Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Free Battle Droid?!?!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kadra
03.17.2013 , 10:08 AM | #41
I got a copy of BF3, also account in BF P4F with some money spent on game items, but I haven't received any e-mails from BW about any pets. Seems pretty unfair if it's for new accounts only.

Dedman
03.17.2013 , 12:08 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
Thread about that poped up yesterday, it also list Battlefield Heroes as petgiving source.
yep , I got one for Battlefield Heroes. I looked all over my account page here and didn't see any way to claim it, haven't actually played Heroes since shortly after beta
"The Sith Empire will burn brightly, like a supernova, dwarfing the complacent Republic. We shall hold the entire galaxy in our grasp."
―Naga Sadow

Jagrevi
03.17.2013 , 01:43 PM | #43
Do people really like the little battle-droid pets? Why would any class carry one around with them? To scare away squirrels?
Planned Twi'lek Scoundrel

Jerba
03.18.2013 , 02:45 PM | #44
Now that the weekend is over, it would be great to get a yellow response on

A. How much we have to progress in those other games in order to be eligible for the pets and receive an e-mail, and

B. Can we - who are already playing SWTOR - get those pets, or are they only for new accounts?

Thanks in advance!

EricMusco
03.18.2013 , 03:23 PM | #45 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jerba View Post
Now that the weekend is over, it would be great to get a yellow response on

A. How much we have to progress in those other games in order to be eligible for the pets and receive an e-mail, and

B. Can we - who are already playing SWTOR - get those pets, or are they only for new accounts?

Thanks in advance!
I have the answer to these two questions which I think is what most people are looking for (especially B)

A. In order to get the pet you will have to have received the email mentioning the pet promotion. Then you would need to create a new SWTOR account with that email address. That account will then, at a later date, receive the pet.

B. At this moment subscribers cannot get the items, no. This was intended as a cross-promotion to other EA free-2-play games. However, I can tell you that subscribers will have access to these items in the future. We are still working out both the when and the how. I will share any details as I get them.

Hope that answers your questions!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Darkwords
03.18.2013 , 03:29 PM | #46
Here we go with all the MEMEME gimme...I want my blah blah blah self- entitled whine calves in game...get over the pixeled-useless-pet ferchrissakes.

Jacen_Starsolo
03.18.2013 , 03:32 PM | #47
Good thing I find pets disturbing to begin with in this game. If they never let subs get those, I wouldn't care.

EA is lucky I'm using what little games they put out already. Not trying those other craps.

Jerba
03.18.2013 , 03:33 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I have the answer to these two questions which I think is what most people are looking for (especially B)

A. In order to get the pet you will have to have received the email mentioning the pet promotion. Then you would need to create a new SWTOR account with that email address. That account will then, at a later date, receive the pet.

B. At this moment subscribers cannot get the items, no. This was intended as a cross-promotion to other EA free-2-play games. However, I can tell you that subscribers will have access to these items in the future. We are still working out both the when and the how. I will share any details as I get them.

-eric
Thanks for the response! It's great to know that I do not need to put those pets on my "missing pets" list for now and can focus on getting the remaining Cartel Market pets.
If you could allow subscribers to get the pets at a later date like you mentioned, that would be terrific! Looking forward to it.

DarthVitrial
03.18.2013 , 03:38 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

-eric
Aw.....I went to all the trouble of signing up for every game mentioned in this topic just so I could get the pets.

That said, I'm glad to hear we subscribers will be getting access to them in the future! Thanks for that.

Lostpenguins
03.18.2013 , 03:41 PM | #50
It's a reskin so it doesn't phase me. Even if it wasn't a reskin it wouldn't phase be beyond, "Oh, that's cool." And that'd be it.

Playing WoW and Rift I saw plenty of pets that were exclusive to special promotions. The early Blizzcon's gave you a pet and/or costume and such that you can only get if you were lucky enough to get tickets. I saw an owl in Rift that some people got for attending some event in London. I'm not flying from So Cal to Londer just for a pet.

And I didn't hate them for it. Nor was I upset at the parent companies.

This is a promotion. Kudos to you, BW.