Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hood On/Off Toggle?

JohnRoy
12.20.2011 , 07:17 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Argolisk View Post
I'm just really surpised half the armor/robe looks we've seen in the Jedi knight class video, class photos, etc seem to be nonexistent in the game. I'm up to level 35 and on Balmorra, and haven't seen any sort of armor/robe combo yet worth taking, and if I want a chestpiece without a hood, my options are to either look like a trooper or take light armor meant for Consulars.

I'm confident Bioware will address this in the future, but i'll feel pretty bummed out if i've already leveled to 50 before I get a chance to see my guy's hair.
Me too. I have a hoodless cape chestpiece I found in the GTN, but I know I will outlevel it soon and I'm already dreading being Baldy McHood again. C'mon, Devs, let us know you hear us and are doing something about this.
Watch my recent Conan appearance here:

http://thecomicscomic.com/2012/02/07...-people-songs/

Argolisk
12.20.2011 , 09:19 PM | #102
I'm seriously thinking about getting the light/medium hoodless piece from Tatooine and using it and just sucking up the loss of Armor.
"Your father was seduced by the PvP dominance of the Empire. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and rerolled as Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was deleted. So what I told you was true... from a certain point of view."

Jorn
12.21.2011 , 12:15 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Argolisk View Post
I'm seriously thinking about getting the light/medium hoodless piece from Tatooine and using it and just sucking up the loss of Armor.
This.
If Revan had been a Mandalorian, nothing in the galaxy would have stopped us. - Mandalore the Preserver
Collector's Edition/Day One Early Access/Founder

JohnRoy
12.21.2011 , 12:16 AM | #104
Someone said there was a heavy moddable hoodless piece on Taris... is this false?

Merwanor
12.21.2011 , 05:27 AM | #105
Been trying to get myself a trooper set because of this, just missing the pants now and i think i got a look that is ok for now. If the devs have not noticed this issue by now, they are not doing their job.
The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.

hurrakan
12.21.2011 , 11:20 AM | #106
I've been REALLY wanting a hood toggle as well.

The character customisation is woefully inadequate - especially for an MMO. And even more so since APB and Eve-Online Incarna.

And please also stop my robe from making my butt look like a table!

CthulhuRyleh
12.21.2011 , 11:56 AM | #107
I think the hoods are great makes you look like a serious Jedi, although a toggle button for when we don't need to be so serious would be nice

JohnRoy
12.21.2011 , 12:19 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Merwanor View Post
Been trying to get myself a trooper set because of this, just missing the pants now and i think i got a look that is ok for now. If the devs have not noticed this issue by now, they are not doing their job.
You look okay, because you look like an entirely different class. The Devs need to think about this: the lack of ANY hoodless options for Guardians is making people dress them up like Troopers and disregard every bit of gear they made for them.

A response please?

mitrikzoltan
12.21.2011 , 12:22 PM | #109
A response from the devs would be great. Maybe if this thread outgrows itself?

Brightblack
12.21.2011 , 01:31 PM | #110
I am currently using an Orange quality chest made for a smuggler - I removed all the mods and put in my own. I imagine I'll use it until endgame. There are also some neat Smuggler head pieces that are available with commendations you can purchase as you level. Same deal: remove unwanted mods, replace as you level with wanted stats.

It results in a pretty cool Smuggler styled Sent. It is a shame though that Bioware doesn't deviate from the bathrobe/housecoat template for Jedi gear.

Everyone wants to look like the archetype they've been promoting all these years.

As a compromise - I'd be willing to accept this.