Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To many hackers !!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
To many hackers !!!

Thrasymicus
03.18.2013 , 01:43 PM | #21
It's kind of pathetic. With just a quick Google search i found so many websites that show how to hack to game and list all of the hacks and exploits. I wish BW would do something about the hacks because this is just embarassing for them. They have no control over their game
Guild Master of My Schwartz Is Bigger

May the Schwartz be with you!

biowareftw
03.18.2013 , 01:45 PM | #22
Things I often see mistaken for hacks.

1. Voidstar. You have the same amount of doors down, yet the other team wins. People think someone "speedhacked" to the next door.

Answer? They opened the same amount of doors you did in less time. The game finishes there. No one hacked anything.

2. Speedhacking.

Answer? Marauder/sents carnage/combat specs (you will see the Ataru form on their character, it is yellowish/orange, as opposed to blue/red), can group sprint people at 80 percent speed. Add to that? Force sprint can be used in stealth by sins/shadows.

3. Immune to CC.

Answer. Everyone hit them with their cc at once. This is a no no. Add to that sins/shadow can go force immune/tech immune. I have this happen all the time on my shadow (too much CC on one target). I will vanish/stealth and stealth cc, to prevent a fresh spawn from hitting our capper. I sit there waiting for them to trinket so I can stun them. What does someone do? Runs up and hits/dots them, or worse stuns them. Now they trinket and are at full resolve (white bar on their char). They can't be CC'd.

Am I saying there are no exploits? No. There are exploits in every game. Do I see them less in this game then others? Definitely. GW2 is far worse and so is WoW.
Einstein's relativity work is a magnificent mathematical garb which fascinates, dazzles and makes people blind to the underlying errors. The theory is like a beggar clothed in purple whom ignorant people take for a king... its exponents are brilliant men but they are metaphysicists rather than scientists.- Nikola Tesla - New York Times (11 July 1935)

LarryRow
03.18.2013 , 02:08 PM | #23
Speed hacks seem to be dwindling, but people intentionally causing lag seems to be on the rise. This is all anecdotal of course, but I haven't seen suspiciously fast people much at all lately, yet I have seen quite a few occurrences of lag happening at very convenient times for the other team. In one case I was able to verify it with several folks in the ops group that we had lag right as someone went for a node.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Pistols-GS
03.18.2013 , 02:18 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
Speed hacks seem to be dwindling, but people intentionally causing lag seems to be on the rise. This is all anecdotal of course, but I haven't seen suspiciously fast people much at all lately, yet I have seen quite a few occurrences of lag happening at very convenient times for the other team. In one case I was able to verify it with several folks in the ops group that we had lag right as someone went for a node.
Yeah this one is tough, because in all honesty, the server latency of late has been shoddy at best. Not sure what happened stability wise in this game, but the servers have gotten worse somehow (latency/studdering). Not gonna call h4xxors on lag switchers and what not, but it seems to be the norm no matter what time of day.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

JouerTue
03.18.2013 , 03:56 PM | #25
i've watched a few vids on youtube, the most about speed hacking and i've never seen that ********. i hope i won't! i played online games which were so much worse than this one..but i would not know how to report such a shame..maybe signaling the instance, time, server..

Nomaad
03.18.2013 , 04:47 PM | #26
On my server a couple of guilds have been known to use hacks and cheats, they have been reported numerous times, and they are still playing, in fact, when they are confronted about it, they brag how how they are still playing, and nothing can be done about it. Exept for people putting them on ignore, or better yet, cancel their subs due to bw's lack of oversight.

Crawelc
03.18.2013 , 05:02 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Nomaad View Post
On my server a couple of guilds have been known to use hacks and cheats, they have been reported numerous times, and they are still playing, in fact, when they are confronted about it, they brag how how they are still playing, and nothing can be done about it. Exept for people putting them on ignore, or better yet, cancel their subs due to bw's lack of oversight.
The last part of this is the best single thing I can think of anyone doing to solve this problem. Maybe if we get enough exit polls showing people leaving because of this they will actually wake up and pay attention. Not me of course. I still have fun playing the game since I know they are here and dont play their game. I play my own. Someone once called it hallowball, I call it Imprimisolo. Come take my node, please.
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

Arlanon
03.18.2013 , 05:57 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs
The lag issue though - whole nother topic. When the lag is directly centered around ONE player and when that one player dies, things return to normal, it's gotta be more than coincidence.
i get this quite a bit. I'm not sure if it's something suspicious or just a glitch in bioware's DoS Attack software

Rincewend
03.18.2013 , 08:39 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
i get this quite a bit. I'm not sure if it's something suspicious or just a glitch in bioware's DoS Attack software
I see lag at very convient times, Capping, last ramp to score the ball, etc. Is it a lag switch or server issues? who knows, can Bioware even tell anymore? Since Friday I have been getting my first ever lag spikes, even in pve areas.

CrazyOldMystic
03.18.2013 , 09:09 PM | #30
I know sorcs have a force run ability, but I swear I have seen a sorc move half across the area, whenever I start attacking him. More quicker then any other ability. More then likely this is a bug. Ive seen some strange things in the way of auto scores in huttball, and bombs being planted allot faster then they should be. I could be wrong on the last. Hacks and bugs, not easy to sort out while your trying to kill another player.