Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To the new SWTOR players...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
To the new SWTOR players...

ApplesOfDyscord
03.18.2013 , 10:16 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by scarlet_magpie View Post
I have been playing around a month or so, and became a sub within the first week! My main is a lvl 27 merc, but I also levelled a Sith Assassin, a Sith Jugg and an agent sniper to lvl 15 too, as I wanted to check out all the story and abilities! It's awesome, as I now have the ability to make all my own mods/arnmouring and enhancements etc , so my adaptive armours are very effective!
I am enjoying the game immensely, I find the community not only freindlier than other games, but also funnier! I love the fact that I often chuckle out loud at the chat
I am still in "don't miss a single quest" mode, and am enjoying playing around on the GTN.
I'll level in time... there ain't no rush .
Glad you're having fun, for me it's nice to be a noob again!!!
Me too! I level at my own pace I'm in no rush, sure I could run around killing beasts in Drummond Kaas etc all the time but i'm not in a hurry. I like stealth(ing) a lot, and I tend to do a lot more side missions before continuing my main objective. I absolutely LOVE my Khem Val! He's my tank. O.o somehow I joined a guild ( I really wasn't even trying to) Did a few um Instances (is that what they are called? Or am I channeling Blizzard ) I didn't particularly care for it but I did them anyways. I haven't really talked to my Guildmates (not for lack of trying) but BESIDES all that I am having a blast! Lol I feel bad for my Smuggler she's still at Lvl 3....

DesTroll
03.18.2013 , 12:12 PM | #12
Just joined the game the other day. Rolled up a sentinal on Shadowlands, have got it to about lvl 12 so far iirc.
Players in general chat have been pretty friendly and helpful so far, but I've yet to find anyone that wanted to form a group and roam around.

Then again my laptop doesn't quite meet the minimum system requirements, so I tend to lag a bunch on load screens and when a lot of other people are in the area. lol
Doubt there would be many people willing to deal with a really slow n00b.

ApplesOfDyscord
03.18.2013 , 02:47 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DesTroll View Post
Just joined the game the other day. Rolled up a sentinal on Shadowlands, have got it to about lvl 12 so far iirc.
Players in general chat have been pretty friendly and helpful so far, but I've yet to find anyone that wanted to form a group and roam around.

Then again my laptop doesn't quite meet the minimum system requirements, so I tend to lag a bunch on load screens and when a lot of other people are in the area. lol
Doubt there would be many people willing to deal with a really slow n00b.
Lol Heck my laptop is just a couple of months old and I lag like crazy (well depending on how many people on the server) I went to the Imperial Fleet and I was lagging something fierce. Have checked you settings? Some o f them might be set on high.

ImmortalLowlife
03.18.2013 , 05:31 PM | #14
Been playing a lil over a month now, & my PS3 & Xbox have been collecting dust lol. I've got a Lvl 24 Jedi sentinel & a lvl 21 Sith Marauder which I re-started Sat night... & I was playing yesterday (Sunday) from 7am till after midnight switching between each character lol. Since I usually only get to play a couple of hours a few nights a week, I've really enjoyed the 2x XP weekend. Mainly been playing solo & really enjoying the story's. I've always been sceptical about paying every month to play a game, but swtor has changed all that lol I'm also gonna have to invest in a gaming computer cuz my laptop ain't cuttin it lol
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

Frandough
03.19.2013 , 08:34 AM | #15
Been playing for a month became a subscriber last weekend.

Having tried other online games and not caring for the experience, was not sure if this would work for me. But finished and loved the original KOTOR and went to this right after.

I really, really like it. Much better behaved players (for the most part) than what i experienced on other gaming sites. And the story lines are really fun.

Playing 8 characters one of each class and got all of them into double digit experience.

I find the Sith side a lot more fun mostly because, in true movie fashion, you get involved in a lot of overly complex and convoluted plots bening done to your Master or being plotted by your master. Fun stuff!

Khevar
03.19.2013 , 01:51 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Frandough View Post

Playing 8 characters one of each class and got all of them into double digit experience.

This is a cool idea, wish I had done that when I started (especially as one could appreciate the little class story crossovers if they are fresh in your mind)

Do you bounce around back and forth to keep them mostly even?

TaylorNova
03.19.2013 , 04:18 PM | #17
Been playing this a while now, and since I started space missions, and found out more about particular parts of SWOR, mainly techie stuff, and work arounds to make my charactor and and companion more effective and durable, its hard to get me out of the Chair.

But, I do find, the younger players, and the more experienced ones, need to learn p\atience ( good old Obi Quote), silver surfers, who, like me, Are doing our best, but, Im not really understanding group fighting missions, except in warzones, I get kicked from groups, because No one bothers to take me through the ropes on what to do.

the guild i joined, did the same, kicked me from a group they made, because I got lost. Now no one chats to me any longer, and I cant leave the guild as I cant? The command don't work to leave the guild, so im stuck in it forever it seems, sent a ticket, about it, but all I got back was an automated message saying read forums, What happened to live Mods that were in WoW? I helped a guy out today, but I was blocked from following him into the main end mission area, thus i couldnt do anything to help. needless to say he perished, and he was quite abusive and said fuu, so I dont join in any groups any longer, I keep myself to myself, along with my ships droid and companion. Noobs are never liked or helped in guilds or groups, they expect you know everything, and they often forget they were noobs once.
Otherwise very happy with game play and missions, some lag at times, but not a great deal so far. Next week upgrading my old 19inch fujitsu Monitor to a 22inch HD Widescreen, (my easter treat ) so hoping for even better looking game, than on this old screen with some dead pixels. Already pre orded the new Hutt digital download, as Im a huge Hutt fan

Frandough
03.19.2013 , 09:29 PM | #18
Yesterday , 08:51 PM | #16
REPORT POST QUOTE
Quote: Originally Posted by Frandough

This is a cool idea, wish I had done that when I started (especially as one could appreciate the little class story crossovers if they are fresh in your mind)

Do you bounce around back and forth to keep them mostly even?

I am trying to keep all my characters pretty close together in both xp and story line progression. One nice tidbit of doing this is you get the whole picture of something which one character 's story may not give.

For example all of your Sith characters wind up in Lord Grantham's complex at one time or another. It takes bits and pieces from conversations each character has to put the total answer about
just what Grantham is up to and why. Nice touch.

andyjd
03.20.2013 , 03:17 AM | #19
The Sith warrior story is really good as well I chose marauder as my advanced class and I'm loving it! I'm a solo player though, I can't stand being in a group for long x( I'm even gonna quit my guild lol idk why I prefer rolling alone but its not so bad. And some people are smart asses on my server, like I was doing a flash point and our merc was complaining that I was tanking (I was) but what was I supposed to do our tank died lol. They're just so up tight about how a group should act x/ I'm a seek and destroy kind of Guy, as long as the objective is reached I'm happy x)

oaxadan
03.20.2013 , 12:47 PM | #20
Been playing about a month now as well (Funny, seems a lot of folk have - coincidentally when Lotro's server's went down? hehe, that's when I checked out swtor), and I must say I really dig this game. Very, very fun, and I've actually subbed, which is something I haven't done in forever (that's not to say I don't spend money on a game, I just tend to work within the FTP model).

My only issue is that I haven't found a guild I feel completely at home in - obviously that's not the game's fault, nor is it the community's - just a run of below average luck

But I'll keep looking on Ebon Hawk!