Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

bright_ephemera
03.18.2013 , 10:09 PM | #2931
Striges, I didn't mention the malicious glee rising in me as I read your Customs story. It's such a Smuggler thing to happen – I could see Han Solo scrambling to clear this situation up.

Now some NotLP – Health for Vierce. Neither particularly goofy nor particularly dark. No game spoilers. 600 words.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Damask_Rose
03.18.2013 , 10:23 PM | #2932
I'm such a sad panda now
Unity 3d tutorials http://www.burgzergarcade.com/
Friends referral for free character transfer and unlocks
http://www.swtor.com/r/Z9xhHv

Striges
03.18.2013 , 10:45 PM | #2933
@ Ves: Eeg, Quinn with an Agent’s personality and something resembling a conscience. Definitely a non-sympathetic Quinn. The difference between what he saying and what he’s thinking is cringeworthy. Well done.

@ Bright: I originally planned to have them get quarantined for something equally innocuous. Like vegetables.

Poor Vierce. That’s a scuba diver with an allergy to neoprene. Having something go wrong with breathing apparatus on a planet where such apparatus is mandatory had got to be scary.

And here’s some NoLP from me:

Prompt: Alternate Perspectives or The Morning After (take your pick)

Title: The Morning Before

Character: Kaliyo in Rixik’s Universe (because I can’t get this out of my head)

This occurs just prior to The Morning After. Nothing I would consider a spoiler if you know Kaliyo and have played much past the opening Agent quests, other than a look at her mindset.

Spoiler

Tatile
03.19.2013 , 05:16 AM | #2934
Striges - Kaliyo is mean. Does she have any idea how hard it is to get crisp folds on sheets without an iron? D:<

Vesaniae - Quinn is the model of the perfect agent. He's battling his personal feelings to do his mission, in spite of the fact that said mission goes directly against what he suggested to a superior. You say he's not sympathetic, but he's being forced into a relationship he doesn't want with a woman he finds greatly distasteful. He sees her as a weak Sith because of the Empire's definition of what Sith are and then he is forced to work under her (even if does work for Baras), and that in turn is dangerous for his career. He's selfish, yes, but his lack of understanding and poor attitude toward Tessa strike me far more as being the results of his upbringing in Imperial society and the position Darth Baras has put him in, rather than being merely the total of his personality.

But then I like my Imps :x

Striges
03.19.2013 , 08:06 AM | #2935
Another drive-by.

Prompt: To Market, To Market

Character: Kirya Bilali

No spoilers. Technically, the inspiration was an in-character bug report I sent in ages ago.

Spoiler

YoshiRaphElan
03.19.2013 , 09:29 AM | #2936
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
Another drive-by.

Prompt: To Market, To Market

Character: Kirya Bilali

No spoilers. Technically, the inspiration was an in-character bug report I sent in ages ago.

Spoiler
Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

Guess they were authentic!

Tatile
03.19.2013 , 01:19 PM | #2937
Striges - there needs to be more strip pazaak. All the time.

bright_ephemera
03.19.2013 , 06:26 PM | #2938
To Market, To Market for Wynston. (And Kaliyo, because she's suddenly very popular, at least in my head?) Sometime late in Act 1 of his class line, I think; no game spoilers. 800 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Tatile
03.19.2013 , 06:38 PM | #2939
I cannot fault Kaliyo for trying, but Wynston's logic is flawless.

I really need to do a Relaxed Jumpsuit version, but Rochester is way too body conscious to be walking around with his impressive body on display.

Striges
03.19.2013 , 08:17 PM | #2940
I love the face that the covert armor actually does work and that Kaliyo is its first victim. I've never thought about what the armor would actually feel like from either perspective--wearing or attacking.

Strip-pazaak with covert energy armor: completely missing the point.

(btw they have covert energy boots now. And belts. Can trousers be far behind?)