Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nadia Grell

scraycroft
03.14.2013 , 08:50 AM | #1
Will she ever be an effective melee tank? She puts out more dps than Qyzen but even outfitting her in Shadow Tank Gear from the GTN she still is very squishy, so I have a feeling I'll keep using him. Is she just meant to only be a pure DPS companion?
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
They added alacrity to the gear so you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.

Khevar
03.14.2013 , 04:34 PM | #2
Yeah, she's purely a melee dps companion.

The tanks are Qyzen and Iresso. I like Iresso better, as a ranged tank he seems to switch targets much more quickly.

However, as a healing Sage, I prefer Nadia as she is very easy to gear up (she gets all my Willpower-based hand-me-downs). I also prefer her exsanguination stance.

SoonerJBD
03.14.2013 , 09:46 PM | #3
She does not have any tanking talents, so putting tank gear on her isn't going to do you any good. The good news is that once you get enough gear for yourself and her, you can use her to burn things quickly and not worry about it.

Avorniel
03.25.2013 , 12:55 PM | #4
With my sage (healer) I use Nadia all the time now once I hit 50 ,What I did was use the free Recruit PVP gear on her and kit myself in Tionese armour and apart from she looks really nice,she burns through mobs like they were made of butter. I use her for doing my daily runs and she holds aggro just fine.
I sense a great disturbance in the Force... it's as if a million hamsters suddenly cried out in terror... and suddenly fell silent. Ref:- Raji_Lev

ZeroPlus
03.25.2013 , 01:32 PM | #5
As a DPS (Telekinetics) sage I just couldn't get used to Nadia.

We get her so late in the game that by then I had my routine down with Qyzen: he kept their attention while I burnt them down and kept him alive.

With Nadia, I send her in wait 2 seconds, open up and BAM mobs are on me. Not good. With so many casted abilities getting hit and suffering pushbacks is a big no-no. I used her for about 2 very frustrating hours and then went back to Qyzen.
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

SoonerJBD
03.25.2013 , 08:24 PM | #6
Unless you are pretty well over-geared, it's hard to level with a DPS companion on most toons. Leveling with a tank or healer is usually going to be easier. But if you have the gear, leveling with a DPS companion is fun and fast.