Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Really Not That Hard 4 RvR!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Really Not That Hard 4 RvR!

Josewales
03.19.2013 , 06:39 AM | #1
I am worried that the new Xpack will be the same ol same ol. Where a few instances and the odd isolated event will be called endgame again. For pvp another WZ? Big whoop! I was hoping the xpack would focus entirely on making endgame dynamic, interactive, open and lot of corners to take....but rumor has it, NOPE!

With that said, I look back to older MMOs to wish and compare. Yes I know it would take a whole new dev team to create a rich and interactive RvR model to implement. And that would be more payrolls for BW, which we all know wont happen. Therefore, BW would have to work with what they already have in place for PvE.

Since Star Wars is suppose to be about a galactic war, why not adopt something like what SWG did. Having outposts controlled by faction pvp. Easy to do...just model a dozen plus outpost bases to pvp over. Oh and even copy Daoc's DF concept! Faction who controls the most objectives gets the key to a dungeon gate...that way, it wont be 24/7 unbalanced steam rolls since most be in the dungeon trying to rush for some endgame loot. And also let pvp take place inside such. Since Gree event proves most dont mind a bit of FFA pvp, least there would be allies to help in there during take over

Skies the limit and doesn't have to be an intensive update. And for those who dont care to pvp much, dont have to flag themselves and wait for others to do the work for them. I for one wouldnt mind do the dirty work as a pvper

Lets face it. Its been almost 10 years since Blizzard fooled the MMO community that a few instances to grind week in and week out is called 'real pvp' and endgame. Now we pvp in the age of hacks, macros and pocket healers....BW has a chance to make pvp their own in the new gen MMOs.

Please BW do it! For us old skoolers

Feel free to add a 3rd cartel (neut) faction while you are it

Capt_Beers
03.19.2013 , 08:50 AM | #2
Wow. As PvP healer I take offense to being compared to hacks and macros. Thanks jerk!
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

Josewales
03.19.2013 , 09:03 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
Wow. As PvP healer I take offense to being compared to hacks and macros. Thanks jerk!
You are a pocket healer on a leash?:P Sorry to offend you then...good bro

But troll sticks aside...I said pocket healer, not pvp healer.

Arutar
03.19.2013 , 09:32 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Josewales View Post
Since Star Wars is suppose to be about a galactic war, why not adopt something like what SWG did. Having outposts controlled by faction pvp. Easy to do...just model a dozen plus outpost bases to pvp over. Oh and even copy Daoc's DF concept! Faction who controls the most objectives gets the key to a dungeon gate...
Some servers have heavily unbalanced faction numbers.

/thread

Josewales
03.19.2013 , 09:51 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Arutar View Post
Some servers have heavily unbalanced faction numbers.

/thread
/carrots

And bullpoo! Most regulars have more than one 50, and chances are both sides. Daoc is a great example of 50 hopping for whatever the needs and wishes are.

And again it's all in the carrots! RvR is all about training towards objectives with carrots....thats where the balance lies. If one faction has the most pop, chances are many are in farming the dungeon in this case. And if it is still unbalanced...mechanics such as underdog bonuses can be used such as Daoc . Even spreading out the RvR amongst planets...so it's not just a insta roll and keeping factions spread out and a demand for community coordination (yes there was a time when it was norm in MMOs). In turn helping with engine troubles if needed.

I never did buy into the players are to blame for unbalance. WAR is a fine example on how messed up the pop was in that game due to lack of hind sight on Mythic's part.. The devs have to keep focus on keeping up with the carrots....or RvR will fail. But when it works, many WoW spawns will experience something more grander for a change besides rockpaperscissors It takes commitment of the devs....bottom line. And thats where I myself think BW probably cant pull such a model off...we all saw what happened to the game and team in the past year.

But here is to wishing.

So have a carrot on me

Nothing personal, just the reason.