Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

So are we actually going to see any meaningful action taken to stop the hacking?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
So are we actually going to see any meaningful action taken to stop the hacking?

Zjabin's Avatar


Zjabin
03.19.2013 , 03:00 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Arutar View Post
His point is that many people confuse certain legimate abilities / lags / bugs for hacks.

I know I have in the past (seeing someone intervene to stealthed character for the first time = teleport hack)
And why this confusion experienced by some (rather noobish) people should prevent Bioware from taking any meaningful action to stop the hacking?

Tommey's Avatar


Tommey
03.19.2013 , 03:42 AM | #42
I play on POTF and I've seen these hacks that the OP referring to. In fact I too have seen it happen 2-3 times in one day, most of which were teleporting/speed hacks. I know that some of you might not see it happen, but unfortunateley it does, and it is a problem. Those of you asking for video proof there is a website called Youtube, go to it, search swtor pvp hacks/warzone hacks, there are videos that date all the way back to the begining of the game and up to the present day swtor. There is all the video proof that you need on that website. I will now supply a link for you at the bottom of this post. All joking aside, there really is a good bit of video footage on youtube of these hacks occurring. If you are interested in viewing please proceed!



www.youtube.com

Arutar's Avatar


Arutar
03.19.2013 , 04:15 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Zjabin View Post
And why this confusion experienced by some (rather noobish) people should prevent Bioware from taking any meaningful action to stop the hacking?
Your point rests on the - unproven - assumption that there IS widespread hacking and not just confusion by players about bugs/lags/class abilities.

DarthFamine's Avatar


DarthFamine
03.19.2013 , 04:18 AM | #44
Sadly I saw alot more of them during the double xp weekend.
"It might be fear, or anger, or hatred, or perhaps even suffering that makes a man fall to the dark side, but it is without a doubt regret, that keeps him there."
-Darth Famine
www.RJKgaming.com

Tommey's Avatar


Tommey
03.19.2013 , 04:28 AM | #45
lol, I dont get why people want so much to believe that there is not a hacking problem in this game when there is. It's almost like they are a little kid covering their ears and yelling "lalalalalalalalalalala i cant hear you lalalalala" trying to ignore what is really going on. In Thier defence it may not be a prevalent issue on your server, but for some of us it is. I still would like to know why some of the players are so hard set on attacking anyone who brings up the subject of hacking, asking for video proof (when it is available through youtube), or just downright disrespecting the creator of the thread.

Wainamoinen's Avatar


Wainamoinen
03.19.2013 , 04:30 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Tommey View Post
Those of you asking for video proof there is a website called Youtube, go to it, search swtor pvp hacks/warzone hacks, there are videos that date all the way back to the begining of the game and up to the present day swtor. [/url]
Just thought I should check.

Well done. First page of 22 vids from "SWTOR hacks PvP" is:
a) 11x vids from a year ago - it's a year ago because Bioware fixed the early speedhacking bug, this no longer works and is not relevant to the game today
b) 3 x Gingers - the individual on Pot5 who had his speedhack over the Christmas holiday, and got banned
c) 4 x people calling lag or bugs, hacks
d) 4 x assorted advertising, moaning about patch 1.2, a 2v4 fight vid

So I've gone to the trouble of checking your "evidence" and there's nothing there (on the first page at least). Maybe there is this evidence somewhere else in the netiverse, but it isn't easily available on Youtube as you claim - rather it appears to be totally absent. Saying "if you go on Youtube and it's full of vids that prove cheating is common in SWTOR PvP" is demonstrably not true.

Honest advice: you'd enjoy the game a lot more if you adjusted your world view. People who beat you or do something you don't understand are probably simply better than you, and not cheating (though some will always try to cheat if they can get away with it).

Rather than add to the simpleton's chorus of "HAXX!!! CHEATERS EVERYWHERE!!!11!!" you could work out how to improve your performance in PvP through gear, use of your abilities, tactics and countering opponents' abilities (people who say they know all about their class so there's nothing to improve are talking rubbish - you can always improve). Then you'd win more, have more fun, and best of all not have to live with the corrosive feeling of being cheated - which is in any case totally unnecessary, because you aren't being cheated.
Somewhere in the darkness, the Scrapper he broke even
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Tommey's Avatar


Tommey
03.19.2013 , 04:36 AM | #47
[QUOTE=Wainamoinen;6016019]Just thought I should check.

Well done. First page of 22 vids from "SWTOR hacks PvP" is:
a) 11x vids from a year ago - it's a year ago because Bioware fixed the early speedhacking bug, this no longer works and is not relevant to the game today

A. lol someone has no clue how to use youtube...try adjusting the filter to upload date of 1 month, or even a week ago if that evidence is too old for you. I'm sure you will find plenty of videos. it's really not that hard, but neither is being ignorant.

But it is availible on youtube, unless you are blind or maybe new to using a computer.

as for letter B. Direct proof that hacking is present in swtor.

C. I'm sure you've watched all the video criteria on there right?

D. Brings me right back to what i said for C, i'm sure you did watch them all right? every single one of them?

You have trouble checking my evidence because you cant seem to see that this is an issue in the game and people want it to be drawn out into the open.

Your right these hackers are better than i am. I guess it might be because i cant teleport acros half of the map in order to score a goal and then repeat the same process.

question for you! Lets say you were playing a single player game like nhl (just as an example) and the other team shot slapshots all day from their side of the rink and scored every time. would that be fair to you? does that sound like there would be any possiblity of enjoying the game? try to win when thingd likr that are thrown into the mix.

Wainamoinen's Avatar


Wainamoinen
03.19.2013 , 05:15 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Tommey View Post
lol someone has no clue how to use youtube...try adjusting the filter to upload date of 1 month, or even a week ago if that evidence is to old for you. I'm sure you will find plenty of videos. it's really not that hard, but niether is being ignorant.
More of my time wasted, but I did as you asked . I suspect you didn't look yourself before typing out your reply, as shown by the way you messed up writing a forum post. I won't mention whether you have a clue at playing SWTOR.

Anyway, 22 vids for "SWTOR hacks PvP" again, this time in the last month.

8 x Minecraft vids (eh?)
2 x advertising
1 x some other game trailer (Wolfire)
6 x game vids (4 x SWTOR PvP fight vids; 1 x French guild take Ilum World Boss; 1 x Corellia PvP event)
4 x people calling lag or bugs hacks (my favourite is complaining that Physics on Shadowlands are hacking in huttball - 10 mins so didn't watch it all, maybe they were - but I suspect not. They're a recognised good PvP guild and don't need hacks to smash randoms in huttball)
1 x advert for hacks - in some game called "Shakes & Fidget"

So no, still no evidence. Seriously, you would feel happier if you let go of the prejudice that PvP is full of hacking. Don't get locked into identifying yourself with a "cause" that's based on misperception, as it seems some have let themselves be. But in the meantime, Youtube doesn't show evidence of widespread hacking in SWTOR.
Somewhere in the darkness, the Scrapper he broke even
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Tommey's Avatar


Tommey
03.19.2013 , 05:33 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
More of my time wasted, but I did as you asked . I suspect you didn't look yourself before typing out your reply, as shown by the way you messed up writing a forum post. I won't mention whether you have a clue at playing SWTOR.

Anyway, 22 vids for "SWTOR hacks PvP" again, this time in the last month.

8 x Minecraft vids (eh?)
2 x advertising
1 x some other game trailer (Wolfire)
6 x game vids (4 x SWTOR PvP fight vids; 1 x French guild take Ilum World Boss; 1 x Corellia PvP event)
4 x people calling lag or bugs hacks (my favourite is complaining that Physics on Shadowlands are hacking in huttball - 10 mins so didn't watch it all, maybe they were - but I suspect not. They're a recognised good PvP guild and don't need hacks to smash randoms in huttball)
1 x advert for hacks - in some game called "Shakes & Fidget"

So no, still no evidence. Seriously, you would feel happier if you let go of the prejudice that PvP is full of hacking. Don't get locked into identifying yourself with a "cause" that's based on misperception, as it seems some have let themselves be. But in the meantime, Youtube doesn't show evidence of widespread hacking in SWTOR.
I'm sorry i don't know how to write a forum post as i was not aware that you would nit pick how I write on a video game forum. would you prefer i use MLA? As long as you can read it i could care less. I'm writing a post on a video game forum, not an essay for my english professor.
I never said it was full of hacking, but it is a prevalent problem.
Oh, but there is evidence and you admited it yourself. That would be ginger. It doesn't matter if he's banned or not, it's still evidence.

Wainamoinen's Avatar


Wainamoinen
03.19.2013 , 06:31 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Tommey View Post
It doesn't matter if he's banned or not, it's still evidence.
Thread title:
"So are we actually going to see any meaningful action taken to stop the hacking"

Is banning someone meaningful? Is breaking the speedhack from a year ago (which the vid dates show Bioware have done) meaningful action? Perhaps you'd be satisfied with Bioware launching a pre-emptive nuclear strike on Gingers' house? Sadly the UN may object - after the event - if they tried the latter.

What evidence there is, shows hacking isn't a great problem. Which is rather the point.

Look, I'm a bit irritted, but trying not to be abrasive as I don't really want to have a go at you. I'm just trying to point out that cheating isn't as widespread as a section of players seem to think (and reinforce that belief by telling each other it is). You really seemed to think that Youtube was full of videos showing the game was riddled with cheating - it isn't, as our exchange has shown.

I enjoy the game, and PvP, and I really would like more people to enjoy it too. That's why I'm going on trying to show that PvP ISN'T ruined by rampant cheating (it might be ruined by rampant Smashing, or expertise, or gear, or nerfs to Crit, or even teams of stunlocking ops, but that's another matter and probably just down to opinion).

If you go back and try PvP with an open mind, accept that lag happens, the game's a bit buggy, sometimes you're simply outmatched, and there are an awful lot of abilites to keep track of so not everything is cheating - then you might find you're enjoying yourself. Which would be a Good Thing, from everyone's point of view.
Somewhere in the darkness, the Scrapper he broke even
Ilmarinen 60 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)