Erked.

Levity

How about you thank to those who have been playing your game since the day one? Instead, you are saying thanks to people who came one month ago and spent money at your pathetic Cartel Market while those who kept you game alive for over a year got...what? WE made that Cartel Market. For every item we got, they could get 5 more and 5 times better, 5 times easier.

Also, about the pay to win crap: Stop lying. Remember Space Missions. You promised it won't be that way and you still keep talking about it on and on, while Pay to Win is already in the game.

I know how this came as rude, but I am really pissed. I am not the only one and keep that in mind, because when I leave, others will leave too. It won't be just ONE person.

You were already thanked. The long term players got a nice chunk of Cartel Coins when the CM was launched.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about you thank to those who have been playing your game since the day one? Instead, you are saying thanks to people who came one month ago and spent money at your pathetic Cartel Market while those who kept you game alive for over a year got...what? WE made that Cartel Market. For every item we got, they could get 5 more and 5 times better, 5 times easier.

Also, about the pay to win crap: Stop lying. Remember Space Missions. You promised it won't be that way and you still keep talking about it on and on, while Pay to Win is already in the game.

I know how this came as rude, but I am really pissed. I am not the only one and keep that in mind, because when I leave, others will leave too. It won't be just ONE person.

And another +100 to you. Well said.

Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva

Eric,

The biggest problem with the way this system is currently set up are the Cartel Market Certificates as they are bound to the character that gets them. I, like probably many others, open Cartel Packs on alts because they have all my empty cargo bays. Now all of my Certificates are bound to my alts and I can't buy anything for my mains without spending even more money on Cartel Packs. You say this reputation is based on money spent but, even though the reputation is based on money spent, the actual items are based on money spent PER CHARACTER (and luck). The Certificates should be bound on Legacy or the items from the vendors should be bound on Legacy.

I completely agree with this post, and I was pleased to see Eric's response to it. At a minimum, I feel the certificates need to be bound-to-legacy.

To continue on this track, historically one of the benefits of all previous Cartel Market items was the ability to transfer them to other players in the game. In fact, BW went to great lengths to make sure this was feasible, even if it took them time - for example removing the binding of the ship droid customizations.

As someone who has bought a considerable number of cartel packs - BW look up my purchases - this reward system is not that beneficial. The intent is appreciated, but its manifestation is less than ideal.

The pay for reputation is fine, and the access to exclusive credit-purchasable gear is nice. I feel this is very similar to the exclusivity granted to CE owners.

However, the Cartel Market Certificates are lacking. I believe there are currently two unique items that require this currency - the Aratech Eclipse and the Resplendent Crown of Avarice. All of the other items that require this currency were previously available via Shipment 1 Packs. I submit that those who are likely to open enough packs to acquire the reputation and/or certificates are probably the same players who already opened enough packs from Shipment 1 to acquire all of the rare items.

Simply, you are offering rewards to people that already have the intended reward, and now your reward comes with strings attached.

I could also envision a situation where those who have purchased the most packs quickly max out their reputation. If this happens, a BoP reputation token negates the value they derive from future packs, which could reduce their willingness to buy more packs. In other words, you are disincentivizing your best customers from buying more.

Personally, I feel all Cartel Market items should be transferable to other characters.

I was ok with the Cartel Market being introduced to add cosmetic items but I am not ok with in-game achievements and reputation, game systems that indicate skill or a personal achievement being turned into a pay-to-achieve scenario above a basic subscription. This includes cartel mounts being tied to an in-game achievement.

For what it is worth, it is not acceptable to me and I will not support it. It's a blatant money grab and should not have been done. It lacks even the class of the CCG that was produced for WoW with rare items.

They did, they gave us a bunch of CM tokens when the game went F2P, and more every month.

I have been subscribed since about a month after launch.

I have bought 1 armor set, 2 race unlocks, and have enough points currently to buy another armor set.

Their "reward" for subscribers is to give us a taste of the stuff that we should be getting for subscribing. This isn't a reward program, it's a carrot to get you to spend more on stuff you shouldn't have to pay extra for in the first place.

I have bought 1 armor set, 2 race unlocks, and have enough points currently to buy another armor set.

Their "reward" for subscribers is to give us a taste of the stuff that we should be getting for subscribing. This isn't a reward program, it's a carrot to get you to spend more on stuff you shouldn't have to pay extra for in the first place.

^

/10char

Just about every mmo now has a cash shop with cosmetic items in it. This is pretty much standard fare these days, so I don't see what the problem is. Going back to that, no multipage hate threads were started about people buying packs from the cartel market, but now that those same people are able to earn specific reputation that gives them zero advantage over anyone else, suddenly the world is ending and EA is an evil money grabber? I don't buy the ridiculous amount of angst being generated over this.

QFT - this is what I've felt like from the first moment I got my first cartel grant.

You 'believe' that you shouldn't have to pay for it. And you're free to believe it.

But, if you think that MMOs shouldn't be a system of 'stick and/or carrot', you're going to be disappointed. That sort of gear grinding/rep grinding/credit grinding is how these things are done.

In short, if you want more, either put in the time or the money to get it.

They already do, if you're not a subscriber, you gotta pay weekly to do them, or well, get something out of doing them, but warzones you gotta pay for. ;P

And you failed to see that I wrote you can buy the packs for credits, always could, always will be able to.

So still, they are not forcing you to buy the packs with RL money.

Yes, I could buy them, for around 350K each. That would literally take me years to acomplish. So let's not use ridiculous workarounds and face facts: you have to pay to access new content.

And yes, but I AM a subscriber. Been supporting the game since early access. Perhaps I should make the comparison a little clearer, though; How about making it so everyone not only has to pay for Ops, warzones etc, but that you also have to gamble for them. Going on my experience, we'll say it'd be a 1 in 20 chance to get the item you want. That's not even mentioning the reputation you have to buy to be able to get what you want...

That doesn't help Andryah. He's frustrated, and rightfully so. You don't have to agree with him, but this reply is simply mocking him.

Don't even bother.

Andryah has been an undying defender of anything that happens and will attack one always. :rolleyes:

Actually it is the equivalent of a $5 discount on your subscription.

I do not however expect you to be reasonable and see it that way. ;)

As for your Warzones strawman in an earlier thread... they are not free to anyone. Either you pay a subscription to gain access OR you buy passes on the CCM. Subscribers get a broad set of access to the game that non-subscribers do not unless they pay to unlock them via the CCM. The game runs under a dual access model.

Yes, I could buy them, for around 350K each. That would literally take me years to acomplish. So let's not use ridiculous workarounds and face facts: you have to pay to access new content.

And yes, but I AM a subscriber. Been supporting the game since early access. Perhaps I should make the comparison a little clearer, though; How about making it so everyone not only has to pay for Ops, warzones etc, but that you also have to gamble for them. Going on my experience, we'll say it'd be a 1 in 20 chance to get the item you want. That's not even mentioning the reputation you have to buy to be able to get what you want...

Do you sincerely think that the price will stay at 350k forever? Or even for more than a few weeks at most?

Is there an item or Cartel Pack that's ever been released that hasn't dropped in price over time?

Just about every mmo now has a cash shop with cosmetic items in it. This is pretty much standard fare these days, so I don't see what the problem is. Going back to that, no multipage hate threads were started about people buying packs from the cartel market, but now that those same people are able to earn specific reputation that gives them zero advantage over anyone else, suddenly the world is ending and EA is an evil money grabber? I don't buy the ridiculous amount of angst being generated over this.

Name a f2p mmo that has a rep. grind based on their cash shop? There's been threads complaining about the CM since it's come out. Especially when the ship components were put in there. In everyone of those threads people have remarked about how they are just putting it out as a cash grab. I have no issues with this. But you do it with finesse. You don't take a core MMO element and make it a cash grab. That is what was wrong. They would of made money off of the packs regardless(the stuff in them is hella awesome imo). This rep. thing is seeing how far they can take their model into the core elements of the game. That;s a bad sign to a lot of people.

That doesn't help Andryah. He's frustrated, and rightfully so. You don't have to agree with him, but this reply is simply mocking him.

His threat to quit and take people with him is equally unhelpful. I'm not going to ignore it. Threats earn a reply.

Edited by Andryah

Yes, we made that Cartel Market. Most of the people I know spending hundreds of dollars on those packs are, in fact, long time subscribers. Nobody is coming into this game just to buy some vanity items and leave.

I agree that I would like to see more love thrown at those simply paying a subscription fee (as Damion Schubert keeps saying it's important to them), however the truth of the matter is a lot of those same people are the same people buying the packs, quite possibly the most amount of money coming into the game now is from those packs, so yes, they're going to want to reward those people and keep encouraging them to buy them.

Do you sincerely think that the price will stay at 350k forever? Or even for more than a few weeks at most?

Is there an item or Cartel Pack that's ever been released that hasn't dropped in price over time?

Cartel Packs on Harbinger have been 200-300k since CM launched. They never go lower. They go a little higher when they first come out. So yes. I think they will be that expensive forever.

Um, yes, I do think the price will stay around that. Because the prices DO stay around that...