Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

To the new SWTOR players...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
To the new SWTOR players...

ApplesOfDyscord
03.16.2013 , 02:24 PM | #1
I was just wondering how are the new players (like myself) are taking to this game? Are you having more fun as a Republic figure or a Sith figure. Do you enjoy doing solo runs or roaming with a group? Personally I'm having a flippin blast playing as a fem Sith Inquisitor, I never knew being evil was so much fun. I am slowing learning my way around, and some of the people in the GenChat are very helpful. Anywho I was just curious.

~Apples

Jayshames
03.16.2013 , 02:31 PM | #2
Really depends what server you're on and what time of day it is. Sometimes it can be full of friendly people, and other times not so friendly.

ToFN can be rather annoying at times due to the amount of people who intentionally troll in general chat or just act like idiots for no reason. Then again, it's nice to have a guild so I can just ignore general and speak to guildies.

I'm glad you're enjoying it!
SCOTLAND

juiiiiiiiiiiiice
03.16.2013 , 07:09 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ApplesOfDyscord View Post
I was just wondering how are the new players (like myself) are taking to this game? Are you having more fun as a Republic figure or a Sith figure. Do you enjoy doing solo runs or roaming with a group? Personally I'm having a flippin blast playing as a fem Sith Inquisitor, I never knew being evil was so much fun. I am slowing learning my way around, and some of the people in the GenChat are very helpful. Anywho I was just curious.

~Apples
Omg ik what u mean. Before its to late become a sith sorceror!!! Not an assassin! Trust me please you gotta believe sorceror is awesome im a lvl 20

ApplesOfDyscord
03.16.2013 , 09:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by juiiiiiiiiiiiice View Post
Omg ik what u mean. Before its to late become a sith sorceror!!! Not an assassin! Trust me please you gotta believe sorceror is awesome im a lvl 20
Arugh!! Its too late! I became an Assassin! I was THIS close to picking the Sorceror THIS close!

Darkyurine
03.17.2013 , 02:21 PM | #5
Always remember, peace is a lie, there is only passion...
The higher the lvl your assassin becomes, the better it is. Just one bit of advice. Don't YouTube the story of the assassin. I've been playin this character part time since Christmas. I got a little impatient with the story and you tubed it. It's like reading a great book and reading the last chapter first...spoiler.
My only concern though is how addictive it can be. I stay up till wee hours in the morning on weekends to play. It is particularly difficult this weekend because of the 2x XP points. DAMN YOU SWTOR!
No matter where you are...there you are.

ApplesOfDyscord
03.17.2013 , 03:35 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkyurine View Post
Always remember, peace is a lie, there is only passion...
The higher the lvl your assassin becomes, the better it is. Just one bit of advice. Don't YouTube the story of the assassin. I've been playin this character part time since Christmas. I got a little impatient with the story and you tubed it. It's like reading a great book and reading the last chapter first...spoiler.
My only concern though is how addictive it can be. I stay up till wee hours in the morning on weekends to play. It is particularly difficult this weekend because of the 2x XP points. DAMN YOU SWTOR!
Actually it was because of YouTube that I got SWTOR in the first place! I was looking at this one chicks MassEffect Citadel DLC and she also had some SW up too. I didn't look at all of them but I glanced at the Bounty Hunter one it intrigued me enough to want to buy the game.

Enteum
03.17.2013 , 04:56 PM | #7
I am really enjoying this game. Been playing a little under a month now. The story quests are really cool. Having fun on Republic at the moment but I want to make a Sith too and a Bounty Hunter. Went with Jedi Knight first off, I mean, what's Star Wars without Jedi?

Generally people are friendly and helpful. They seem so much more "grown up" than in other mmo. I've come across a few sarcastic individuals, but not many. All in all, I find this community to be very pleasing. I can say I will be on this game quite a long while :/

Regards.

Cambolini
03.17.2013 , 05:47 PM | #8
I've been playing for 5 weeks, having fun.
Mainly levelling solo, level 42 Merc.
Joined a guild last week, great bunch of people and many laughs are had.
Have only run 2 FPs but had a great time. Solo DPSd the HK droid as our other DPS got knocked off the platform and spent 10mins running back lol. And the surprise worm bonus boss had us all surprised.
Currently really enjoying the BH storyline, companions are coming thick and fast and got most of my abilities, rotation learned and nearly all orange gear.

scarlet_magpie
03.18.2013 , 04:41 AM | #9
I have been playing around a month or so, and became a sub within the first week! My main is a lvl 27 merc, but I also levelled a Sith Assassin, a Sith Jugg and an agent sniper to lvl 15 too, as I wanted to check out all the story and abilities! It's awesome, as I now have the ability to make all my own mods/arnmouring and enhancements etc , so my adaptive armours are very effective!
I am enjoying the game immensely, I find the community not only freindlier than other games, but also funnier! I love the fact that I often chuckle out loud at the chat
I am still in "don't miss a single quest" mode, and am enjoying playing around on the GTN.
I'll level in time... there ain't no rush .
Glad you're having fun, for me it's nice to be a noob again!!!

tgokovenant
03.18.2013 , 09:36 AM | #10
I absolutely love this game. Played the first time the whole night through. Subbed the next day! I started as a Jedi knight but decided to try a sith warrior, and the dark side is so much more fun. After reaching lvl 10 as a Jedi, I got tired of being lectured by NPC's about my decisions. Now I've got a lvl 29 fem pure blood marauder. It's a great story line so far. Gonna start up a sith jugg and an assassin soon. Wanna eventually experience everything this awesome game has to offer.
Lek'saen (Sorcerer) | Lek'san (Marauder) | Lek'sara (PowerTech)
Red Eclipse