Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Get ready for new Double XP weekends!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Get ready for new Double XP weekends!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Knorlac's Avatar


Knorlac
03.13.2013 , 02:12 PM | #101
Could you please clarify if it will be possible to opt out of this? I already have to take care not to accumulate any rested XP in order to not overlevel content. I like to do every quest with every char I play and doing grey quests where you just breeze through the fights is not fun.

DarthObelisk's Avatar


DarthObelisk
03.13.2013 , 02:15 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Incorrect. Rested experience only affects the killings of NPCs, double XP as a part of this promotion affects literally everything (space, quest rewards, PvP, etc). Technically, this double XP is way better than what you would normally get from rested.

Then, as I listed above you can increase those benefits through boosts and Legacy perks.
Wondering if this effects Valor xp as well ?
cause i would like to get my assassin some more valor before he gets nerfed from what ive seen on pts
Jedi Sentinel 55 Jedi Consular 55 Jedi Shadow 55
Imperial Agent 55 Sith Assassin 55 Sith Sorcerer 55
Sith Warrior 50
Mercenary 55

Kahotep's Avatar


Kahotep
03.13.2013 , 02:15 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Knorlac View Post
Could you please clarify if it will be possible to opt out of this? I already have to take care not to accumulate any rested XP in order to not overlevel content. I like to do every quest with every char I play and doing grey quests where you just breeze through the fights is not fun.
You could do what I do and not play the game at weekends. Meh.

Are we ever going to have double xp Mondays or any other day?

Jonoku's Avatar


Jonoku
03.13.2013 , 02:17 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthObelisk View Post
Wondering if this effects Valor xp as well ?
cause i would like to get my assassin some more valor before he gets nerfed from what ive seen on pts
nope.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Pistols-GS's Avatar


Pistols-GS
03.13.2013 , 02:17 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthObelisk View Post
Wondering if this effects Valor xp as well ?
cause i would like to get my assassin some more valor before he gets nerfed from what ive seen on pts
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Also, just in case anyone was curious (although I haven't seen it brought up directly) this does not also affect things like Valor. The double XP promotion only affects experience gains.

-eric
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

malcher's Avatar


malcher
03.13.2013 , 02:19 PM | #106
Do you plan any way to opt out of the double XP and play with normal gain rate?

DarthObelisk's Avatar


DarthObelisk
03.13.2013 , 02:19 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Pistols-GS View Post
yeah i just saw that
Jedi Sentinel 55 Jedi Consular 55 Jedi Shadow 55
Imperial Agent 55 Sith Assassin 55 Sith Sorcerer 55
Sith Warrior 50
Mercenary 55

James_four's Avatar


James_four
03.13.2013 , 02:20 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Twickers View Post
I'm not disagreeing on the fact that server transfers should have been done quite a while ago, but seriously, every time they do something nice, nobody ever seems greatful.
Any other time I would agree with you. I'm sure this will be quite a success for Bioware. I just can't play that way. This changes the whole dynamic of the game. I am trying to figure out how to go to free to play before my subscription runs out. I'll watch for a while, but I don't think I will be back to being a subscriber and will probably only be free to play for a little while.

swtor is different from Everquest and World of Warcraft and I appreciate that. I have always loved swtor and their bugs and changes never bothered me. I was all about the class storylines and I had plans to play them all again after lvl 50. Double xp has always been the deal breaker for me. I just didn't expect to see it here. I'm rather sad about this.

CelCawdro's Avatar


CelCawdro
03.13.2013 , 02:29 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by James_four View Post
Any other time I would agree with you. I'm sure this will be quite a success for Bioware. I just can't play that way. This changes the whole dynamic of the game. I am trying to figure out how to go to free to play before my subscription runs out. I'll watch for a while, but I don't think I will be back to being a subscriber and will probably only be free to play for a little while.

swtor is different from Everquest and World of Warcraft and I appreciate that. I have always loved swtor and their bugs and changes never bothered me. I was all about the class storylines and I had plans to play them all again after lvl 50. Double xp has always been the deal breaker for me. I just didn't expect to see it here. I'm rather sad about this.
You can turn off the experience by sleeping in, going out, playing a different game, travelling, or a plethora of other things that weekend. You seem like a very reasonable person - you express your understanding of this decision's appeal for many people, and realize that you are in a tiny minority. So what's wrong with taking a few tiny breaks?

SamuraBob_Fl's Avatar


SamuraBob_Fl
03.13.2013 , 02:30 PM | #110
Just a minor gripe...

I like the boost, and I'm happy you guys did it. However, I can't figure out what the rationale for limiting it to weekends is. People obviously have their free time at different points during the week, and I don't see why you'd want to encourage playing more at the times that the most people are playing anyway.

Thanks for the xp boost, I just feel that this one aspect should be reconsidered.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE