Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DariusCalera
03.14.2013 , 07:25 PM | #1581
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
Tentative Huzzah!

Lets see what the changes are first >.>
Grav Round still applies the Grav Vortex debuff but no longer causes damage and the sound effect is changed to a 3 year old girl screaming "Tickle Attack!!!"

Phrase
03.14.2013 , 08:15 PM | #1582
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
Grav Round still applies the Grav Vortex debuff but no longer causes damage and the sound effect is changed to a 3 year old girl screaming "Tickle Attack!!!"
And CGC has been changed to proc a little campfire around which we can tell, "Those were the days" stories about pre 1.2.

Sixgun
The Bastion

Jherad
03.14.2013 , 09:35 PM | #1583
I'm going to put my optimistic happy hat on and hope, REALLY hope that the promised changes are good.

The dev comment that they're testing it amongst themselves doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence, but ... HAPPY HAT.

Also, thanks Domatron! I can't for the life of me figure out who you are on Shadowlands though
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zacharïah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

Citinetty
03.14.2013 , 10:27 PM | #1584
damn it. donīt see a buff for Combat Medic Tree
Idiian Tavoun | Combat Medic | VR 90 | R.I.P. Jenjidai
Ardiian Tavoun | Combat Sentinel

|- Kekse für alle -|

Lalainnia
03.14.2013 , 11:01 PM | #1585
Quote: Originally Posted by Citinetty View Post
damn it. donīt see a buff for Combat Medic Tree
^this

but meh its a start I guess.....
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

Jenzali
03.14.2013 , 11:17 PM | #1586
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
The dev comment that they're testing it amongst themselves doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence, but ... HAPPY HAT.
When I saw that sentence I immediately thought of this video with the backpedalling and Missile Blast using Merc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT4cLHU3Yd0

Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Jherad
03.15.2013 , 12:20 AM | #1587
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenzali View Post
When I saw that sentence I immediately thought of this video with the backpedalling and Missile Blast using Merc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT4cLHU3Yd0

Yeah and sweeping blasters against a single target. I know, promotional video, don't read too much into it, but since then, any 'class balance is basically okay' type comment from BW has had me wondering which herpderpers have been testing internally recently.

HAPPY HAT! Stop dragging me down
WFW - Waiting For Wildstar
Zacharïah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

DariusCalera
03.15.2013 , 12:36 AM | #1588
Yeah and sweeping blasters against a single target. I know, promotional video, don't read too much into it, but since then, any 'class balance is basically okay' type comment from BW has had me wondering which herpderpers have been testing internally recently.

HAPPY HAT! Stop dragging me down
I think your happy hat is a bit tight.

Unless they actually do something ground breaking and give commandos/mercs a way to get their damage out consistently under pressure I'm fairly certain any changes will just be the scraps from the table that they did not want to give to any other ranged class.

Domatron
03.15.2013 , 10:38 AM | #1589
I'm going to put my optimistic happy hat on and hope, REALLY hope that the promised changes are good.

Also, thanks Domatron! I can't for the life of me figure out who you are on Shadowlands though
Your biggest imp youtube fan, don't make me rage at you in wzs to get more screentime

Nightkin
03.15.2013 , 11:20 AM | #1590
Quote: Originally Posted by Domatron View Post
Your biggest imp youtube fan, don't make me rage at you in wzs to get more screentime
Haha gotta love fans <3 Really enjoy Zachs movies aswell, been a real inspiration for me
My videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WatcherEight?feature=watch
http://www.twitch.tv/watchertofn

Watcher 1-15 - Tomb of Freedon Nadd: Guild: DRAMA