children when they get punished sometimes rebel against their parent for punishing them, after awhile that child finally gives in to the rules because they all of sudden know the parent isn't kidding and the rules are not bending for anyone.

That is the same thing Bioware could of done when this game was made, made a deserter buff for quitters just like Warcraft.

But, they didn't and now alot of people are suffering over it, as well people are loving the abuse of it and also love ruining games and other peoples time with the current leave warzone pass we have.
Undisputed truth ^
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralOnasi View Post
Everytime this idea gets brought up on this forum the quitters zerg the thread about why they shouldn't be punished for hanging their teammates out to dry.
Ironic isn't it.

Monterone
03.19.2013 , 05:57 PM | #14
There's something so funny about quoting yourself and calling it undisputed truth.
Simonette . Sominette
Pot5 > Harbinger

DariusCalera
03.19.2013 , 07:34 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Bayareajoe View Post
That's exactly the point. You don't see football players all giving up after the first field goal. Or baseball players giving up the minute the other team gets a run in.
They get payed to play. Give me a few hundred thousand, or a few million, dollars and I would play football with a team of retarded monkeys.

You can't win every match you play. One side wins, one side loses. But quitting in droves the minute it seems like you may have to put some effort into a match is pitiful. There are those of us who try very hard we are in every match. And there are people who would rather not try at all, and just desert if they aren't 100% sure their team will win.
No, you can't win every match and I'm guessing that most people understand this. However, a person can only put up with so much aggravation before saying that it's enough.

What that does is penalizes those of us who DO give it our all. Those of us who don't quit, who try hard, and who put in an effort are being rolled over so some poor sports can ditch left and right because they have no deterrent not to.

Please implement a deserter debuff. Thanks.
How is it penalizing you? By making you work harder than you want to in order to compensate for the open slot?

The same argument can be made by those that quit. Carrying other players is making them work harder than they want to. They don't want to have to worry about someone that decides to leave a pylon, node, or door unguarded because they got bored and feel like killing something. They also don't want to worry about whether or not the guy that is over is competent enough to call incs and is not AFK.

I'm honestly just playing Devil's Advocate here and presenting another side of the argument for people to consider.

Joesixxpack
03.19.2013 , 07:59 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralOnasi View Post
Everytime this idea gets brought up on this forum the quitters zerg the thread about why they shouldn't be punished for hanging their teammates out to dry.
Mixed in with brain dead generalizing posts that backfillers should be obligated to stay, players that play as a teammate should have to waste their time with players who want to solo DM away from objectives or AFK, and so forth....
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

keekee
03.19.2013 , 08:24 PM | #17
I will be totally against this idea until they allow us to choose which warzone I can avoid. I HATE Huttball and I leave every time it pops soooo I don't want to be penalized for something that is out of my control.

If I am forced into playing Huttball, I will AFK and I WILL trick the kick system by getting into combat every couple of minutes....so yeah this idea is not a good one.

Rift allows you to pick the battleground you want to play in so the idea works there. It will not work here the same way.

MotorCityMan
03.19.2013 , 10:14 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by bodhisattvasw View Post
Rift essentially eliminated botters, quitters, and AFKers in their Scenarios,
If you think this, I got some swamp land in Florida for sale you might be interested in.

Muzzle your inner overbearing mom with the punishment routine. Instead, how bout adding something positive? Like warzones interesting enough and varied enough so that people want to stay? Something with decent matchmaking and a game that allowed for some strategy? Something, anything, other than 8 person teams fighting over a node, and then again a node, and repeated ad nauseum.

cycao
03.19.2013 , 10:22 PM | #19
I believe they stated that they would rather have more incentives to stay in a warzone over putting in some sort of debuff.

Caeliux
03.19.2013 , 10:32 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I believe they stated that they would rather have more incentives to stay in a warzone over putting in some sort of debuff.
I would think pride and dignity would be the reason to stay, lets face it people are leaving because there is no rules and people can do as they please.

I mean a lesson don't get taught to this rambunctious kids that quit games when the going gets tough.

Rules builds structure and growth, without rules then you have laziness and clutter among the games we play, the amount of backfill games is the sole reason why we need punishment.

The problem existed the day this game was released, and the amount of care for PvP awareness shows with the amount of hacks, exploits, and warzone quitters.

All these things exist every single day we play, I think we need some structure and stability so this game can grow, without someone from Bioware thinking like that then we are in for a sad sad truth.

And that truth is Bioware don't care, and likes players dictating games and ruining it for everyone else.

Where is the care?