Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Allow SGR to be turned off

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Caelrie's Avatar


Caelrie
03.19.2013 , 01:31 PM | #391
Quote: Originally Posted by NovaSpartanX View Post
Even so, they promised alot of things (If I remember correctly, didn't they say they'd implement pazaak or was that just something I heard?). People act as if they're offended that SGR isn't the highest priority.
Getting barely implemented over a year after release makes it the highest priority? Your arguments make less and less sense.

NovaSpartanX's Avatar


NovaSpartanX
03.19.2013 , 01:34 PM | #392
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Getting barely implemented over a year after release makes it the highest priority? Your arguments make less and less sense.
...What? I never said it was highest priority...

NovaSpartanX's Avatar


NovaSpartanX
03.19.2013 , 01:36 PM | #393
Quote: Originally Posted by MajikMyst View Post
Actually that argument is a fallacy.. I am talking about a T rated video game and the right to flirt.. On the issue of homosexuality, I am talking about consenting adults..

What you are doing is attempting to move the goal post to an argument you feel you can win.. Pedophilia has nothing to do with same sex relations.. Since you didn't appear to do the research, I'll share a fact with you.. Most pedophiles are heterosexual.. So perhaps we should discuss why the OGR's are there.. At least that would to some small degree make your argument apply.. Just saying..
That's why I was trying to clarify whether the way I was using that logic in my head was wrong or not

AmberGreen's Avatar


AmberGreen
03.19.2013 , 02:19 PM | #394 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

This post is just a reminder: while we do not want to stifle opinions about including SGRA in the game, it is important that the conversation surrounding this topic remain civil and within the forum rules. As with other threads about this topic that we have had to close lately, replies here have started to become disrespectful and are increasingly about political and moral standpoints rather than the game itself. Please keep this in mind when replying to one another.

For now, we are going to leave this thread open, as most of you are doing a good job of keeping on-topic and respectful. We appreciate your understanding.



~Amber
Amber Green | Live Services Specialist
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
03.19.2013 , 02:49 PM | #395
What the what? I thought we already established that discussing a "toggle" for SRG was offensive and discriminatory.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

MajikMyst's Avatar


MajikMyst
03.19.2013 , 03:06 PM | #396
Quote: Originally Posted by OddballEasyEight View Post
So did i, but (with the risk of a banning, but ill take it), apparantly wanting a toggle to turn off "homosexuality" in the game is not offensive or discriminatory.
But comparing it to racism by using racist comments sarcastically, is.
This is forum rules 2.0 I am guessing.. Personally, I thought this thread would be closed down a long time ago.. Like at page 1..

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=608736

I am glad that they are at least letting us discuss this..
Who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him?

[.] Lost but never forgotten!! 12-01-2011 R.I.P.

BrianDavion's Avatar


BrianDavion
03.19.2013 , 03:39 PM | #397
ya know if you don't want SGR's don't choose the option it's simple.

All the people who worry about it need to grow up. ok so you claim SGR's are immoral. let's just say hypotheticly, I agree with you. the question I pose to you is "so what?" the thing is that this game allows you to make some pretty evil choices already. To use an outright spoiler the Sith warrior
Spoiler
ohh and while we're at it, that reminds me, the Sith Warrior's VERY FIRST COMPANION, is a slave. Imperial side characters can in short engage in some pretty vile things. the republic also isn;'t exactly sqweeky clean.

the fact that you allow your children to play this game when you can already make such immoral acts is rediculas. if you don't think your child should flirt with someone of the same gender...

TELL THEM NOT TO. put some responsability in your hands to monitor your child. and your child to "make the correct choice" when the option comes up.

BTW you do realize some of the flirt options with oppisite gender people leads to pre-martial sex. isn't this ALSO "immoral"?

EricMusco's Avatar


EricMusco
03.19.2013 , 04:31 PM | #398 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
What the what? I thought we already established that discussing a "toggle" for SRG was offensive and discriminatory.
Amber already came in and talked about cleaning the thread up a bit but I am going to be closing this thread. We are also going to be removing all further threads talking about an SGRA toggle being implemented into the game.

I will personally apologize as this was my error. My hope was that a topic like this could allow for constructive discussion on the inclusion, or lack there of, for SGRA. Unfortunately as we have mentioned previously, including an SGRA toggle is discriminatory and these topics quickly devolve into arguments of the social and moral nature, which have no place on the forums.

This was the statement we made before, which still remains true today:

Quote:
As a gentle reminder: Discussion of the implementation of toggles to filter same gender romance options is considered discriminatory language and is neither appropriate nor allowed on the forums. Posts along this vein of discussion will be removed.
Thank you for your understanding and I apologize for any offense given by allowing this topic to remain.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]