Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hi a noobie here

jmexhile
03.16.2013 , 11:47 PM | #1
well im not all that new to Swtor but I am just confused on a few things about the missions ... I want to understand how to be a better player as much as I can but I need help when I go for operations or flashpoints I end up bombing it due to me not having a enough experience to certain bosses but I watch the videos for tips on how to fight one and my team ends up doing the complete opposite but still giving good results
Another thing ...well its a pet peeve but I hate how I try doing ops and flashpoints to get better equipment and a stronger knight but most of the time I join a game some people say it either in a nice way or a bad way tell me that I am not a high enough geared player to be in there game and then I am booted off im fed up and just get off and don't wanna play
my last one and this one is embarrassing but I don't know where to go to do the new flashpoints or ops starting from terror from beyond I think I actually am quite confused how to get someone to do these missions with me so that I can level up even better and faster
Help Star wars community....Your my only hope

shyroman
03.17.2013 , 06:43 AM | #2
The first thing you should do is get into an active guild if you aren't in one already. Guild members are much more patient with helping you gear up and running the fights than pugs. If you don't want that, then start off by getting full columi by doing hm flashpoints and ev/kp sm through group finder. I'm assuming you already got your free tionese. Doing dailies will get you your rakata implants and your relics. Once you get that, do ev/kp hm to get some rakata pieces, and by that time, you should also have enough black hole comms to get a bh piece or two. If someone doesn't let you in their group for either ec sm or tfb sm once you have columi/rakata mix with some bh pieces, then they don't understand that you are perfectly geared for it and that they don't have to carry you. It's best to just avoid them.
Ryann-Sniper; Apophas-Marauder; Jesseca-Operative
Chrisia-Shadow; Ryannack-Sorcerer; Ryanner-Powertech
Jedi Covenant

Flintfire
03.17.2013 , 07:50 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by shyroman View Post
The first thing you should do is get into an active guild if you aren't in one already. Guild members are much more patient with helping you gear up and running the fights than pugs. If you don't want that, then start off by getting full columi by doing hm flashpoints and ev/kp sm through group finder. I'm assuming you already got your free tionese. Doing dailies will get you your rakata implants and your relics. Once you get that, do ev/kp hm to get some rakata pieces, and by that time, you should also have enough black hole comms to get a bh piece or two. If someone doesn't let you in their group for either ec sm or tfb sm once you have columi/rakata mix with some bh pieces, then they don't understand that you are perfectly geared for it and that they don't have to carry you. It's best to just avoid them.
You're right. A good guild will want to help you out to get that gear, not just kick you out. My guild does this thing where you let items go unless it helps your stats, for example warriors get dibs on strength, etc. So if you find a guild like that you should be geared after a few flashpoints/operations.
Infyrno Lvl 55 Infyrnus Lvl 54
Leiptr Lvl 55 Venaticus Lvl 44
Krrayt Lvl 55 Evisceran Lvl 55
Sleipe Lvl 55