Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jedi Covenant

iSoldat
03.18.2013 , 06:06 PM | #21
When logged into my imps on JC, our guild is extremely strong with the pve content. NmP, ECnM, 10 stack DT and TFBHM are all farm status. My pub toons were struggling with ECSM as our servers were merging. PVP is not a primary in our imp guild.

The argument that casual PVPr's don't understand team work, have never see our guild in action in an PVE instance. IMHO, PVP on JC is dead, not necessarily because of the players, but because BW/EA hasn't addressed the issue of balance in regards to teams vs. pugs. When I queue on my imps, I do understand team unlike some of the other puggers and it is frustrating. The lack of content after our op timers are counting down lead to boredom. The boredom gives time to pug since most of the pvers chose not to queue. That boredom lead to un-subbing (25 days remaining.)

I started the thread to see if BW will/would finally address the issue of balance with regards to pugs vs. premades. Without the opposing factions battling in the WZs, it is boring and not a recipe for success.

Eillack
03.18.2013 , 09:10 PM | #22
Pre-50 sucks so bad for Imps.

I thank God for the xp weekend to boost my sniper to 50. Glad to be in better Wz's with a challenge instead of 99% loss.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

KhalDrogoe
03.19.2013 , 12:30 AM | #23
Pre-50 WZ's for imps on JC is probably the worst experience PvP'ing I've had in this game... ever. Voidstar is also the worst WZ they ever came up with because I have to rely on pugs to defend the doors. It sucks being one of the few capable players on the Imp side because I feel the republicans cue in on me and I always have 4 glowsticks whacking on me like a pinata.

The Imp pugs don't know PvP rotations, positioning, target priority, proper CC use, importance of WZ consumable use, stim use, rebuff after you die, and how to right click on their target to mark a healer. I play a mercenary (yes I know one of the most gimped toons to PvP with) and even when I'm just goofing off in WZ's like node hassling or headhunting I still get twice as much damage as a typical pug playing a smasher, and it blows my mind.

Empire~ Unicorn Stampede

rlamela
03.19.2013 , 12:53 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Eillack View Post
Pre-50 sucks so bad for Imps.

I thank God for the xp weekend to boost my sniper to 50. Glad to be in better Wz's with a challenge instead of 99% loss.
pre-50 pvp sucks on both sides. Just thinking of doing a lowbie warzone makes me want to uninstall the game. I'm so not lookin forward to getting put back in lowbie pvp when 2.0 goes live.

Jenna'syyde

rlamela
03.19.2013 , 01:00 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post
Pre-50 WZ's for imps on JC is probably the worst experience PvP'ing I've had in this game... ever. Voidstar is also the worst WZ they ever came up with because I have to rely on pugs to defend the doors. It sucks being one of the few capable players on the Imp side because I feel the republicans cue in on me and I always have 4 glowsticks whacking on me like a pinata.

The Imp pugs don't know PvP rotations, positioning, target priority, proper CC use, importance of WZ consumable use, stim use, rebuff after you die, and how to right click on their target to mark a healer. I play a mercenary (yes I know one of the most gimped toons to PvP with) and even when I'm just goofing off in WZ's like node hassling or headhunting I still get twice as much damage as a typical pug playing a smasher, and it blows my mind.

Empire~ Unicorn Stampede
PROTIP for you. This works 100% of the time. When you want pugs to attack a certain person (like a healer) Then what you need to do is Target Mark everyone except the person who you want them to attack. If Pugs see a target marker on an enemy they will not attack them. I've tested this many times and I promise you it works.

Crackroxx

ace_boogie
03.19.2013 , 03:16 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post
PROTIP for you. This works 100% of the time. When you want pugs to attack a certain person (like a healer) Then what you need to do is Target Mark everyone except the person who you want them to attack. If Pugs see a target marker on an enemy they will not attack them. I've tested this many times and I promise you it works.

Crackroxx
This sounds so stupid that it HAS to be true...
K'senža

KhalDrogoe
03.19.2013 , 05:55 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by rlamela View Post

Crackroxx
Haha! So Pugs mode of thinking is that if they're marked... someone else has dibs on them... I'll have to give it a shot! And way to steal my catch phrase =P

Carter_Mathis
03.19.2013 , 06:15 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by iSoldat View Post
Have the imps stopped queuing? Every match I joined last night on my guardian was pub v pub. Talk about boring...
Yes, every single imperial collectively gathered and refused to queue anymore
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

Solarenergy
03.20.2013 , 09:32 AM | #29
Even the under-50 bracket doesn't seem too good for imps on this server. Yesterday I rolled a new character, a shadow. I went in and won the first 8 warzones I played in a row. Overall, I played 11 warzones on this shadow last, night won 9 out of the 11, including a couple of comeback wins and a few total blowouts. It didn't used to be so bad and Imps would actually win a decent amount of times in that bracket. But it seems like every day, more of the good players quit playing for the Empire, and either go to other servers or play for the Republic. Hence the Republic gets even more stacked with great players, and the Empire suffers more, and the imbalance gets larger and larger.

foxmob
03.20.2013 , 10:24 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Solarenergy View Post
Even the under-50 bracket doesn't seem too good for imps on this server. Yesterday I rolled a new character, a shadow. I went in and won the first 8 warzones I played in a row. Overall, I played 11 warzones on this shadow last, night won 9 out of the 11, including a couple of comeback wins and a few total blowouts. It didn't used to be so bad and Imps would actually win a decent amount of times in that bracket. But it seems like every day, more of the good players quit playing for the Empire, and either go to other servers or play for the Republic. Hence the Republic gets even more stacked with great players, and the Empire suffers more, and the imbalance gets larger and larger.
i only lowbie 1-3 wz's a day on my jugg to get the daily. but it's usually just one cuz it's a win. lowbie is a complete crap shoot. i do notice more premades on rep side, but they are much much much less impressive than a 50s premade. lowbie is all about gear > class > level > ratio of idiots : not idiots. and the idiots thing is as much a problem on rep side. i put those factors in a hierarchy, but in truth, any one of them will determine a win/lose.

e.g., a geared PT pyro can carry 3 failbots in CW, NC. and in hb, depending on the PT's level/abils. no one player can carry 3 bads at 50 except a jugg/guard in hb.
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.