Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we get a response on the Ilum Boosting please?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we get a response on the Ilum Boosting please?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Keffeine
03.18.2013 , 10:20 AM | #1
As the title suggests, I think we're all waiting for a response on the practice of grinding from 1X - 50 on Ilum by killing the same Heroic mobs over and over again. It's hardly a heroic experience, and there are many differing opinions on it, which I'd rather not get into here.

Personally, I enjoyed getting a few levels on my Sniper with the method, which was otherwise going to lie dormant until I got a couple other alts to 50, so I'm not exactly against it. I do however recognise the long-term detriments of this quick level grind.

I say let everyone who's already done it keep their levels, but patch it up so that only level 45+ will get bolstered on Ilum.

Asheris
03.18.2013 , 10:23 AM | #2
tl;dr
I have done it, it was cool. Now don't let anyone else get it!

Seriously, why bother? Don't like people playing end-game content with you? I am happy more 50's come with every day.

Andryah
03.18.2013 , 10:29 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Asheris View Post
tl;dr

Seriously, why bother? Don't like people playing end-game content with you? I am happy more 50's come with every day.
This was my impression as well.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Turshek
03.18.2013 , 10:30 AM | #4
tl;dr

Because it's not good for the game.

Even without rhe 2xXP weekends, it's already way too easy to level in this game and there's really too many people that reach 50 without understanding how to play PvE in a group or do warzones. The more you simplifie leveling, the less people understand their class, their role and how to behave in a group.

Beaunidle
03.18.2013 , 10:32 AM | #5
I'm not waiting for a response on this.

I think it's a cheesy and incredibly dull way to level so I didn't do it, however I couldn't care less if other people did.

Wraiven
03.18.2013 , 10:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
This was my impression as well.
That's what I was hearing, too. I did not indulge myself with that method personally, but it was not because I did not approve, it was for the simple fact that I have no clue what Bioware's stance is on it and felt it was not worth the risk to find out the hard way.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Asheris
03.18.2013 , 10:37 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Turshek View Post

Even without rhe 2xXP weekends, it's already way too easy to level in this game and there's really too many people that reach 50 without understanding how to play PvE in a group or do warzones. The more you simplifie leveling, the less people understand their class, their role and how to behave in a group.
People level for lvl 10 to 50 doing flashpoints and still are oblivious as far as their role goes. Same for PvP.

But there are lots of people coming from other MMOs who know exactly what to do and/or are quick learners of new mechanics. They want to get to lvl 50 asap and I can't blame them - it gets tedious on your 5th+ alt.

Wraiven
03.18.2013 , 10:38 AM | #8

That has nothing to do with how "easy" it is to level in this game. It has to do with the mentality of the player.

I have yet to play a game that I did not consider it "easy" to level up in. If I had found a game like what you describe when I first started playing MMO's back in 2005, I would not be playing them today. I'm not in to beating myself up and getting stuck with time sinks. I will stay with a game if it is fun, not if it takes forever to get a single character to max level.
Republic: Krulex (Shadow) Kn (Guardian) Krll (Sentinel) Wanatrime (Vanguard)
Imperial: Wraiven (Assassin) Krullous (Marauder) Krawl (Jugg) Xin (Jugg)
♠♠♠ The Soulstalker Legacy ♠♠♠
-FIGHT-

Arkerus
03.18.2013 , 10:42 AM | #9

I don't even use the power level technique but this post is just pure bullocks.

The whole "people need to sweat, bleed and stumble" their way to 50 is just a talking point people use to feel special. It's just like when people complain about how hard they had it but no one else has to hard. The more 50s the game has the better we all are.

The leveling process does very little to force ANYONE to understand their class. Need I remind you the leveling process does NOT force you to group. It does NOT force you into flashpoints and it does NOT force anyone to play their class "properly".

The whole, "I want to feel special because I'm 50" attitude needs to end.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

BaronV
03.18.2013 , 10:43 AM | #10
tl;dr

QFT...

OP you have Snowflake syndrome much? Or just a need to dictate to everyone else how to play the game?
I used to be a Jedi like you - until I took a blaster bolt to the knee