Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Newbie Flash Point Question to high lvl?

DARKERICH
03.11.2013 , 06:19 PM | #1
I played my sith warrior till lvl 38 and haven't done a FP. I wanted to get a feel for the class and game before jumping into group content. Should i start at the first low lvl FP or jump right into a lvl 38 FP? Thanks in advance.

cabled
03.11.2013 , 07:05 PM | #2
i would say it depends on how used you are to playing mmos/games in general. if you are familiar, the flashpoints aren't too bad. if you are new, might want to start with mandalorian raiders or cademimu... you're high level enough that you probably wont die there but its a good starting point before u hit boarding party. I'm assuming you're a tank...

mufgufkin
03.11.2013 , 08:18 PM | #3
Yeah start with cademimu. Boarding party can be a bit rough if you hanvn't done an FP and Foundery can be a nightmare unless you have a group that is really good. Both of those FPs are lower than 38. You should start doing FPs tho, they are alot of fun unless you play with jerks.

JouerTue
03.12.2013 , 03:00 AM | #4
when you join make people know that you are at your first look to FPs..

Bandrashu
03.12.2013 , 08:19 AM | #5
I would suggest getting into these FP's as soon as possible. They are fun in most of the cases and you miss a lot if you skip them. Later you will need them anyways. Hard Mode FP's. It doesn't hurt to know the instances a bit.

If you are a tank then you might want to start with a lower lvl one and dont forget to tell the others that this is going to be your first time in that FP. Dont forget to ask them to explain if there are any tricks at a given boss. Sometimes you have to kill the adds first, in other cases it is the boss you need to start with. It is good to know these details and you will learn these mechanics in a couple fo runs.

If you are a dps then you can start with FP's at your lvl but mention that you haven't done that one yet. But if you just watch the others then you cannot really make a mistake.

Thalog
03.12.2013 , 08:57 AM | #6
i would recomend starting with mando raiders with a full guild group. most guilds will work with you to get you comfortable with your role. just be sure of what role will be first.

Tank- easy one for a jug, your role will be the first one into a fight. you dont have to worry about doing too much damage, just keep a shield on the healer and use your taunts at the right time. learning that may take a few pulls but a guild group will work with you to get it down. and one thing to remember above all, keep adds off the healer, the dps will handle themselves pretty easy.

Dps- this is a pretty easy role but can be done wrong far to easily, you have two things to bear in mind as a dps jug. your role is doing as much damage to everything as you can and a secondary guard for the healer. watch your AOE attacks if there is a stun on anything and keep an eye on the healers hp bar. if it goes down at all get back to them and pull agro on whatever is attacking the healer. the tank will pick it back up pretty quick. the best dps players will wipe out the easy adds quick and begin burning down the silvers before joining the tank on the golds and bosses.

Chose your role and have fun dude, FP are great funand drop amazing gear you cannot get anywhere else
Note to self, Jawas may be hot under those robes

DARKERICH
03.12.2013 , 05:29 PM | #7
Thank you for the replies and confidence boosts lol. I have played a few MMOs in the past and am comfortable with my DPS role. But i avoided FPs as I didn't want to piss everyone off not knowing the correct rotation etc.. but i will jump in and go for the good gear that i know im missing. thanks again for the FP recommendations.