Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Blog: Cartel Reputation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Blog: Cartel Reputation
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

terzappi
03.13.2013 , 07:46 PM | #101
I don't like the cartel reputation.Eaware you have to remove it.

DaRoamer
03.13.2013 , 07:49 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by grombrinda View Post
As for items you get from collectors edition..some have been recolored and sold...so not really unique anymore. The pre- order items, in case you haven't noticed, they will release on cm with different name. So ....
But anyways to call this a "reward" when they are already getting items bought for, and some cases ingame credits for selling said items, I think is what making people mad. I don't think it has to do anything with jealousy but rather feels like a big middle finger to the paying subs who showed their support by staying with the game when over 1 mill (?) subbers left.
The holodancer is available in game? Where can I get it?

The reward part is that you know when you open a pack you always get "something" instead of occasionally getting a pack of stuff that is worth nothing. When someone says "so only the ultra rich and lucky can get this stuff!" then that's just jealousy. There is nothing on those vendors that you need, it's all cosmetic and vanity. I would love a holodancer, I can't get it without buying a collector's edition. I chose not to buy that and save my money and I'm not jealous that those who paid for those boxes got something cool.

grombrinda
03.13.2013 , 08:06 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by DaRoamer View Post

The reward part is that you know when you open a pack you always get "something" instead of occasionally getting a pack of stuff that is worth nothing. When someone says "so only the ultra rich and lucky can get this stuff!" then that's just jealousy. There is nothing on those vendors that you need, it's all cosmetic and vanity. I would love a holodancer, I can't get it without buying a collector's edition. I chose not to buy that and save my money and I'm not jealous that those who paid for those boxes got something cool.
Nice way to spin it, I did say some as in not all. But give it time i'm sure they will call it" Twi'lek memory "or something AND heal you while you look at it.
But yes you are right as you do get something in every pack,which I was pointing out that you do get rewarded for buying the pack with something.And you can turn around and make a profit from it. But now imagine if you had a chance to not get something?? Wouldn't be so popular now would it? Yes you can buy the stuff off gtn but in doing so they are moving away from core game mechanics (I:E: crafting...remember that??)and making everything attainable for real money. If this continues then they should simply remove ALL professions or at least ,leave only mod schems and remove the rest as there is NO purpose what so ever in them now.
Look i'm all for rewards but they should've been something like legacy bound consumables ,like fireworks or class exp boosts, instead of taking away from the game, the paying customer,and overall quality of this game.

Any ways I'll stop now because it's obvious you'll continue to pay regardless of what they put out there. So I'm done.. you win.
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

chuixupu
03.13.2013 , 10:04 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by DaRoamer View Post
The holodancer is actually available through the digital deluxe upgrade which is $5.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Rhess
03.13.2013 , 10:34 PM | #105
Didnt read the thread so i dont know if it has been discussed already.
You guys should make these Cartel Market Certificate LEGACY BIND. it has no reason to not be but screw people.

da_zone
03.13.2013 , 10:58 PM | #106
keep on point people,
this is as constructive and straight to the point as i can think of at the moment.

-I think that this Cartel reputation system has no place next to the other ones it should be far less intrusive and should not taunt us constantly every time we check the reputation tab.

-The way its integrated in to the lore just deeply upsets me from any role-playing perspective (its a constant reminder of real world money and the business side of the game)

-I think the concept of rewarding people who spend money in the Cartel Market and giving them options for getting more vanity items is a great move, but again it is way to intrusive and is presented as a part of the game not the cartel market (witch is the biggest issue i have with the system)

-My suggestion would be making it part of the Cartel Market UI instead of having it as a faction within the game.

-Making the certificates BOL would be a welcome change, i see no reason for keeping it bound to a character.

-The notion of adding more of these real world currency factions in game as time progresses just disappoints me to the point where i want to just stop playing entirely, once again making this tied to the cartel market UI and out of the game systems and lore would probably alleviate most peoples disgust with the matter.

Mowermanx
03.13.2013 , 11:06 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by da_zone View Post
keep on point people,
this is as constructive and straight to the point as i can think of at the moment.

-I think that this Cartel reputation system has no place next to the other ones it should be far less intrusive and should not taunt us constantly every time we check the reputation tab.

-The way its integrated in to the lore just deeply upsets me from any role-playing perspective (its a constant reminder of real world money and the business side of the game)

-I think the concept of rewarding people who spend money in the Cartel Market and giving them options for getting more vanity items is a great move, but again it is way to intrusive and is presented as a part of the game not the cartel market (witch is the biggest issue i have with the system)

-My suggestion would be making it part of the Cartel Market UI instead of having it as a faction within the game.

-Making the certificates BOL would be a welcome change, i see no reason for keeping it bound to a character.

-The notion of adding more of these real world currency factions in game as time progresses just disappoints me to the point where i want to just stop playing entirely, once again making this tied to the cartel market UI and out of the game systems and lore would probably alleviate most peoples disgust with the matter.
Wow da_zone, what a breath of fresh air in an otherwise cesspool of rage.
Clear and precise points, arguments with clear counter argument, and most importantly, some reasoned suggestions.
999 trillion internets to you good sir.

Linyivee
03.14.2013 , 12:25 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaze-Yama View Post
This is more a comment on the cartel system overall, but also has to do with the new reputation. I dislike seeing items being gated behind reputation that can only be earned through spending real/virtual currency. This alienates a subscriber base, who in reality is your most loyal customers.
It alienates both subscribers and preferred customers, for they are both spending money on the system. BioWare seems to think that preferred customers are not paying customers.

Capitalism and freedom are paramount across the board. While companies have a right to raise or lower prices, the consumer also has a right to choose if they want to participate. If the micro-transactions are becoming taxing, the consumer will hold back on making purchases. When a customer is not satisfied with a product, the consumer will always have the option to walk away.

I guess the questions come down to: (a) What type of company does BioWare/EA want to be? (b) Are they willing to risk everything on expensive micro-transactions? (c) How much money are consumers willing to spend?

Many people will walk away without saying anything.

Only time will tell.

Gack
03.14.2013 , 01:33 AM | #109
Just wanted to say thank you bioware I love this game and will continue to financially support you through cartel couns. I've already capped the new rep for the week and have my clickys ready to take me to legendary next week. Looking forward to the future and am appreciativ of your gesture.

Griad
03.14.2013 , 01:35 AM | #110
To be honest i dont give a crap about the rep grind nothing that i want or need this was a complete waste of time to introduce if you ask me time they could have spent fixing bugs and balancing the game.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse