Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get ready for new Double XP weekends!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Get ready for new Double XP weekends!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SiddNeverr
03.13.2013 , 12:53 PM | #71
and I swear if BW said it was going to lower the sub fee to $9.99 there would be QQing from people who'd say they felt $14.99 made it feel more worthwhile to them ... a discounted rate was cheapening their gameplay. :|

Warshades
03.13.2013 , 12:53 PM | #72
Just wanted to pop in and say thank you. This will really help me get my toon to 50 since I just rerolled another alt.
“Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.”

Pistols-GS
03.13.2013 , 12:58 PM | #73
I think people need to lighten up a bit. First off, it's a great model for the game and for those wish to work on some alts, and anything "double" is a welcome change to any grind in the lowbie area.

I don't partake in a lot of alt grinding, so if this remains "XP only", it won't have much in the way for me...but I still believe it's a great feature to see in the game, as I'm sure it will reappear at another time.

People also need to realize, with 2.0 around the corner, many are scrambling to get to get their alt toons to 50, in order to be ready for the new content. Take a step back, and look outside of yourself.

On another note, I do understand "Story" is important to many (as with slow grinding), so I would be in favor of having an option to turn-off double XP for the sake of Story mode.

Lastly enjoy these perks, they create much needed activity outside of the Fleet and tends to be a welcome addition to many players experiencing the gameplay with leveling.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

TrigPt
03.13.2013 , 01:02 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by SiddNeverr View Post
and I swear if BW said it was going to lower the sub fee to $9.99 there would be QQing from people who'd say they felt $14.99 made it feel more worthwhile to them ... a discounted rate was cheapening their gameplay. :|
People QQing about people QQing always makes me chuckle.

Forced double XP will ruin my gaming experience, some of us want to enjoy the leveling process not race to 50.

All I want is an opt out, If people want to speed level fine go for it. I'd like the option not to is that really too much to ask for?

Tommot
03.13.2013 , 01:03 PM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Incorrect. Rested experience only affects the killings of NPCs, double XP as a part of this promotion affects literally everything (space, quest rewards, PvP, etc). Technically, this double XP is way better than what you would normally get from rested.

Then, as I listed above you can increase those benefits through boosts and Legacy perks.
I have a question. Will this still burn through our rested XP when this is going on? Or will our rested XP remain the same (or actually slightly increase if we logout in cantinas) regardless of how much we play over the weekends?
Roswin - 50 Jedi Sentinel | Vaelin - 50 Sith Juggernaut | Kordis - 50 Sith Marauder | Vaelis - 50 Sith Assassin | Tylus - 50 Sniper
| Vint - 43 Mercenary | Kiden - 35 Vangaurd | Skavic - 22 Jedi Sage |

EricMusco
03.13.2013 , 01:05 PM | #76 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Also, just in case anyone was curious (although I haven't seen it brought up directly) this does not also affect things like Valor. The double XP promotion only affects experience gains.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

SiddNeverr
03.13.2013 , 01:07 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by TrigPt View Post
People QQing about people QQing always makes me chuckle.
certainly not as much as I am at the moment.

Nyaara
03.13.2013 , 01:08 PM | #78
I usually slap Bioware but these are good news, i think.

Thank you =)

Pistols-GS
03.13.2013 , 01:10 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Also, just in case anyone was curious (although I haven't seen it brought up directly) this does not also affect things like Valor. The double XP promotion only affects experience gains.

-eric
Thanks for answering that Eric, maybe in the future we could see some Double Valor, Comms, Social & Legacy type weekend events. From past games experiences, it really gets those gameplay avenues hopping.

Thanks again.
Pistols Shield

<S Key To Victory>

CelCawdro
03.13.2013 , 01:13 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by firestarter View Post
If they do events it should be for everyone not only for peeps levelling alts imo.
Impossibility. Nothing can appeal universally.