Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'm gonna get flamed, but double exp really sucks for me

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
I'm gonna get flamed, but double exp really sucks for me

Beastfury
03.16.2013 , 02:48 PM | #41
What is there to discuss? Things are simple: some (probably most...) like double exp. A bunch of other people do not, But bioware decided to screw them, and instead of spending an extra hour to figure out a way to make it a toggle they just forced it down your throat. There is a reason rested exp is given differently based on where you log out, it is so you have a CHOICE. Bioware took it away from me, i am clearly not alone who feels this way.

Rafaman
03.16.2013 , 03:37 PM | #42
As I've said there are ways to manage this if you want too. But it's up to you. Sounds like some of you are hurt regardless... nothing I can do about that.

BW did not decided to screw you over. It wasn't on the road map. It is an unintended consequence as I'm sure they weren't trying to alienate you guys that have an issue. But... who would have thought this would be a problem?

Personally... I'd rather they not spend the dev time to address it now. Sorry... I'd prefer the keep grinding on patch 2.0 and Makeb now. But, its not up to me, thank god.

Screaming_Ziva
03.16.2013 , 05:52 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Korse View Post
Now I see that there are groups of low levels with at least one guy 45+ on Ilum (someone has to accept the heroic mission, spawn the packs, then reset his mission) making tons of experience per minute (five figures). I understand situations like this are just magnets for people who enjoy short circuiting what's going on. The game lets you do it, so why not? I obviously enjoy leveling, but I know most people are going to prefer having free 50s instead.
Capt, did you read what I said? People are getting 10-20k experience per minute.

I'm not burned out, just frustrated I couldn't level at that rate if I knew this was going to happen.
Unless the heroic enemies that spawn give ridiculous XP, I don't see how 20k XP per minute is possible. Just for giggles I took my 34 out to Ilum to see if I would even be able to hit anything and I was getting about 550 xp per kill. A pack of 3 took me maybe 30 seconds to kill. With travel time between mobs, that's only about 1,500 xp per minute, no where near 20k per minute like you say.

ivanhedgehog
03.16.2013 , 06:50 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Goare View Post
Seems very much like an exploit then. If its not, mods, please let me know - I'd love to bang out a new 50 in a few hours.
if they didnt insist on shoving every event into pvp land, this wouldnt be a problem. If they wont fix the problem of involuntary flagging, they shouldnt change this. I see the unhappy campers are willing to throw the level 45's under the bus to make themselves happy. what is it with people that get so worked up about what other people are doing, yet wont police themselves.

mulzii
03.16.2013 , 08:44 PM | #45
i can see and respect everyones opinion on this double xp weekend. My only wish is that the buff was manually removable.

Latorn
03.16.2013 , 08:48 PM | #46
I'm so confused, how does this even work?

I wouldn't mind leveling a few alts just so I could breeze through their class story =P ... So long as this isn't exploiting that is.

DawnAskham
03.16.2013 , 10:04 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
Unless the heroic enemies that spawn give ridiculous XP, I don't see how 20k XP per minute is possible. Just for giggles I took my 34 out to Ilum to see if I would even be able to hit anything and I was getting about 550 xp per kill. A pack of 3 took me maybe 30 seconds to kill. With travel time between mobs, that's only about 1,500 xp per minute, no where near 20k per minute like you say.
Just go wander around the pylons, you'll figure it out when you see the mass mob of lowbie players all standing around together half afk while a handful of 50 spawn waves of adds and AOE them down.

Double XP is great, allowing an exploit so bolstered lowbies can get boosted to 50 while afk on Ilum is not.

And OP, you should really change your heading as I like most people saw it as just another whiny thread about not wanting to gain double XP, and not as a thread about a potential exploit.

NogueiraA
03.16.2013 , 11:10 PM | #48
EDIT: I tried to change thread title after requested because it seemed to just be confusing people.

So I enjoy playing this game and have been lucky enough to have ample opportunity to play more than the average player. I also enjoy diversity and made several 50s (10 total right now) because I enjoy doing certain things with different characters. I can level to 50 in under 2 game days, but I've still spent a good amount of time and resources to do so.

Now I see that there are groups of low levels with at least one guy 45+ on Ilum (someone has to accept the heroic mission, spawn the packs, then reset his mission) making tons of experience per minute (five figures). I understand situations like this are just magnets for people who enjoy short circuiting what's going on. The game lets you do it, so why not? I obviously enjoy leveling, but I know most people are going to prefer having free 50s instead.

I guess I'm mostly disappointed in Bioware for something like double experience weekends unless their goal was to let everyone have as many 50s as they wanted going into 2.0, in which case I wish I would have known before I spent time leveling.

Just to complete the awesomeness I'm personally experiencing, make sure all you guys leveling a 50 or 2 (or 3 or 4, depending on how much you play) per day picking up Crew Skills like Slicing and Scavenging for 2.0 to destroy the economy, too.
You're COMPLETELY wrong.

I'm leveling a tank, will be one more tank in group finder EVERY DAY.
I'm leveling a healer, will be one more healer in group frinder EVERY DAY.

I always help people in the planets with heroics, there's so many people doing, you always have a group to do the heroics and low level flashpoint.
Servers are Full or heavy...
GTN prices lowering.
More PVP matches.
More people trading informations in general chat.
More people doing dailies.
People knowing the game, other classes and mechanics.

DarkhorseForLife
03.16.2013 , 11:28 PM | #49
The problem isn't really the double xp weekend, it's the stupid wonky bolster mechanic for the Gree event which basically allows people to AFK level from 14-50 in a raid group in like 10-20 hours.

It cheapens the whole experience for everyone that put the time in to level multiple 50's before. As someone who had 8 50's before the cartel market hit, this feels like a cheap money grab to make sure a large amount of people buy this expansion.
Moxboss, Founder of now defunct <Memories of Xendor> on POT5
Darkhorse, Shadowcolt, Blacksteed, Duskfilly
Dimstallion, Shadepony, Luridfoal, Murkgelding
Check out MoX Parser! Real time raid meters and parsing!

DarkhorseForLife
03.16.2013 , 11:31 PM | #50
To clarify, I'm fine with the double xp weekend and the xp boosts. I just hate this Ilum bolster crap, and I hope they squash it before next weekend.
Moxboss, Founder of now defunct <Memories of Xendor> on POT5
Darkhorse, Shadowcolt, Blacksteed, Duskfilly
Dimstallion, Shadepony, Luridfoal, Murkgelding
Check out MoX Parser! Real time raid meters and parsing!