Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Infernal and Unyielding titles in 2.0

chuixupu
03.13.2013 , 02:42 AM | #1
I'm not sure if this has been talked about before, but, right now these titles are already ridiculously easy to get. I was wondering if they're going to be unobtainable at some point, as with level 55s in level 55 gear this will make the title pretty much a joke.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

cabled
03.13.2013 , 03:21 AM | #2
lol i remember back early in the day when we were running these in stock rakata

Darth-Mailman
03.13.2013 , 03:38 AM | #3
Those titles already are a joke... So easy to get.
Failure is allways an option.

AshlaBoga
03.13.2013 , 05:00 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Mailman View Post
Those titles already are a joke... So easy to get.
Mailman's right. 7 man clears of NiM EV and KP weren't abnormal in Rakata. Once HM EC came out we started seeing 5-6 man title runs. So back in 1.2 NiM EV and KP had already become a joke.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Leovinus
03.13.2013 , 06:55 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
I'm not sure if this has been talked about before, but, right now these titles are already ridiculously easy to get. I was wondering if they're going to be unobtainable at some point, as with level 55s in level 55 gear this will make the title pretty much a joke.
I've gotta ask, why does it mean so much to you that you're actually willing to ask them to spend time removing content from the game when they obviously have so much else that their time would be better spent on? It's been a joke for a while now. So just display your NiM EC title, if you want to pretend it actually has some great significance. After 2.0, that title too will become a joke to get, but I all but guarantee there will be something new for you to show off to proclaim your eliteness.

Or is it that you want to rest on your laurels? I dunno.

To me the titles are more of a cool little bonus factor that you can go back and get if you weren't able to in the first wave. At a certain point, everything becomes a "roleplaying" bonus more than an e-peen announcement.

JouerTue
03.13.2013 , 08:18 AM | #6
i use the title i like, i don't care about being recognized as elitist..i appreciate much more a guy with ''padawan'' in his name and in full EWH than someone who has the best in the game but who leaves insances because people are noobs

Ms_Sunlight
03.13.2013 , 08:51 AM | #7
Yeah, just use the title you think sounds coolest or funniest. It's a nice perk. I think I still have "The Outlaw" on my Scoundrel even at end game just because I like it. I'm sure there'll be new titles coming in 2.0, just like TFB brought Red Rhombus and Dreadtooth brought Drouk Hunter.
Carilie - Scoundrel // Dastelen - Shadow // Dras'yra - Sniper // Elonie - Sorcerer // Undali - Powertech
Server: The Red Eclipse // Guild: The Onyx Guard / The Orbital Guard

mikebevo
03.13.2013 , 10:27 AM | #8
I don't see the big deal, as a matter of fact we ran alts and newer guild people through KP NiM and EV NiM the last two weeks just so they could get the titles. Most of these guild members have already completed HM TfB and HM EC. So we were there strictly for fun and titles. I see no reason to remove the titles, but then again I don't look at titles as a status symbols.

the time Im running around with Captain on my smuggler, or Master on my Jedi, the other I just have Flygirl up. Occasionally I will display a new title for a day or two, but then I will revert back to an old standard. I may not display them that often, but I do enjoy getting them on all my toons, so I would hate for them to be removed until I get all my Imp alts to 50.

jasonthelamb
03.13.2013 , 10:50 AM | #9
I still wear my 'unyielding' title, as a reminder of the server-first NiM KP many moons ago.

Khevar
03.13.2013 , 01:36 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ms_Sunlight View Post
Yeah, just use the title you think sounds coolest or funniest. It's a nice perk. I think I still have "The Outlaw" on my Scoundrel even at end game just because I like it. I'm sure there'll be new titles coming in 2.0, just like TFB brought Red Rhombus and Dreadtooth brought Drouk Hunter.
^^^ Exactly.

I've got a lengthy list of titles on my Commando, but the one I wear is "Major"